What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
10-12 will be split, Parker Takes him the distance, and deserves a draw, but AJ will get it to sell AJ vs Wilder.

shiznit

Coach
Disappointed for JP... i still thought AJ won...

But I didn’t think the gap was that big.

The biggest issue I had was the ref... WTF WAS HE DOING???

Because of AJ’s size JP had to work his way on the inside... but every time they started going on the inside the ref seperated them.

It practically meant JP was forced to fight at AJ’s distance.

It i think somewhere in the middle rounds JP had him a little wobbly against the ropes but the ref freaking stopped it??? WTF??

I’m interested in seeing what JP does next... He lost his belt and his undefeated record.

But I think he may have gained a bit of respect from people.

if Wilder doesn’t want to fight AJ... I wonder if he would be tempted to fight JP in the US.

Because Wilder will be thinking if he could knock out JP it would well and truly make AJ look bad and give him leverage.

jack coburn

Juniors
Seems to me if someones not knocked out in a fight these days there’s always someone calling robbery. Funny how we all see fights differently. Myself I thought AJ had control of the fight and was a points win

shiznit

Coach
100%... he’s plateaued..

And he probably plateaued about 3-4 fights ago...

I’m not gonna blame his trainer... this is ultimately Parker’s fault... but I think he’s gotten to a stage where he needs to hear a new voice.

He’s still really young...only 26. But I just don’t see enough from him to say he’s going to beat the top guys. Unless he makes a big change to the way he fights... he’s going to end up a gatekeeper.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Tim tszyu literally just won a fight via KO... throwing a semi air swing, that barely touched the blokes gloves....

ram raid

Bench
Did anyone see Paul Kent's article in the Telegraph today called The different paths of Anthony Mundine and his hero Muhammad Ali ? It's a great article. Kent is a great journalist. People don't like him because he works for News Corp , but he's a great journo. His bio about Johnny Lewis is great. He knows his boxing and NRL and doesn't write just for the sake of writing.

Did anyone see Paul Kent's article in the Telegraph today called The different paths of Anthony Mundine and his hero Muhammad Ali ? It's a great article. Kent is a great journalist. People don't like him because he works for News Corp , but he's a great journo. His bio about Johnny Lewis is great. He knows his boxing and NRL and doesn't write just for the sake of writing.
He's a f**king merkin of a human who lies constantly

no name

Coach
The Mundine-Horn undercard has had Eddie Everywhere, Paul merkin and ‘Gerald’ Whateley as commentators so far.
No wonder the fighters had to fake a blue at the weigh in.
Is there a more unlikeable trio? (Besides Sloth of course)