What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest example of why Mary cannot coach

possm

Coach
Do you think Friz would make a top class prop in our pack?

I know he would make a top class lock. I have previously said that he could be the second best lock in the game (behind Taumalolo) if he was playing there, but with DeBelin, I am very happy with him at lock too and want both of them in our team.

Both should be playing in the middle third. K Sims is coming and Frizell will complete the rotation. I think we should open with Vaughan and Frizell with Graham and Sims as our bench props.

Now that this is settled, lets solve the backline problems.

possm

Coach
Safe to say that Mary has never proven to be able to rectify flaws in people”s games.

Duges spent 4 years with us without ever learning to execute a simple sweep play FFS.

Unfortunately, if Friz can’t learn to run good lines himself, he’s not going to learn it at the Dragons.

Frizell loves to run back into the middle third and is very damaging in his work however, we need our right edge forward to be agile in defence and hitting the smaller defenders out wide in attack.

BLM01

First Grade
The biggest 3 examples I see
1. the coach, his staff and players get to review each game in detail and as he said in his presser are all honest with each other but still cant see how or where we have dropped off since the early rounds. Changes in general play and yes maybe personnel are needed and we are really leaking easy tries.
2. Their 16 point buffer for maximum points conceded as standards set has now long been shot to pieces except for 3 games since round 9. Why the hell tell the players you have set a standard at 16, that means you got to score 17 and we are no guarantee at that, why not keep it to yourself and coach towards 0 points conceded.
3. When we win, Mary sees us as good enough and can beat anyone, everything is OK with the squad he has finally got and wished for, for us every win is great too.
But the drums are beating with the defensive and attacking team form slump eminating in every win since the Melb Round 9 game. We have won since then on the back of more individual brilliance than team performance.Case in point Canberra, Dogs, Parra, Manly & Cowboys are our 5 wins since Round 9. 5 out of 10 wins. Now how are we really travelling.?

I honestly think every player is trying his guts out?..every game. But trying to solve it on their own.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Safe to say that Mary has never proven to be able to rectify flaws in people”s games.

Duges spent 4 years with us without ever learning to execute a simple sweep play FFS.

Unfortunately, if Friz can’t learn to run good lines himself, he’s not going to learn it at the Dragons.
Yeah, but the point of the thread is to point out a massive flaw in the coach/coaching staff, and hint that if we were to upgrade these, wed get a better outcome by seeing affix (and others) reach maximum potential.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Your man Aitken is making you look more and more a fool every week … The most selfish non team player i have seen in years of following the dragons.
Gitano must have thought he was looking like a genius and a prophet after about 9 weeks of the comp or so. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think the biggest example of why Mary cannot coach is his continued selection of Aitken, Nightingale and Lafai. I would also add his continued selection of Mcrone and his continued selection of Lafai in 2016. Mary's inability to be able to select the right side is a monumental flaw.

Nightingale should never have even been considered for first grade this year. He should have been tapped on the shoulder last year and told that he wouldn't be playing first grade this year.

Aitken was a forward in his juniors who has failed to develop his game at centre. He handicaps our attack, as he doesn't have the ability to set up his winger. He also only scores from close range.

Lafai is too slow. We can do a lot better than Lafai.

I will also add playing Mann in the forwards of the bench ahead of players such as Lucky or Host is another example of why Mary cannot coach. I sure I could remember many others if I took the time to think about them.

Bench
It is very hard to get dropped from our first grade team. So therefore it is nearly impossible to get a run in first grade from the ISP.
Other teams promote their ISP players to first grade. So why don’t we. Simple other teams have coaches, we obviously don’t

ouryears

Bench
It is very hard to get dropped from our first grade team. So therefore it is nearly impossible to get a run in first grade from the ISP.
Other teams promote their ISP players to first grade. So why don’t we. Simple other teams have coaches, we obviously don’t
Mary was shocked yesterday when he was told we have an ISP team
I heard him say....”really, no...no way”

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
His biggest problem is that he cannot adapt to change and will not learn from past errors.
Mrs muzby asked me yesterday why the same thing happens every year - we start strong and then fall away..

My explanation back to her is that we come out with a particular type of game plan which the other teams can’t match.. but once they figure out how to beat us (eg this year just beat up our forwards , give away momentum killing penalties) we don’t pull out plan b.

Because there is no plan b