What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who were you surprised never made it?

You mean the 2 series.....probably why Lewis was test 5/8th over Kenny..

Kenny more the prima donna getting service outside Sterling.

Lewis was the whole package who did it himself.
Kenny disposed of Lewis as 5/8th for Australia in 1982.
Lewis was the incumbent but Kenny was preferred for the Ashes tour against Great Britain with Lewis demoted to the bench.
Both were great players but to put Kenny in such a lame light is just plain wrong.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
For the Roosters, Damien Mostyn, Adam Haydon and Mose Masoe.
Masoe could have had a moimoi like career in the nrl, still caused havoc in the ESL but isn't quite the same, shame he got injured straight after he got off the plane to the dragons to have another decent dig

Life's Good

Coach
Kenny disposed of Lewis as 5/8th for Australia in 1982.
Lewis was the incumbent but Kenny was preferred for the Ashes tour against Great Britain with Lewis demoted to the bench.
Both were great players but to put Kenny in such a lame light is just plain wrong.
I liked this part. Then unliked it so I could like it again. Kenny was a champion.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Masoe could have had a moimoi like career in the nrl, still caused havoc in the ESL but isn't quite the same, shame he got injured straight after he got off the plane to the dragons to have another decent dig

Mose had some success at NRL level but had the potential to be one of the best frontrowers in the game. He was just too lazy a trainer.

First Grade
Kid called Kayln Ponga, He burst onto the scene in 2018 ended up playing one game of origin was close to leading the dally M player of the year, he then pulled a hamstring, since his return the Knights haven't won a game and he has been just above average :(

Perth Red

Post Whore
Alfie langer, at international test level. From my distant memory he always lost the first game against GB and was dropped fr Stuart for games 2&3 which they won.

carcharias

Immortal
Kid called Kayln Ponga, He burst onto the scene in 2018 ended up playing one game of origin was close to leading the dally M player of the year, he then pulled a hamstring, since his return the Knights haven't won a game and he has been just above average :(

I’m with you
If he gets Dally M fullback I’ll spew.
Rigged
Even rookie is debatable.
Is he a rookie?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember a game up at Carrara against the Gold Coast in 1997 where Damien Mostyn ousted Ivan Cleary from fullback to the wing for the Roosters, that only lasted for that one game.

Mostyn getting done selling drugs to undercover cops directly outside Hurstville Polics Station tells you everything you needed to know about his intelligence

Tiger5150

Bench
Alfie langer, at international test level. From my distant memory he always lost the first game against GB and was dropped fr Stuart for games 2&3 which they won.

For mine Sticky was a better half than Langer. In my time the only better passing & kicking game Ive seen was Johns.

Which reminds me a of a Balmain player I was surprised didnt make it. Brian Smith. Union halfback that Alan Jones sacked Gary Freeman for. Smithy genuinely had a passing game and kicking game to rival Johns & Stuart, but I dont think he was big on contact.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
From the Wests Tigers players that scored on debut and faded into obscurity - Jackson Kaufusi, Ahmad Bajouri, Hassan Saleh, Willie Mataka & Rocky Trimarchi.

King hit

Coach

You know Stuart won 4/5 Origin series against Langer outpointing him in several games as well. Something that Queenslanders will never admit to.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Mostyn getting done selling drugs to undercover cops directly outside Hurstville Polics Station tells you everything you needed to know about his intelligence

Yep, that’s what playing for Souths will do to you. Honestly I can remember the raps on the kid when he was young and he was on the bench for Easts against Illawarra in 1997 and he made the starting 13 against the Gold Coast the following week, I had forgotten he was injured in that game but I lost track of him after that, I do remember the drug incident happened when he was South Sydney quite a few years later.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep, that’s what playing for Souths will do to you. Honestly I can remember the raps on the kid when he was young and he was on the bench for Easts against Illawarra in 1997 and he made the starting 13 against the Gold Coast the following week, I had forgotten he was injured in that game but I lost track of him after that, I do remember the drug incident happened when he was South Sydney quite a few years later.

Yeah he was playing first grade whilst still in high school. Just another example that it doesn’t mater how much talent you have if you’re an idiot

Latest posts