What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest example of why Mary cannot coach

Mrs muzby asked me yesterday why the same thing happens every year - we start strong and then fall away..

My explanation back to her is that we come out with a particular type of game plan which the other teams can’t match.. but once they figure out how to beat us (eg this year just beat up our forwards , give away momentum killing penalties) we don’t pull out plan b.

Because there is no plan b
He’s always had the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude.
The problem starts when it is broke he has no idea how to fix it.
The players are starting to realise this.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He’s always had the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude.
The problem starts when it is broke he has no idea how to fix it.
The players are starting to realise this.
His approach reminds me of homer and the suckling pig..

images

Pic 1. Loss to Warriors
Pic 2. Loss to souffs
Pic 3. The last month
Pic 4. Round 26

Old Timer

Coach
It is often said that we didn't expect the team to get this far and so it is for Mc Fookknuckle.
In all reality he never thought that life for him could be this good.
He's like a dog with 2 dicks he doesn't know which one to lick first.
He is living his dream but totally at ours and the players expense.

Wittenberg

Juniors
He had us flying high earlier in the year and we are still in the top four BUT the drop off in the last section of the comp last year and again this year shows that he simply cannot develop a plan B or C. We have two attacking plans. Firstly we constantly throw an initial long cut out pass, then throw a pass across one centre and have Dufty chiming in. The second move is an interchange of passes in and out between players one off the ruck and then a short pass is given to Dufty coming up through the middle of the ruck. Teams know these plays better than we do. So like last week the Warriors simply held off our players and let us crowd ourselves against the sideline. As for the in out short passing move, see how many times Dufty has been smashed attempting the move. How about using Dufty as a decoy throughout the game and having him running around to the 'wrong' side and shift the ball the other way? Think outside the square PLEASEEEE

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He had us flying high earlier in the year and we are still in the top four BUT the drop off in the last section of the comp last year and again this year shows that he simply cannot develop a plan B or C. We have two attacking plans. Firstly we constantly throw an initial long cut out pass, then throw a pass across one centre and have Dufty chiming in. The second move is an interchange of passes in and out between players one off the ruck and then a short pass is given to Dufty coming up through the middle of the ruck. Teams know these plays better than we do. So like last week the Warriors simply held off our players and let us crowd ourselves against the sideline. As for the in out short passing move, see how many times Dufty has been smashed attempting the move. How about using Dufty as a decoy throughout the game and having him running around to the 'wrong' side and shift the ball the other way? Think outside the square PLEASEEEE

100% and welcome back

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think Sims has looked like the best edge backrower in the comp this year. Frizell continued to run back into the middle and can not set up a right hand side attack. The ball stops with Frizell, just as it stops with Aitken.

Earlier in the year I started a thread saying what I would do if I was coach. One of the things I said I would do is move Frizell to be part of our prop rotation. I said that I would give Host a run in Frizell's right hand side second row position, with the hope that our attack could improve on that side that that Frizell would strengthen our middle. Lucky is starting to show some good signs now and I wouldn't mind Sims moved to the right hand side, Lucky promoted to start on the left edge and Frizell as part of our prop rotation.

Frank- with all due respect to your many years of bringing great players to this legendary club, what are you smoking with relation to Jacob Host. This guy would struggle to break a defensive line even if he was armed with a flame thrower. He, like McGregor is a serial underachiever.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Frank- with all due respect to your many years of bringing great players to this legendary club, what are you smoking with relation to Jacob Host. This guy would struggle to break a defensive line even if he was armed with a flame thrower. He, like McGregor is a serial underachiever.
When I said that I would give Host a run on Frizell's right hand edge earlier in the season, I said that I wasn't sure if Host was good enough or not. I actually do agree with you, that Host hasn't overly impressed me yet. The game before he got injured he looked to be handling first grade quite well. I would like to see him get angry and rip in.

epDragon62

First Grade
When I said that I would give Host a run on Frizell's right hand edge earlier in the season, I said that I wasn't sure if Host was good enough or not. I actually do agree with you, that Host hasn't overly impressed me yet. The game before he got injured he looked to be handling first grade quite well. I would like to see him get angry and rip in.
A bit of mongrel perhaps?

Latest posts