What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie Draft 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjp81

Juniors
Another player in a position I don't need. Looks a good player though (Rashaan Evans). You guys are killing me.

nick87

Coach
Damn you Volcanoes I had my sights set on Miller!

I was struggling hard to decide between Hines, Miller and Chark

Went with Hines because of lack of RB depth beyond him. Think the Chark pick is absolute money though

abpanther

Staff member
I was struggling hard to decide between Hines, Miller and Chark

Went with Hines because of lack of RB depth beyond him. Think the Chark pick is absolute money though

I think Hines is a very good pick, if Luck is healthy he'll catch plenty of passes, people forget how many catches Bradshaw got when Luck was healthy

I love Chark as a prospect, he should ascend quickly up that depth chart

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Absolutely thrilled to get Washington at the end of the 3rd, will get a lot of reps and with JuJu,AB and LB getting a lot of coverage will develop nicely over the season.

nick87

Coach
God dammit
I didnt think he'd get to me but i had just started to believe i might be able to snare Washington. Great pick

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
God dammit
I didnt think he'd get to me but i had just started to believe i might be able to snare Washington. Great pick
I wasn’t really looking at WRs... even though i might regret letting DJ Moore go as i think he will be a star in a season or two.

Went to pick up some RB depth and seen his name still up there, and was trying to figure out why, had to see if he was injured, seen he was fine and pulled the trigger, he may be behind JuJu and AB, but he will be the clear #3 and will see his targets if he is progressing well.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Washington slots straight into the WR3 slot I think, not much competition there, he'll get those Martavis deep shots too so could have some big games.

nick87

Coach
Yeah that’s a money pick
I took Callaway, talent is off the charts, and I think they’ll end up cutting Corey Coleman and eventually that outside WR spot is Callaway’s

zombie jesus

Staff member
Contracts are updated up to pick 4.03, let me know if there's an issue.

The way things are moving we should begin free agency over the weekend, maybe Sunday night.

nick87

Coach

Not that i mind but i have Derwin James at a salary of $4 for 1000 years.

yeah thats kind of my problem haha, not him in particular because he was gone before my 3rd pick but i passed on guys (and planned to pass on James if he was there( that i wanted to draft into my line up, to take taxi squad developers instead.

Id like to extend the draft by 2 rounds so we can get more shots at taxi squad guys, OR allow an UDFA to be added to taxi sqaud if they are won at 1k

Maybe we all agree that's just part of strategy but to me, if you're on a roster as a rookie @ 1k you should be eligible for the taxi squad

zombie jesus

Staff member
Stick yer suggestions in the rules suggestions thread, that's where I get them from when we go through changes next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts