What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Parra

Referee
That move by Vettel and the battle between Kimi & Max were memorable. Last 10 laps or so were spectacular. Great season.

Gee some real poor sports at Mercedes all but coming out and accusing Raikkonen of deliberately running Hamilton off the track on the opening lap. FMD how pathetic.

T-Boon

Coach
Gee some real poor sports at Mercedes all but coming out and accusing Raikkonen of deliberately running Hamilton off the track on the opening lap. FMD how pathetic.

I haven't seen it yet but apparently Kimi's wife gave Hamilton what fir about his whinging.

Life's Good

Coach
I think Vettel will come to regret that mistake in Hockenheim. He’s got a history of dropping it(Baku 17, Singapore 17). It’s keeping the title battle alive though.

Parra

Referee
Well it's not Fiji 7's.

Strange move for a bloke who claims a title is his priority. When was the last time Renault was on the podium, let alone competitive?

Danny Ric knows more than we do.

Life's Good

Coach
He won’t win a title at Red Bull while Max is there. Simple.
With RB changing to Honda he has a ready made excuse to talk up ‘fresh challenge, works team etc.’ because I think Honda’s struggles will continue until the new regs come into play.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Adrian Newey follow him at some stage.

Parra

Referee
He won’t win a title at Red Bull while Max is there. Simple.
With RB changing to Honda he has a ready made excuse to talk up ‘fresh challenge, works team etc.’ because I think Honda’s struggles will continue until the new regs come into play.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Adrian Newey follow him at some stage.

It is a ballsy move. It is what he is known for. Best shot is with a factory team. I'm keen on RB-Honda as well. I think it was the right move for RB.

Life's Good

Coach
I’m hoping this is like then Lewis moved to Merc, and the team exploded into the dominating team they are currently
Renault have history of getting it right. After a spell in the mid 80’s they came back in 89 with Williams & within a couple of years combined with them for a brace of titles(Williams & Benetton).They left at the end of 97 & returned with Benetton culminating in back to back titles with Alonso.
I expect they’ll do it again. Hopefully with DR at the helm.

Dodgy

Juniors
As Parra said, I think Ricciardo knows more than we do, and I'm expecting this to show up as an astute move long term .

The only thing hell have to account for is that I think for whatever weaknesses he may have, I think Hulkenberg would lift in a championship contendening car.

Life's Good

Coach
As Parra said, I think Ricciardo knows more than we do, and I'm expecting this to show up as an astute move long term .

The only thing hell have to account for is that I think for whatever weaknesses he may have, I think Hulkenberg would lift in a championship contendening car.
That’s an interesting point regarding Hulkenberg & has me thinking about the parallels with Fisichella when he partnered Alonso in 95/96.
Admittedly, Alonso was the incumbent with Fisichella(a returning Benetton Renault old boy)replacing Jarno Trulli. Fisichella was always regarded highly but up against Alonso was a non event. Whilst Hulk is good is his own right DR has the runs on the board & I’m confident will lift the team & put Hulk in the shade(not in a bad way, I just think DR can be the ‘Alonso’ for Renault this time).

Dodgy

Juniors
Hulkenberg is a weird one. You usually are set when you have a opinion on how a driver goes. It wouldn't surprise me if he wins a championship down the track, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes the rest of career (Another 100-150 races?) without a win. That's just how the motorsport industry is?

He was instantly the best and lead driver for Porsche at Le Mans. So I think in a position where he has a sniff he could be dangerous.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
I’ll sure miss the combative nature of Alonso. It’s hard to believe he hasn’t won a race since early 2013 & not stood on the podium since 2014.
Put aside all the talk about him being a difficult character, he sure could drive. His quality was enough to have Schumacher look over his shoulder and say ‘yes, it’s time’.
2 x World titles definitely doesn’t do justice to a very talented driver, one of the true greats IMHO.

Dodgy

Juniors
I reckon the "difficult character" is BS. If he is, it's neither more or less than anyone else could or would be.

The only time there was clear tension within a team with him was when he was teammates at McLaren with Hamilton. Even then, he ended up signing for McLaren again while Ron Dennis was running the joint ( a contributor to the said tension within the team that year).

the two championships is a fine reflection of his ability imo. It's bs though that Hamilton and Vettel have accumulated twice the amount of stats he has.

Storm13

Juniors
Be an interesting race if mid field cars didn't pull over to the side to let top three teams through without a fight.

Very lucky no one was injured when Hulkenburg ran into the back of Alonso's car last night -

da7d41060752d555e713b14698121e0a54a0d5df

Looks like the Halo may have saved Charles Leclerc from serious injury.

Hulkenberg admitted he made a mistake, so the stewards have penalised him 3 points and he also has a 10 grid penalty for the next race as punishment..

Latest posts