What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Yeah, I'll do more of that but is it really that effective?
Its the closest thing you'll get to getting a deep tissue which, stopping short of going to a sports scientist and seeing if you're weak or unbalanced in certain muscle areas/fibres, is the only thing thatll loosen that area up.

Can't fight genetics but can make it easier. I have horribly tight hip flexors that I just have to work at constantly.

Achilles tendon strain

Is there a way to strap this injury so I can plant my bowling foot ? I overextended slipping at training last week and could not bowl on the weekend

Rife

Juniors
Anyone here has experience or success in managing ITB tightness?

In my opinion, this is the most useful video on YouTube for those having ITB problems. Follow the instructions in it to a tee and you should be fine. Good luck.

Shorty

Staff member
Would a knee pain for months be of concern to me?
Where is your pain, when does it happen and is it sharp/dull?
Achilles tendon strain

Is there a way to strap this injury so I can plant my bowling foot ? I overextended slipping at training last week and could not bowl on the weekend
I'm awful at strapping, maybe some sort of 'heel lock'.
Do you see a physio? They could do it a few times and then you show your partner how to do it.

DeeJ

Bench
Hey guys. I've managed my ITB pain successfully (almost no pain in the knees now and very rarely in one hip/upper thigh region).

The thing I practiced diligently and make the biggest difference was stretching the glutes after every workout. I would stretch hips as well as it is a big contributor as well as other leg stretches, but targeting glutes paid off the most.

I also limited my road running to one session a week, as I read that sudden increases in intensity/distance/frequency can also contribute to ITB soreness (as it is inflammation).

Hope any of you that experience the same pain can benefit from this as well. Foam rolling I did now and then, but it didn't have the profound effect of glute stretching.

Life's Good

Coach
I have torn rib cartilage just under the right pectoral as a result of a crash in a go kart race.
Any suggestions on speeding up the recovery(pain is bearable when not doing any type of exercise/laughing/coughing etc.).

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah it was only the Ulnar that snapped however the Radius was dislocated.

So one surgery on the weekend to fit a plate and most likely another in a few months to remove the plate. Good times ahead!
Ouch, now I see the dislocation as well

jargan83

Coach
I have a partial thickness tear of the Supraspinatus in my right shoulder.

Doctor recommended an ultrasound guided steroid injection but I was wondering if there was any advice to speed up recovery?

shaggs

Coach
I have a partial thickness tear of the Supraspinatus in my right shoulder.

Doctor recommended an ultrasound guided steroid injection but I was wondering if there was any advice to speed up recovery?

It’s the way to go for speeding it up. Instead of taking th anti inflammatory meds orally and spreading them around your whole body they are objecting them directly.
Instant relief from the local bit that will wear off in 5-6 hours.
Approx 5 days for the steroid to do the trick.

This won’t fix the tear but may allow your body a chance to heal itself without extra inflammation.

jargan83

Coach
It’s the way to go for speeding it up. Instead of taking th anti inflammatory meds orally and spreading them around your whole body they are objecting them directly.
Instant relief from the local bit that will wear off in 5-6 hours.
Approx 5 days for the steroid to do the trick.

This won’t fix the tear but may allow your body a chance to heal itself without extra inflammation.

Cheers for the info, very much appreciated.

I’d assume weights at the gym are going to be out of the question until it heals?

shaggs

Coach
Cheers for the info, very much appreciated.

I’d assume weights at the gym are going to be out of the question until it heals?
I would be speaking to your Physio because certain movements might be beneficial.
I always tell people to keep off the weights form st least post injection.
Then start to do some exercise. Stopping movement is the worst thing for you. My patients who just sit around and decide they will “rest” the injury never recover as quickly.
Definitely get a Physio’s opinion.
You might be doing legs 5 days a week.

jargan83

Coach
I would be speaking to your Physio because certain movements might be beneficial.
I always tell people to keep off the weights form st least post injection.
Then start to do some exercise. Stopping movement is the worst thing for you. My patients who just sit around and decide they will “rest” the injury never recover as quickly.
Definitely get a Physio’s opinion.
You might be doing legs 5 days a week.

Will speak to a Physio, cheers again for the advice!

Legs 5 days a week! Lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
Will speak to a Physio, cheers again for the advice!

Legs 5 days a week! Lol.

I had/have a similar injury and I found I could still do some targeted workouts....eg bicep and tricep machines, seated row, and obviously leg and core work. With physio approval obviously. It's not the same but it's something

Every injury is different so as above check with your physio first, but there should be enough to keep you moving

jargan83

Coach
Had the jab today and the Socorro that did it reccomrnsed keeping my shoulder as immobile as possible for 24-48 hours.

Would that rule out an exercise bike at a minimum ?

Latest posts