What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3

ouryears

Bench
So much for the NSW dynasty.
Sick of hearing it from people who don't get that QLD never give in.

Players who were average and need to lift are James Roberts,
Maloney, Klemmer, and Cleary.

A player who went ok but added less spark than i thought was Tedesco.

Slater is a far better FB than Teddy. Reminds me of Dugan.

The Damo

Juniors
So much for the NSW dynasty.
Sick of hearing it from people who don't get that QLD never give in.

Players who were average and need to lift are James Roberts,
Maloney, Klemmer, and Cleary.

A player who went ok but added less spark than i thought was Tedesco.

Slater is a far better FB than Teddy. Reminds me of Dugan.
QLD never give in? Any ground other than Suncorp and they lose last night. Not a conspiracy, but if you can honestly say they didn’t get a huuuuge home ground advantage (7-1 penalty count after 60 minutes) then I don’t know what to tell you. They were very good no doubt, but they got a lot of leeway.

FlameThrower

Bench
I switched off as soon as game was over. For Slayter to win MOM and player of the series is a joke. But back to the game - it’s a typical Origin game - an intercept pass, a brain explosion a suss ref call, wrong decision that could have led to a try—-happens all the time. Very surprised to see all the Dragons forwards sitting on the bench at one time — no wonder the team was exhausted. They all game thru OK which was my biggest worry.

ozbuck

Juniors
Damn there are some bitter people out there.

Slater is an absolute champion. One of, if not he greatest fullback to play the game. Its been a pleasure watching that kid go around, so an athlete and 99% of the time he has played in the spirit of the game.

Last night was a great way for him to go out, and thats coming from a NSW man here. Fantastic game. Everyone wants a reason to complain, to feel like theyre missing out, to feel a victim. Dead set. Great game and people still want to talk it down. When you're looking for whats wrong, you'll always find it. Focus on it long enough and its all you see.

Slater is an absolute champion. One of, if not he greatest fullback to play the game. Its been a pleasure watching that kid go around, so an athlete and 99% of the time he has played in the spirit of the game.

Last night was a great way for him to go out, and thats coming from a NSW man here. Fantastic game. Everyone wants a reason to complain, to feel like theyre missing out, to feel a victim. Dead set. Great game and people still want to talk it down. When you're looking for whats wrong, you'll always find it. Focus on it long enough and its all you see.
Just a shame he’s such a dick
2469162B-293C-4C81-804C-9DE84D05F181.jpeg

The Damo

Juniors

It’s entirely possible to have hugely enjoyed a fantastic game of top teir football, and acknowledge that one team got a huge home ground advantage. I had an absolute ball watching last night, enjoyed every minute, appreciate the skills and toughness of all involved, and think the reffing was pretty close to one sided.
Same as thinking Billy is the best fullback I’ve ever seen play, an absolute exemplar of talent, hard work and breathtaking skill, vision and agility. But he’s also been a dirty, cheap shotting, kicking, studs up sliding, knee dropping prick. There’s no reason both of those can’t be true, and be acknowledged.

silverex

Bench
I didn't see the game last night.

The only thing that concerns me is the health of all our reps. Did everyone come through unscathed?

giboz71

First Grade
The two sides are pretty close. When you take all those champions away from QLD, that evens it all up. Last night was another example.

All 3 games were close.

There will be no dynasty on the coming years for either side.

It will all depend on who wants it more.

Dragsters

First Grade
The two sides are pretty close. When you take all those champions away from QLD, that evens it all up. Last night was another example.

All 3 games were close.

There will be no dynasty on the coming years for either side.

It will all depend on who wants it more.

Agreed.

Normal Origin transmission resumes...

ozbuck

Juniors
It’s entirely possible to have hugely enjoyed a fantastic game of top teir football, and acknowledge that one team got a huge home ground advantage. I had an absolute ball watching last night, enjoyed every minute, appreciate the skills and toughness of all involved, and think the reffing was pretty close to one sided.
Same as thinking Billy is the best fullback I’ve ever seen play, an absolute exemplar of talent, hard work and breathtaking skill, vision and agility. But he’s also been a dirty, cheap shotting, kicking, studs up sliding, knee dropping prick. There’s no reason both of those can’t be true, and be acknowledged.

I thought the ref's were quiet and let the game roll for the most part. They could have easily just awarded the Slater try at the start of the game if there was some 'ref conspiracy' going on, Im not saying you think that but there are those who actually think refs have secret intentions.

I cant think of too many real clangers from last night... the linesman putting his flag up when the NSW guy didnt touch the line was one, but the ball definitely traveled forward from the tap on anyway I thought.

To be honest, I think NSW got the rub of the green in games 1 and 2. Qld's repeated sets by a great short kicking game came back to bite NSW in the second half...lack of energy. And Sims and Klemmers penalties were brain explosions. Qld score from Sims'. NSW denied a try by Klemmers. IF one were to look at it like that, then theres 12 points difference right there.

Bench
One of the so called media experts rated Vaughan 4.5 having just one run for 18 meters.
Was he watching the same game as me. I would like to know why he did not play in the second half.