What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

ouryears

Bench
Bump. Where's that poster claiming Hunt is the form halfback in the comp?
All players go thru ups and downs.
I prefer to support them thru their mistakes.
Let’s see how hunt goes this wed night.

I think he will show good form

Nerd

Bench
All players go thru ups and downs.
I prefer to support them thru their mistakes.
Let’s see how hunt goes this wed night.

I think he will show good form
I did just that all through 2016 and the start of 2017 and Hunt did have the occasional good game but the rest were below average where he went missing for large parts of each game. His performances in game 1 and 2 and his benching for game 3 show that he's still struggling and that he's being carried by Widdop and the Dragons gun forward pack.
I'm hoping he comes off the bench and does something great tonight but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it. To be honest if he can get through whatever game time he sees with no errors I will be happy.

Nerd

Bench
I actually feel sorry for Ben Hunt. He was trying his guts out against the Tigers but had yet another howler.

JW

Coach
Unfortunately for Ben, he's still showing some the same issues that plagued his performances with us, which is why (despite Nikorima's shortcomings) he was rightly never offered a Saint's salary by Brisbane. Fragile confidence and predictably fading in and out of games/series of games. Risky traits for a 7 and puts too big a gap between his best and worst. When he finds himself in the shit like this, he really needs to just strip things back, start running the footy (his biggest strength) and go from there. He's certainly capable of turning it around this year, but after watching this same pattern during his time with us, it's looking unlikely.

DeeJ

Bench
He might find his best position is hooker by the end of his career. It's a shame because that running game was so great.

blaza88z

Coach
I don't buy this best position is hooker rubbish, he had a few good games for us when we were on top during those games and it allowed him to run the ball with freedom and he's a great ball runner at the worst of times

Any team with a formidable pack seeing Ben Hunt as the hooker defending in the middle of the ruck would be rubbing their hands togethor

DeeJ

Bench
I'm not sure if it's his best. But he would have less responsibilities there especially on the 5th tackle.

Defense could go either way. I remember he won a game for us last year with his aggressive defense from hooker. I don't know if he could do it for a full 80.

Latest posts