What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 V Souths

ouryears

Bench
Dragonslayer.
They new there was a risk with player how were half fit and sould not of played.
As you say perfect opportunity to have played lawrie and have a extra forward.
Also if you are only going to give lomax 5 min in a game like that.
He would be better off having play isp.
South's were good we were terrible.
I hope if there is injuries like last week they rest the players and give lawrie a run.
Also pat herbert is better option of the bench as he can play anywhere in the back line.
Mary use your bench.
You don't have to be a genius to you to correctly.
End of rant we will bounce back
Dragonssamy, why does any coach think an injured player will play better than a very good ISP replacement?

I am not talking minor injuries, but carrying a bad injury into a game against highly trained athletes who are also smart foitballlers is ridiculous.

Of course you will be found out and found wanting.

People who think they are indespensible make me sick.

And the coaching staff need a kick up up the arse.

ouryears

Bench
It MAY happen that way mate, but in professional sport, it NEVER should.

There is NO player above the badge. The Decision should be made by the coach on the advice of medical professionals. If any player is not deemed fit to play, then replace them. Not only is a derelict of duty, but its also selfish.

A decision based on the players desire could cost us big time ..
Just a quick question?

Was it just me that thought our forwards seem to get in the way of every play yesterday?

JDB playing first receiver while he was on, Sims, Friz, Ah Mau, Graham always receiving the ball in the middle of a backline play.

Hunt was hurt, Widdop went MIA, and the forwards seemed to run the game.

What is it with widdop, like the past 3 yrs, as soon as he doesn't have a half back does he go on a big sook and think... well then
I am not playing either.

Geeze man, stand up and earn your money plus you are the captain for goodness sakes.

Sick of his MIA as soon as his halfback goes down. Might sound harsh but his attitude to me sucks big time.

Great players stand up, not hide in a hole.

ouryears

Bench
As you say if it was all about the forwards why on earth would you go into the game with a rookie winger on the bench..... he defies belief sometimes
I've been hoping Mary had changed. I have been supporting his new found success.

But on sunday he proved he is still a moron of a coach.

Siebold at Souths and Cleary at the tigers have shown what getting rid of a useless coach and bringing in a smart one will do for you.

His use of the bench, letting injured players play, and his bench selections are useless and have made me realise once again that he is not our man for the job.

I mean this is basic shit he gets wrong.

It's not Mensa stuff.

Old Timer

Coach
What is it with widdop, like the past 3 yrs, as soon as he doesn't have a half back does he go on a big sook and think... well then
I am not playing either.

Geeze man, stand up and earn your money plus you are the captain for goodness sakes.

Sick of his MIA as soon as his halfback goes down. Might sound harsh but his attitude to me sucks big time.

Great players stand up, not hide in a hole.
I sense this comment has been coming for a while (like a hard baked turd that needed a bit of Vas to come out) but we needed a loss and a quiet game from Widdop for you to find a way to do it.
I am sure you are aware that there is a thread for Widdop maybe it's time for you to open that up and post in there because it is obvious from the above statement that is what you want to.
We are 8-2 with Widdop playing consistently good football and he is the very least of our problems despite the ugly way we lost to Souths.

ouryears

Bench
I sense this comment has been coming for a while (like a hard baked turd that needed a bit of Vas to come out) but we needed a loss and a quiet game from Widdop for you to find a way to do it.
I am sure you are aware that there is a thread for Widdop maybe it's time for you to open that up and post in there because it is obvious from the above statement that is what you want to.
We are 8-2 with Widdop playing consistently good football and he is the very least of our problems despite the ugly way we lost to Souths.
Nope, it belongs here because it relates to the Souths game OT.
Who made you the boss?

Widdop is not off bounds as much as you would love him to be.

It's good enough for Nighty, Lattimore, Nene, Dufty to be critiqued, it's good enough for Widdop as well.

In fact more, since he is the captain.

Why is it you would like to put him on the protected species?

Your reference to Vas on anyone who criticises widdop shows your brain cell count is critically low.

Widdop went MIA vs soufs.

Why is that?

I will critique widdop as much as any other player, quit the Vas shit you fool.

He has played well this year, however as soon as his halves partner has an issue, the evidence is there that he throws a tanty.

If you are sweet with that, stop criticising other players as you do.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I agree. You see it a bit too often (all teams not just us) where players just shouldn't have played. I get it, these guys want to play, it's their life and the opportunity to push for new contracts and representative honours etc. But i think coaches use the players desires as an easy out for themselves..........."hey Jack, the Doc says you should probably sit the weekend out mate..........I'm sweet as Mary, it's just a bruise, no worries..........ok then, you know how your body better than anyone, but don't let me down."

Exactly mate

Old Timer

Coach
Nope, it belongs here because it relates to the Souths game OT.
Who made you the boss?

Widdop is not off bounds as much as you would love him to be.

It's good enough for Nighty, Lattimore, Nene, Dufty to be critiqued, it's good enough for Widdop as well.

In fact more, since he is the captain.

Why is it you would like to put him on the protected species?

Your reference to Vas on anyone who criticises widdop shows your brain cell count is critically low.

Widdop went MIA vs soufs.

Why is that?

I will critique widdop as much as any other player, quit the Vas shit you fool.

He has played well this year, however as soon as his halves partner has an issue, the evidence is there that he throws a tanty.

If you are sweet with that, stop criticising other players as you do.
The entire team minus 2 players went MIA against Souths.
Widdop has 1 average game and you are instantly into him unlike the people I criticise who have been constantly poor and very rarely offer anything.
By the way you were not commenting on the Souths game you were generalising and trying to drag 3 years worth of your angst up about Widdop so that's why it belongs in the other thread.
Nothing as snarly as a fox coaxed out of its lair.

ouryears

Bench
The entire team minus 2 players went MIA against Souths.
Widdop has 1 average game and you are instantly into him unlike the people I criticise who have been constantly poor and very rarely offer anything.
By the way you were not commenting on the Souths game you were generalising and trying to drag 3 years worth of your angst up about Widdop so that's why it belongs in the other thread.
Nothing as snarly as a fox coaxed out of its lair.
Well you are into players who have a bad one too.

The thing with widdop, like Mary, he has had some pretty lean times, and yes, I do expect him to man up when the team needs him as they did on sunday.

I want to see him have a great match with no hunt before I am convinced.

A leader, a captain, an international.

He needs to stand up at critical times.

All great people do.

Gomarchin

Juniors
We've had a lot go our way in the first 9 rounds (same squad, no real injuries, rub of green etc.), but the signs were there against the Storm (dropped ball, right side weakness). Let's see how much the coach really has learnt from the last couple of years. The good coaches know the season is a marathon not a 200 metre sprint.

We've had a lot go our way in the first 9 rounds (same squad, no real injuries, rub of green etc.), but the signs were there against the Storm (dropped ball, right side weakness). Let's see how much the coach really has learnt from the last couple of years. The good coaches know the season is a marathon not a 200 metre sprint.

You mentioned our coach and the word “learnt” in the same sentence, see your mistake there?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I too was disappointed with Widdop on the weekend. With Hunt playing injured, Widdop should have stepped up and taken on a more dominate role, but he failed to do so. Instead he played his worst game of the season. It had me thinking of 2016. I don't think he is a real leader and never have thought so either, just as I didn't think Creagh was real leader. Maybe James Graham is worth a lot more than what we see him do?

Are leaders born or made?

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I too was disappointed with Widdop on the weekend. With Hunt playing injured, Widdop should have stepped up and taken on a more dominate role, but he failed to do so. Instead he played his worst game of the season. It had me thinking of 2016. I don't think he is a real leader and never have thought so either, just as I didn't think Creagh was real leader. Maybe James Graham is worth a lot more than what we see him do?

Are leaders born or made?
Born then groomed. Agree on doubts about Widdop but they're not changing it anytime soon and leaders don't necessarily have to be captain, Graham leads the forwards on the field and Hunt will emerge as the leader of the backs on the field. Widdop can do the toss and the photo opportunities, he is handsome.

Crush

Coach
Mickey, are you saying Souths have a better team than us?

And that old man lnglis will walk over Euen?

Our halves are way better.

By the sounds of it you are saying Souths will win the comp.

If we play to our potential we will win by 20 +

Sound like you are head over heels for the Rabbits....
lol

nontime111

Juniors
a time machine, CERN possibly who knows.....Mandela affect only this time we win every game including the Storm game last week......instead of Nene being ruled to have been out from THAT try attempt he gets it and WE go on to put 52 points on them!

Bench
Smells like someone rehashing threads from months ago to try and prove a point...

That’s not obsessive behaviour at all... :flushed:
This is just like our coach rehashing the game plan. Or the lack of a game plan. His plan is that if it works once it will work every time.

ozbuck

Juniors
Just on Souths how good are they travelling , 9 straight wins ( think thats right ) no bubble burst or signs of .....

They're going great aren't they.

If it was us winning 9 straight at this time of year everyone would be saying "we're peaking too early!!!! Oh no!"

Funny how that is.