What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

dragons girl

Juniors
Marys coaching plan has always been go hard in the first half of the comp to get enough points to make the semis.This year like previous ones we are now busted bruised and have nothing left.All teams go through losing streaks but ours im afraid wont end.Mary has no idea of how to rectify this situation.Did bennett not get rid of Mary when he took over? Then our board appointed him years later Bennett knows players and how to get the best out of them we need Bennett now lets get this done

BLM01

First Grade
Marys coaching plan has always been go hard in the first half of the comp to get enough points to make the semis.This year like previous ones we are now busted bruised and have nothing left.All teams go through losing streaks but ours im afraid wont end.Mary has no idea of how to rectify this situation.Did bennett not get rid of Mary when he took over? Then our board appointed him years later Bennett knows players and how to get the best out of them we need Bennett now lets get this done
As much as I am grateful for Wayne Bennett getting rid of the media choke tag, making us a powerhouse for a few years which included a premiership that I will cherish for ever, I'd say no to him now as we need to move past that and his era. And a no to Tony Smith because he would be part of that old boys club mentality.
I dont have the resolution except what is available out there today and I only see who gives me confidence they can bring change to culture etc. that is Toovey / Kimmorley combo

Dragonheads

Juniors
I can see why most fans always wants to blame the “Coach” but I must say he has got a State of Origin forward pack which has going missing and two English gentlemen who haven’t come back form their holiday
Dragon fans the more you bag your own the more the opposition love it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
McGregor refuses to admit our forwards in particular are busted, if you look at his post Roosters speech he tries to convince everyone that they have been monitored carefully in time off at training etc for those that played the Origin series bla bla bla....what the Idiot doesnt grasped is these blokes needed time off at staggered intervals during the season especially if they were carrying niggling injuries , if you look at our season thus far we are probably the only team that has fielded the same regular 13 on the paddock week in week out....other clubs havnt done that because they have rested players if they needed to be given time off.....he refuses to blood some of our lower graders and on the odd occasion he basically gives our 16th and 17th players bugger all time off the bench...and to be honest Graham was in my opinion busted when we got him from the Dogs.......and now the pointy end of the season is upon us he takes them off to a camp .....what is it a boot camp or lets all hug and whats happening to us camp...

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I say no to Bennett also.
He would gave been a great assett to us after Newcastle but I feel now his gloss has worn off.
Now as a mentor he would be a terrific signing even with a rookie (JD) or an experienced coach such as Toovey for example. Oversee the operation and prevent the disasters (like at the Dogs with Hasler).
We need fresh new ideas that will change our current system and encourage pathways for juniors.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I can see why most fans always wants to blame the “Coach” but I must say he has got a State of Origin forward pack which has going missing and two English gentlemen who haven’t come back form their holiday
Dragon fans the more you bag your own the more the opposition love it.
Thats why the opposition love it because our blokes arnt bagged enough ...they know they are playing the same team every week ......you can guarantee the sides under us are licking their lips with the prospect of playing us in the last few rounds ....IF WE THE SUPPORTERS DONT BAG THEM WHO ELSE WILL..CERTAINLY NOT OUR COACH HE THINKS WE ARE GOING OK....LISTEN TO HIS POST MATCH INTERVIEWS LATELY

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm not sure who would be the best fit for us but i know Mary isn't the one & a change is needed.
Names of possible coaches available seem to be Bennett,Toovey,McGuire,Hasler,Henry,JD & Walters.Others such as Arthur,Barrett & Griffin could become available.
Of these i could live with JD or Walters with Henry as an assistant/footy manager.Henry appears to have a very smart footy brain who as a head coach seemed to have trouble dealing with players with large ego's of which we don't appear to have any.I think we need to move on from Bennett.Toovey(possibly).McGuire would only be a short fix likewise Arthur & the rest probably not.
Have i missed anybody else?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Blood Shot Eyes is a valuable member of this forum .............. your point?
Its ok mate....I think Dragonheads is referring to drinking....little do they know the name came from a mate that I served my apprenticeship with at Rockdale...I was forever getting metal particles in my eyes from machinery and they were always bloodshot...and he commented you can see your a St George supporter your eyes are always red n white......didnt have to explain myself mate but thought I would clear that up for anyones elses benefit...cheers

One of the first things Bennett did when he arrived.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I'm not sure who would be the best fit for us but i know Mary isn't the one & a change is needed.
Names of possible coaches available seem to be Bennett,Toovey,McGuire,Hasler,Henry,JD & Walters.Others such as Arthur,Barrett & Griffin could become available.
Of these i could live with JD or Walters with Henry as an assistant/footy manager.Henry appears to have a very smart footy brain who as a head coach seemed to have trouble dealing with players with large ego's of which we don't appear to have any.I think we need to move on from Bennett.Toovey(possibly).McGuire would only be a short fix likewise Arthur & the rest probably not.
Have i missed anybody else?
One name that stands above the rest ADAM O'BRIEN... deputy to Bellamy at the storm for several years . Highly regarded and is now ready to step up .Has a clause in his contract that states he can go elsewhere if a suitable job comes up . i know the Broncs have also sounded him out..
Well worth an investigation ...

merahputih

Juniors
One name that stands above the rest ADAM O'BRIEN... deputy to Bellamy at the storm for several years . Highly regarded and is now ready to step up .Has a clause in his contract that states he can go elsewhere if a suitable job comes up . i know the Broncs have also sounded him out..
Well worth an investigation ...
Sounds like he would be a good fit with his CV. Signed to the end of 2019 with Storm. Can we wait that long?

Latest posts