What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Titans GAME DAY thread 4/8/18

T-Boon

Coach
:thinking:

You may be stuck in the 80’s I think, when there were inside and outside centres and they passed to each other!! In 2018 wingers get plenty of touches normally more then centres!!

No, it is the same deal these days except the inside centre is an edge forward. It is still the case that the winger is barely involved close to the line. Which is exactly where we have stunk all year and where Hayne is easily, easily by the length of the field, our biggest threat.
But even at centre that young back rower gets the ball before him 4 times out of 5.
If we shift him back out I am going to tare my hair out and give in.

T-Boon

Coach
Today, our first 5 campaigns in the red zone Hayne got no touches and we never looked like scoring (Mannah barge aside). Then his first touch he scored and his second touch he put the winger in. Lets just try to get it. It isn't rocket science.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, it is the same deal these days except the inside centre is an edge forward. It is still the case that the winger is barely involved close to the line. Which is exactly where we have stunk all year and where Hayne is easily, easily by the length of the field, our biggest threat.
But even at centre that young back rower gets the ball before him 4 times out of 5.
If we shift him back out I am going to tare my hair out and give in.
No because the edge forward and centre are usually running decoy lines, with the halves, fullback and winger all involved as receiving options.

T-Boon

Coach
No because the edge forward and centre are usually running decoy lines, with the halves, fullback and winger all involved as receiving options.

Mate, respect but Hayne needs to be centre. Minimum. I'd say fullback or 5/8 in the attacking half. Anyone who thinks there is another option in our team is f**king crazy.

T-Boon

Coach

For a start, no, that edge forward guy gets the ball a lot. Like once a set. He is kind of impressive in terms of metres after contact or whatever and he runs a good line...but he is like Tep. They can contend with him. It drives me crazy that he gets it before Hayne at all, let alone near the try line where teams have never been able to contend with Hayne.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate, respect but Hayne needs to be centre. Minimum. I'd say fullback or 5/8 in the attacking half. Anyone who thinks there is another option in our team is f**king crazy.
Yeah why not halfback or front row? He'd be even closer to the action.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For a start, no, that edge forward guy gets the ball a lot. Like once a set. He is kind of impressive in terms of metres after contact or whatever and he runs a good line...but he is like Tep. They can contend with him. It drives me crazy that he gets it before Hayne at all, let alone near the try line where teams have never been able to contend with Hayne.
Are you saying Hayne should play edge forward instead of Niukore? Or is it possible that getting the ball closer to the ruck isn't necessarily the best thing for a player whose strength is beating opponents one-on-one?

The edge forward gets the ball a lot because when there are no opportunities out wider you want him to dig in and hopefully get a quick play-the-ball to start the next play. Plus he is aimed at the opposition halfback, and we want that little merkin making a lot of tackles.

Dibs

Bench
:thinking:

You may be stuck in the 80’s I think, when there were inside and outside centres and they passed to each other!! In 2018 wingers get plenty of touches normally more then centres!!

Anyhow please tell me who played centre in the round 13 Wentworth NSW cup side:

http://live.nswrl.com.au/match/413e134259bc4ebcf/97429cac11ab07f40

Or can you read this:

“a number of weeks ago Jaeman Salmon was selected in the centres for Wenty in a match at ANZ Stadium. He’s a versatile player, and the coaches probably wanted to see how he handled that position.”

https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2018/06/19/the-spotlight-parramattas-joint-venture-with-wenty/
I thought wentworth was a women’s prison team