What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Cecchin

GongPanther

Referee
The self fulfilling prophecy of abusing refs for bad calls, forcing refs out of (or never into the game), producing more bad calls and then more abuse. All leading to a worse product.

The toxic attitude of fans and the media is insufferable.

How many missed tackles, knock ons and pentalties can a team have before it is no longer “refs fault” that they lost?
Take betting out of the game,and that ridiculous bunker,and things will improve out of site.

And if he is retiring,I think it best that it is immediate. Every ruling he makes from now will be amplified and scrutinized like crazy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Even reddit are clamping down on ref bashing

Why people would give death threats to a ref is beyond me.
I like the first comment on the reddit post:

“Gettem onside”, “doin it all day sir” and “send him off” are culturally protected terms and as such sit outside of these guidelines.

Timmah

Staff member
Take betting out of the game,and that ridiculous bunker,and things will improve out of site.

And if he is retiring,I think it best that it is immediate. Every ruling he makes from now will be amplified and scrutinized like crazy.
Way to miss the point lol

Timmah

Staff member
Ricky was busy with his textas

textas.jpg

leaguelover610

Juniors
Media need to not worry about referees, it only fires up the uneducated.

NRL refs have about a 98% accuracy when it comes to decisions across a season. How does this compare to teams completion rates at the end of the year? An incomplete set is an error.

Hopefully Checchin's decision will have a positive result but I think people will forget about it quickly because it's engrained in the culture to blame a referee

OzDragon

Coach
You’ve got to be a massive basement dwelling piece of utter shit to threaten a ref and his family.

bileduct

Coach
After watching an interview with him just now it seems he's more unhappy with the ways referees are being managed than any fan abuse.

Exsilium

First Grade
After watching an interview with him just now it seems he's more unhappy with the ways referees are being managed than any fan abuse.

Fan abuse is the NRL’s way of softening the exit.

Referees get little to no respect on the field. Until that changes, I can’t see it improving.

I’m okay with human error. I’m not okay with players crowding referees, badgering in their ears or talking back.

Oh and stop calling players by their names during general play.

I prefer it when referees call out the number. Address the player and get on with it.

Reactions: Vee

Pedge1971

First Grade

This. It isnt the individual ref, it is the policy and control imposed on them by the buffoons in charge at nrl hq.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Narrrr narrrr hey hey hey hey goodbye!!

I must say though the death threats well and truly crosses the line...

Latest posts