What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin Game 3 - Wed 11th July

TheParraboy

Staff member
I too think that Cleary was like a Mitchell Pearce MkII in games 2 and 3. Great in defence, but offered sweet FA in attack. Most of his clearing kicks were pretty ordinary as well. He gets some slack given his age and that it was his first series, but has to offer more next year IMO.

He was nowhere near Pearce "quality"

There was no hospital passes and multiple stuff ups on tackle 5 for starters

Id go as far as to say we possibly lose the series if Pearce dished up one of his many origin performances

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary clearly hasn't nailed down his spot going forward IMO. Also honestly I can't see him getting any better. Probably not any worse either though. I don't think he'll ever be a consistent game breaker.
Unless he completely models his play on Cronk, but even then he'll need some Smiths, Slaters, Munsters (preferably Herman) around him to do that

Peaked at 19yld. Possible. All downhill from here.

84 Baby

Referee
I think the one disadvantage Cleary had over Pearce was not getting to play with the greatest leader of men the world has ever known. Paul “I’ll carry you even if you don’t want me to” Gallen

Gronk

Staff member
Todd is refusing to reveal the voting for the MOS awarded to Slater.

Instead of making the problem go away, all that is going to do is create for friction and innuendo.

FFS Todd !

strider

Post Whore

Instead of making the problem go away, all that is going to do is create for friction and innuendo.

FFS Todd !
Captains call .... f**kin todd

FFS Todd !

but seriously how can slater who didn't play in game 1, lost in game 2 and won game 3 win against nsw players who won the first two games?

TheParraboy

Staff member

FFS Todd !

On nrl360 yesterday, they said Lockyer, Daley and I think Meninga were the judges. So two Qlders. Points are given on a 4, 3, 2, 1 basis

Wouldn’t be surprised if Daley gave Slater 2 or 3 points ( would he be a bit deluded and still hurt from his nsw sacking to give slater 4 points?)

Can easily see Lockyer and Meninga giving slater 4 pts each, worst case 3 points.

It’s also possible none of them gave slater 4 points, and he still came out on top

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol Locky on the footy show said Slater won the voting by a big space, if that is true it shows how f**ked the voting system is and how geniused the blokes selecting the awards are. Seriously Slater wasn't the best player on the field in both games he played yet wins POTS.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Foxsports reported last night that the judges were:

Locky
Meninga
Loz

There is your answer

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think the one disadvantage Cleary had over Pearce was not getting to play with the greatest leader of men the world has ever known. Paul “I’ll carry you even if you don’t want me to” Gallen
Why carry people when you can just wedge them into the gaps in your teeth?

strider

Post Whore
was it just a straight up vote for PotS? ... or points for each game as the series progressed?

edit ... oh right - the 2 headed queenslander explains in that video

hindy111

Post Whore
Why bother voting.
At end of series a 2 min discussion. And lets see who 99% of fans picked.
More then likely one of

Teddy, Maloney,Cook

Gronk

Staff member
was it just a straight up vote for PotS? ... or points for each game as the series progressed?

edit ... oh right - the 2 headed queenslander explains in that video

For Slater to be far ahead of others in the 4, 3, 2, 1 polling, Slater must have been given 3, 4 or 4, 4 by each of the judges for his two games.

So assume he got 4, 4 from each judge that means that he averaged over 2.666 over 3 games.

So for him to be streets ahead of other players, that would mean that no player got anywhere near 8 points accumulated over 3 games ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Latest posts