What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Totally, he pissed Flanno off though so was pushed out.
BTW, Josh Morris is older than Jason Nightingale and Sharks have just signed him for the next TWO seasons. Wow, thats an unusual signing IMO.

Crush
I agree as the sharks have good depth in the lower grades.
But having said that.
Josh will not let them downHe will do his job and as much as it pains me to say flanno is a good coach.
So I would say for what they payed he will do ok

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm not so sure. Ferguson has been playing some good footy this year and apparently has cleaned up his act outside of footy. I guess if the Roosters are only offering a one year deal, and the Eels are offering a three year deal, he'd be mad not to take it.

I agree.
As long as fergo is in a good head space and improving.
He will be good for the eels

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
Blake Ferguson has been one of the top wingers this year, if not, the best. He was a good signing for Parra. 3 years a bit long however.

Aaron Woods is going to be a good signing. He has a fair bit of hate directed at him even since he was overrated by selectors, which has in turn made him become rather underrated.

Moylan has not paid off yet for the Sharks, but when you look at it as they traded an ageing half for a young one with massive potential, and consider that Maloney staying when he clearly wanted to leave was in nobody's best interests, I understand the swap.

Josh Morris is a bit more of a risk. But he's all class and as far as ageing centres go, one of the safer bets.

None of these signings will be as disastrous as Jack Bird for Broncos. And I'm not gonna pile on young Jack for a poor and injured first season of a contract. But I simply don't think the Broncos even need him. I don't see where he fits into their squad.

Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, James Maloney , James Graham and Blake Green are the best recruitments this year.

Special mention to Matt Lodge. Yes I really mean it. Been the Broncos best forward

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Blake Ferguson has been one of the top wingers this year, if not, the best. He was a good signing for Parra. 3 years a bit long however.

Aaron Woods is going to be a good signing. He has a fair bit of hate directed at him even since he was overrated by selectors, which has in turn made him become rather underrated.

Moylan has not paid off yet for the Sharks, but when you look at it as they traded an ageing half for a young one with massive potential, and consider that Maloney staying when he clearly wanted to leave was in nobody's best interests, I understand the swap.

Josh Morris is a bit more of a risk. But he's all class and as far as ageing centres go, one of the safer bets.

None of these signings will be as disastrous as Jack Bird for Broncos. And I'm not gonna pile on young Jack for a poor and injured first season of a contract. But I simply don't think the Broncos even need him. I don't see where he fits into their squad.

Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, James Maloney , James Graham and Blake Green are the best recruitments this year.

Special mention to Matt Lodge. Yes I really mean it. Been the Broncos best forward
not forgetting Mitchell Pearce im sure he will pay his way

Ok, all due respect to Fergo and Morris, but I would prefer to see the Dragons bring on some young excitement machines in the backline, not ageing backs just looking to see out their careers.

Fergo and Morris will never let you down, but players like Dufty, young and fast bring people to games.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dont understand why guys like Herbert & Periera havnt been given a crack at Nightys wing spot .but then again with Mary at the helm its steady as she goes ........

BBTB

Juniors
Dont understand why guys like Herbert & Periera havnt been given a crack at Nightys wing spot .but then again with Mary at the helm its steady as she goes ........
Mary is a knuckle drag'n fool.
Nightgale has stayed to long.
Also we didn't need Latimoron.
He's f**kn as useless as tits on a bull.,
He let's Packer go & buys Latimoron...
Oh yeah...
The up and comers, their to small. .Laurie, Sells,
Host.. Could be OK. If he grows a pair...
Need to attack the market place
Clemmer,Cangi Jr.

Redhoopz

Juniors
Mary is a knuckle drag'n fool.
Nightgale has stayed to long.
Also we didn't need Latimoron.
He's f**kn as useless as tits on a bull.,
He let's Packer go & buys Latimoron...
Oh yeah...
The up and comers, their to small. .Laurie, Sells,
Host.. Could be OK. If he grows a pair...
Need to attack the market place
Clemmer,Cangi Jr.

I think you'll find that they let Packer go because of the money the Tigers were throwing at him, and that they also had Graham coming in.

I think Latimore has done alright this year...hasn't done anything flashy but has been solid. I get the impression that he's a good bloke to have around for team culture. Would I prefer to see a youngster in his position? of course...

Lawrie has actually put on size since last season and will continue to grow. Sele and Host have held their own in FG.

It's hard to get a read on the young forwards/second rowers as they never get enough game time to show their worth. judging players on 5-10 minute spells a game is a little harsh...

I was hoping to see Herbet/Periera get a shot, but I honestly can't see any changes to our backline until two or more get injured.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree Periera has played 15 games
scored 15 trys
total running meters2234 at 149 per game
15 line breaks
85 tackle busts
Not much more he can do.
Herbert has played 15 games
scored 8 trys
total running meters 2248 at 150 per game
So to me herbert is a nrl player in the waiting.
This year he has played centre, 6 and 1.
So at least a bench spot.

Crush

Coach
There is a strong rumour circulating that Nightingale will start on the wing this weekend. I know, its hard to believe.