What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Up early on a Saturday Ram.
Guess it resembles the man you are.
Early bird gets the worm.
Enjoy your day.

Glenneel

Bench
As good as hipgrave may or may not be, we probably don’t need a rookie forward with less then 20 or so games unless he is on real back up money.

Looks like we will already have a few junior rookie forwards in our squad next year.
Do you know something we don't? Who are the forwards, at a guess I'd say Kafusi definately, Faingaa, perhaps Dressler and Toupou

Glenneel

Bench
Well, for starters, I paint the picture that most other clubs are better then us because we are stone motherless last a-f**kin-gen!!!

As for payment amounts? The reason I posted those very figures for Woods is because it was widely reported at least in the television media that that is exactly what the offer to Woods from the Sharks was and that is why it was reported that the negotiations from the Dogs side had stalled, because it made no economical sense to the Dogs to let Woods go at that price.

They needed genuine Salary relief, not just to be hijacked by the Sharks and their lowball offfer. Then at the last hour, Woods took it upon himself to forgo $200k off his conTract with the Dogs to get them to agree for the trade to happen. So therefore the Sharks have gotten a marquee player at a steal of a deal price.

But I reckon, my opinion only is that if we came in much earlier when the negotiating was at its start or peak and offered anywhere around that $550k mark we would have gotten him.

As for Taupau, they are the figures that are being bandied around at this stage, but I'm sure we will get a much clearer picture if anything were to actually transpire.
I'd still like us to make a massive play for Pangai, offer $900k as he is easily worth that. Based on last nites performance he destroyed the much vaunted Panthers pack and is still young. Even if doesn't come off Broncos will have to pay extras to keep him. Really think Junior will be our only quality signing and BA thinks this will fix our forwards. Also think the Taupau rumour has only been generated from the Parra fan sites.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'd still like us to make a massive play for Pangai, offer $900k as he is easily worth that. Based on last nites performance he destroyed the much vaunted Panthers pack and is still young. Even if doesn't come off Broncos will have to pay extras to keep him. Really think Junior will be our only quality signing and BA thinks this will fix our forwards. Also think the Taupau rumour has only been generated from the Parra fan sites.
Hope so. Players such as Taupau are mercenaries. Dont want em dont need em. Im of the opinion our roster isnt our main concern. From what I've read I don't believe I need to convince you of that point.

emjaycee

Coach
My source inside the club reckons the Taupau rumours were generated from his source inside the club who may or may not have his source in a fan site.