What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential lost Rugby Union clubs in English Rugby League

Teddyboy

First Grade
If Toronto can be expanding base in English Rugby League then why can't RLF make an offer alongside some investors into Rugby Union clubs in the UK which used to be top flight in the Amateur days but have fallen by the wayside alongside clubs who have the ambition for professional or semi professional Rugby but who might get locked out if English Premiership becomes a closed shop.A UK Eric Perez could really expand these listed clubs below in SL, Championship and League 1.

Bedford Blues
Cornish Pirates
Coventry ( who have had Wasps taken the limelight lately)
Doncaster Knights merge with Doncaster RL playing out of 5000 ground Castle Park.
Jersey Reds
Nottingham
Darlington Mowden Park
Plymouth Albion
Hartlepool ( Rugby rich area with a past in top flight Rugby but no chance in future in Rugby Union.
Bridgend Ravens
Cross Keys
Ebbw Vale
Neath
Pontypridd
Pontypool
Hawick
Melrose
Striling
Gala

StadiumXIII

Juniors
I don't think there would many, if any. Rugby union is well established in those areas mentioned maybe the most that would have a chance if Doncaster or to test the waters with Cornish Pirates. If any Welsh club were to enter in the immediate future maybe Cardiff but those areas would offer even less than South Wales or Hemel. If I were an investor I'd choose a French or Serbian club ahead of those.