What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just about anyone on here these days are labeled a death rider no matter how vaild their points
only by Arthur groupies like Banal and Arseful who can't handle anyone disagreeing with them

they think they're better than everyone else when really they suffer from low self esteem and need to try hard to convince randoms on the internet that they're knowledgeable to boost they're offline ego

it's sad really

hindy111

Post Whore
The issue is some have a type of team theyd like and other believe that isnt what's needed.
The contradiction lays there.

See I feel our squad needs a damaging line breaking 2nd rower most. Others say its the halves. My theory is by having the damging 2nd rower it opens the defense by concentrating on him leaving room for the centre and half to run and put them in two minds.

So people who defend the coach also defend the squad as being fine as the coach built it whilst others like myself question his signings as much as his coaching ability due to reading game a little differently.
BA prefers defense over attack.

In saying this our best 2 attacking edge forwards perhaps would of been T rex and KE. Both unavailable. Those two fit running wide open up lots of things. Manu and Tepai are tougher but not as dangerous runners of the ball.
To give BA credit he more then likely signed T rex and gave KE so many chances cause he is aware of this. You can't just sign a Kikau. It isn't that easy.

But our halves are frustrated. They need edge forwards who are dangerous. Than they can relax and play smart. When they know there attacking weapons are limited they are forced to make stupid decisions.

hindy111

Post Whore
And as far as Kaysa goes if the middle forward give him space his running game will explode. I agree a bench hooker but his energy is contagious. A scapegoat by many. We have won 3 of last 4 games Kaysa has played in and lost one by 2 points.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
But just because he touches it x times more doesn't mean he should be getting x times more positive stats. He could be receiving the ball closer to the ruck whereas Moses could be receing it wider which means he's more likely to get line breaks or lbas. But that's why we watch the games rather than just looking at stat sheets and box scores.

I think I read somewhere on twitter that Norman is in the top 8 halves for positive contributions for how many touches they make whereas Moses was 17th.

link to tweet for top 10

link to tweet for Moses

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Flip flogging again Hindy? Arguing both sides:

So people who defend the coach also defend the squad as being fine as the coach built it whilst others like myself question his signings as much as his coaching ability due to reading game a little differently.

But but but you then acknowledge our 2 best attacking edge players have been out and BA knows we needed an attacking edge:

In saying this our best 2 attacking edge forwards perhaps would of been T rex and KE. Both unavailable. Those two fit running wide open up lots of things. Manu and Tepai are tougher but not as dangerous runners of the ball.
To give BA credit he more then likely signed T rex and gave KE so many chances cause he is aware of this. You can't just sign a Kikau. It isn't that easy

So what is it? BA knows what is needed? Or does not know?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
What we need is a therapist and maybe cut some dumb footballers.

Ferguson is a good signing. I would like a forward leader or two. Someone that can bend the line but also can pass the ball and offload.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
only by Arthur groupies like Banal and Arseful who can't handle anyone disagreeing with them

they think they're better than everyone else when really they suffer from low self esteem and need to try hard to convince randoms on the internet that they're knowledgeable to boost they're offline ego

it's sad really
Like what you are doing now?

hindy111

Post Whore
Flip flogging again Hindy? Arguing both sides:

But but but you then acknowledge our 2 best attacking edge players have been out and BA knows we needed an attacking edge:

So what is it? BA knows what is needed? Or does not know?

Unsure if he knows himself. That is my issue.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
I thought the Hook interview on 360 reflected well on Anthony's character. In regard to his bronco experience and building the Panthers over the last few years I reckon he could do a job here if BA calls it a day.

Gronk

Staff member
I thought the Hook interview on 360 reflected well on Anthony's character. In regard to his bronco experience and building the Panthers over the last few years I reckon he could do a job here if BA calls it a day.

I liked his comments about giving the kids a go and not keeping them on the shelf.

That’s a wonderful philosophy however not sure how he achieves this with the Top 30 system which has tormented BA.

Gronk

Staff member
you make him sound like a pedo

giphy.gif

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Griffins has basically coached at 2 clubs which during his time had the best junior pathways so of course he is going to have the ability to promote junior players!!

Really what eel juniors have BA not blooded but have gone onto greater things elsewhere? Twal and Aloiai are the only 2 playing regularly NRL while they are going ok they aren’t any better then what we already have.