What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid season Dally M predictions

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah, it's just weird how everyone is so keen to tell us he's going to leave every opportunity they get to mention it. He's with us for another 3 years at least, then who knows where our team is at. It's like no-one can fathom us being competitive ever again. We once thought that about Souths and the Sharks, too.

We're on a good trajectory at the moment despite results since Pearce's injury. Kalyn will continue to be a big part of that for a long while yet. Enjoy the show.

It’s just the usual scenario where opposition fans are incredibly salty that another club has a talented player so they feel the need to try and make supporters of the club he’s at feel shit without having any f**king idea themselves what will happen. Most of them probably the same people that were calling him an idiot for going to the Knights to begin with to “ruin his career” rather than stay in NQ where he’d be successful LOL.

But yeah, at the end of the day he’s signed to the Knights for a long time anyway so either way we’re going to have him longer than the majority of the other clubs in the comp and after that who knows. NQ, the Sharks and Parra all highlight how quickly clubs can become contenders and then fall again unexpectedly.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It’s just the usual scenario where opposition fans are incredibly salty that another club has a talented player so they feel the need to try and make supporters of the club he’s at feel shit without having any f**king idea themselves what will happen. Most of them probably the same people that were calling him an idiot for going to the Knights to begin with to “ruin his career” rather than stay in NQ where he’d be successful LOL.

But yeah, at the end of the day he’s signed to the Knights for a long time anyway so either way we’re going to have him longer than the majority of the other clubs in the comp and after that who knows. NQ, the Sharks and Parra all highlight how quickly clubs can become contenders and then fall again unexpectedly.

Lol what? You think people WANT him to leave the knights? Who the f*#k wants to see the best young player in the past decade go to the Broncos/Roosters?

Mate look at every Knights game day thread they play, people want the knights to do well. They deserve it.

Haffa

I suppose the suggestions for Ponga leaving comes from him most likely demanding a bigger contract, topped by third party deals. Deals that I'm sure you yourself have said in the past that Newcastle have absolutely no chance of competing with.
That’s a different club you’re talking about tbh. The club will never have a whole team on third parties like the Brisbane’s and Roosters etc but with Wests in charge they be using NIB etc to call connections for players like Ponga. He will be an advocate for McGuigans wines and sponsored by a mine site or two.

BranVan3000

Coach
Want to shout out Adam Doueihi for rookie of the year. He has played in the halves, fullback, center and even in the forwards a bit this year and done well in all. And will likely spend time at hooker this week. Very versatile

Only issue is lack of game time as a rookie

perverse

Referee
I suppose the suggestions for Ponga leaving comes from him most likely demanding a bigger contract, topped by third party deals. Deals that I'm sure you yourself have said in the past that Newcastle have absolutely no chance of competing with.
I get that perception, but it clearly comes from those unfamiliar with our new owners. They are sharp football operators with deep pockets. They're not stupid, they will know his value already, and will have an extremely competitive offer ready for Kalyn... other clubs will be lucky to even see him hit the market. As much as many players do say it, Kalyn is a country kid who is very happy in Newcastle with his family.

The only reason I can see him leaving the Knights is if he doesn't think he will win a premiership here, and there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before that's evaluated. I don't believe we'll lose him for financial reasons, nor do I think he'll particularly want to move to a big city unless he feels he has to to bring home some silverware. Maybe that is the case, but it's waaaaaay too soon to know either way.

Dave_

Juniors
Lol @ all the sooky pricks in here.

"Waaaaaaaahh, Ponga doesn't play for my already star studded team"

EAD, a win for the good guys for a change. He's here for 4 years at least so get used to it. Newy would be in the 8 if Pearce and everyone else didn't get hurt.

BennyV

Referee
I get that perception, but it clearly comes from those unfamiliar with our new owners. They are sharp football operators with deep pockets. They're not stupid, they will know his value already, and will have an extremely competitive offer ready for Kalyn... other clubs will be lucky to even see him hit the market. As much as many players do say it, Kalyn is a country kid who is very happy in Newcastle with his family.

The only reason I can see him leaving the Knights is if he doesn't think he will win a premiership here, and there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before that's evaluated. I don't believe we'll lose him for financial reasons, nor do I think he'll particularly want to move to a big city unless he feels he has to to bring home some silverware. Maybe that is the case, but it's waaaaaay too soon to know either way.
I actually think that if Ponga has half a brain, he will stay with the Knights as long as they offer him fair offers (i.e. Comparable with other clubs) which I reckon they very much will. I'm struggling to think of a time when leaving Club A to win a premiership at Club B has been successful and a club like the Knights has every chance of making their way to the top and staying there over the course of Ponga's career.

But if he leaves, his marketability goes through the floor. Imagine if JT left Cowboys in 2011 to go to the Broncos or Roosters? Leaving a small-town (by comparison) club that he's effectively built his career on nearly carrying in order to chase cash and a premiership. He'd go down in everyone's mind as a mercenary - yes, a f**king talented mercenary but a mercenary all the same. Ponga is in the same boat now whether he wanted to be there or not.

Victor Radley is a rookie. He is the Dally M Rookie of 2018.

He won't win it as he's now ineligible for it due to his second suspension this season.

As other people have asked about it, apparrently, this is the criteria to be eligible to win rookie of the year -

Under NRL eligibility rules, rookies cannot have played four games or more in the previous season, nor incurred two separate suspensions in the one season.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...nd-two-with-taupau-looms-20180721-p4zssn.html

aqua_duck

Coach
Will be between Isaako and Jesse Ramien I think. I think they'll probably give it to Isaako as he's received way more publicity and kicks goals as well

T-Boon

Coach
I want to know who people think would get the defensive player of the year?
I think they should award one. It is half the game. I want to make some suggestions but I cannot think of any and don't make it some f**king second rower.

Latest posts