What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
There will be no surprises and BA will coach next year. I hope for his sake he upsets a few of the players and moves on some "deadwood". He will most certainly be moved on himself if he produces another horror show next year.
Another thing I have noticed is that almost all of our players would only be fringe first graders elsewhere. This is a flaw in our recruitment.

#longtimelistener
#firsttimecaller

Chipmunk

Coach
In fairness to the coach in my opinion his only error has been over estimating the squad he thought was good enough for 2018. In reality his success was because of the individual brilliance of a bloke no longer at the club and another bloke returning from his second ACL. The rest of his previous squad are just bit players.

If he makes the right retention and recruitment decisions he'll have some success. If he doesn't he won't be an NRL coach this time next year

Chipmunk

Coach
Like Kane Evans?

Kane Evans has always been and always is going to be a number 6 middle forward or player 17 in your squad. As long as we come up with 16 better players in our squad than Kane Evans we'll provide value, like he did at the Roosters.

Our biggest issue is spending way too much on player 20 to 25. If we can take that money and spend it on other players who will.make us a contender in 2019 in the Top 17 then we should be good.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
The fact that he has recruited fergo shows that he us trying to replicate the same style he had with semi. An outdated style.

The guy is not a forward thinking coach and only has a limited football intelligence.

We're in for a lot of pain whilst he is still the coach.

Noise

Coach
Kane Evans has always been and always is going to be a number 6 middle forward or player 17 in your squad.

Not always. Last year he finished up as player 18, 19 or 20 in the squad. And that is where he has been for us the last 5 weeks too.

Chipmunk

Coach
Not always. Last year he finished up as player 18, 19 or 20 in the squad. And that is where he has been for us the last 5 weeks too.

Evans would be fine if we had some better leadership. Our biggest issue is having to recruit some leadership from here is going to be easier said than done for 2019, whether BA is the coach or Bellyache.

Noise

Coach
Evans would be fine if we had some better leadership. Our biggest issue is having to recruit some leadership from here is going to be easier said than done for 2019, whether BA is the coach or Bellyache.

I don’t think we can blame leadership on Evans inability to get out of reserve grade

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like Arthur, but my patience is starting to wear thin.

However, I'm not sure there are any quality candidates available at the moment, should he lose his job...

Chipmunk

Coach
I don’t think we can blame leadership on Evans inability to get out of reserve grade

No, but as I pointed out he'll be fine as the number 6 middle forward or number 17 in the squad and 20 mins a game, which is what he did at the Roosters.

He's salary is probably a little high for that number 17 though, but I suggest he's not the only one in the current squad who's not offering any value compared to their salary.

Latest posts