What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hang in There

Bench
As an old footer I have experienced the highs and the lows with our team.
We all might be a bit shell shocked with the team over the last month.
I think our supporters are passionate and get frustrated with the coach and the team.
I looked at the draw for the rest of the season before the Easts game and thought we should win 5 of the 6 left.
It's the day after so it's time to get ready for Auckland.
We are still in the race so be positive and get behind the mighty Saints

ouryears

Bench
As an old footer I have experienced the highs and the lows with our team.
We all might be a bit shell shocked with the team over the last month.
I think our supporters are passionate and get frustrated with the coach and the team.
I looked at the draw for the rest of the season before the Easts game and thought we should win 5 of the 6 left.
It's the day after so it's time to get ready for Auckland.
We are still in the race so be positive and get behind the mighty Saints
Just because we are a part of the race does not mean we are in it.
The fat lady has sung
You just refuse to hear her
Souls, Panthers, Rorters......all toyed with us
Better to accept it than fight it
Bring on 2022

ouryears

Bench
When we lose we cop it .
Even when we win we still cop it.
We Cant win , no team is perfect.
No they are not
But let’s at least turn up and show some passion and effort
And have a game plan
Or is that too hard when you get paid half a million a year?!

ouryears

Bench
Jesus i'd hate to see how this place acted if we had a season like the cowboys or eels and weren't top 4
We expect more than those clubs, than god.
Eels are a shambles, other than their mini golden era of sterling and Kenny they are a rabble.
Cowboys are the same, a mini golden era swamped by mediocrity.
Illawarra has brought the same losing culture to the Saints

Pro Dragons

Juniors
In previous weeks the red flags were showing that we heading for a touch up. In the past few years when we have come to this point we have never been able to turn it around. I was hoping Ben Hunt and James Graham would make the difference and they would be able to stop the rot setting in at the back end of the season but it seems it is beyond them. How to fix it? bugger if I know.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just because we are a part of the race does not mean we are in it.
The fat lady has sung
You just refuse to hear her
Souls, Panthers, Rorters......all toyed with us
Better to accept it than fight it
Bring on 2022
2022..... whats going to be different then ??????

giboz71

First Grade
Still 5 weeks to go. Plenty of twists and turns to come.

I keep thinking back to 2016 where the Sharks limped into the semis losing 3 from 4 (including losing to our pathetic team that year).

Their season got kick started with an unlikely win against a red hot Canberra first week which they rode all the way to the title.

Anything can still happen.

In previous weeks the red flags were showing that we heading for a touch up. In the past few years when we have come to this point we have never been able to turn it around. I was hoping Ben Hunt and James Graham would make the difference and they would be able to stop the rot setting in at the back end of the season but it seems it is beyond them. How to fix it? bugger if I know.
If we leave things as they are, we will not turn it around.
Only chance is some out of the box thinking and taking some risks.

giboz71

First Grade
If we leave things as they are, we will not turn it around.
Only chance is some out of the box thinking and taking some risks.

I think it’s been well documented that Mary can’t adjust the same way other coaches can.

He clearly knows what to do in the offseason to prepare the team given the fast starts we always seem to have.

The good teams adjust and retool effectively as the season progresses.

Mary can’t seem to do the same and it seems to be happening again.

The clueless attack and the standing around looking like dopes inside the 20 is a massive concern.

Gareth67

First Grade
exactly DENNIS we need a backline with no tortoises unless mary grows some balls and throws LOMAX and HERBERT INTO THE FRAY SAY GOODBYE TO ANY SEMIFINAL HEROICS

Why not ? Have those players take the positions of Aitkin , Lafai and ( I am not sorry to say this ) but Nightingale at training , all bluudy week , everyday until they are use to the roles and the squad itself . As you have suggested Overseas dragon - Lomax , Herbert and you can add Mann also . There is now plenty of speed and I believe that they also know how to score tries .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Me reading Herbert & Lomax being the answer to everything:

nLnGUZ6IDEusZ8DIOAGxHn6tG07xkvTD48On34UjGaD3zJjpzgY2tRRlGirKJWVuhWHEi2W9_vVXq5EVJdNYrUcyzNPuRf59gY-_pM8oA09aKKBjiJJGRo4u3rg=w304-h226-nc

Dragons supporters. I have said it before and will not change my view. SOO is too disruptive to our great competition. Is is certainly destructive to my beloved Dragons. We have not looked the same side since SOO. Where is the intensity, the discipline. We simply did not turn up against a hungrier Roosters.

I agree with most of you. Mary has to make changes before the slide becomes an avalanche. Aitken needs a spell in the lower grade till he regains some form. Mann has to go as does Nightingale. Sorry gypsy you have played one season too many. We need some size in the engine room too. Latimore is a log. Do we have a prop with some ball skills? Lawrie looks a good prospect. I would also persevere with Lucie Leilua.

FlameThrower

Bench
Latrell barging over and knocking over Mighty and Atkin like ten pins shows we have big issues on our edges. Everyone can see it except the coaching group. We are way down on confidence and we’ve lost that swagger from early on in the season.