What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Updates

getsmarty

Immortal
Why not any updates on players currently out like Lomax & Host ?

Not Sure Denis. Maybe they are still a little way off returning. The Lomax injury is a tricky one and they need to err on the side of caution. Maybe Dragonssamy has some updated info on Host.

denis preston

First Grade
Not Sure Denis. Maybe they are still a little way off returning. The Lomax injury is a tricky one and they need to err on the side of caution. Maybe Dragonssamy has some updated info on Host.
Thanks.These 2 players sure could help the balance of the side come semi time , particularly if Lomax can get some NRL games in before.

Gareth67

First Grade
I do not like the sounds of that , surely we can give the man a week’s rest , although if it is indeed the shoulder it could be quite longer .

Should we beat the Rorters next weekend , I would then be taking the opportunity to do just that more so against some of the weaker teams . We all know that Grahams inspiration will be needed in the semifinals .

FlameThrower

Bench
I do not like the sounds of that , surely we can give the man a week’s rest , although if it is indeed the shoulder it could be quite longer .

Should we beat the Rorters next weekend , I would then be taking the opportunity to do just that more so against some of the weaker teams . We all know that Grahams inspiration will be needed in the semifinals .
Exactly and really he should have been tested after Denver Test. He needs to be managed better otherwise he won’t see his contract out.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Exactly and really he should have been tested after Denver Test. He needs to be managed better otherwise he won’t see his contract out.

Bang on, FT.
Mary seems to thrive on the ‘chew em up and spit em out’ theory.

I suffer from sicactic nerve issues / pain and can say, nerve problems raise there heads when something is not right.

To ignore it is doing the player no good.

I’m starting to get really peeved with McGregor allowing a selection of genuine injured players to keep playing rather than replace and rest them.

The more we blood the upcoming players, the better they will be, not to mention the rested players.

Mary is an idiot.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Gareth
What you say is sensible .
But with the roosters away and warriors at home next to week after that mybe.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
What you say is sensible .
But with the roosters away and warriors at home next to week after that mybe.

I , as all Dragon fans know that he will keep playing on as he possesses a tremendous heart .
Besides , I noticed in yesterday’s team celebrations that it did not prevent him from twirling his arm , so perhaps it’s not too bad .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Still reckon Graham is playing busted.
He's been taking a long time to get back up during games, clutching his shoulder region.

It's in his face-it's a blank- for the most passionate guy in that team, he could barely raise a wimper, either on the field or in the dressing room. Normally he would be screaming the joint down and mad as hell with a 40-4 shellacking - but he had nothing.

Two possibilities- one of the two or both could apply:-
1. His injury is causing him pain- he's sleep deprived, depressed and low on energy.
2. He's finally realised what we all know- Mary is a dud coach- leaving him depressed and low on energy.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
SMAI High Performance Update: Round 21
Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth gives us an update on injured players leading into Round 21.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/03/smai-high-performance-update-round-21/

By popular demand, the SGI High Performance Unit is going to be renamed and a poll is being taken for alternate titles.

To date, the following alternatives have been nominated but the poll is still open for further suggestions:-

Leading the contenders to date by some margin is the ""No Performance Unit"".

However, some are keen on the "Justification for no change in key personnel Unit" given the trade union emphasis on SGI old boys from the club keeping their positions whatever the end of season reviews unearth.

Any further nominations?

It's in his face-it's a blank- for the most passionate guy in that team, he could barely raise a wimper, either on the field or in the dressing room. Normally he would be screaming the joint down and mad as hell with a 40-4 shellacking - but he had nothing.

Two possibilities- one of the two or both could apply:-
1. His injury is causing him pain- he's sleep deprived, depressed and low on energy.
2. He's finally realised what we all know- Mary is a dud coach- leaving him depressed and low on energy.
Considering Graham owes us nothing and is a new addition to the squad, he seems head and shoulders, the most committed and passionate of the group.
By definition, that is a major concern.
No doubt in my mind that the jig is up for McGregor.
The players are fed up, disinterested and disheartened.

Latest posts