What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunpk

Juniors
I know slightly off topic - but does anybody think the day will come when the NRL regulates shoe colours? For example, watching the dragons players who have red or white shoes - it looks great. Then somebody with fluorescent yellow/green/orange pops up - it looks amateurish. It almost looks as bad as when they let them wear their junior club's socks.
There is a soccer club in Mexico that only allows players to wear red boots. Some Players have to use red markers to colour their boots. I do agree it'll look great to make players wear team coloured boots instead of random colours but don't think it'll ever happen
Club-Tijuana-Red-Boots (2).jpg

gunpk

Juniors
It's at the point where it's the players who wear black boots who stand out the most.

While we're at it - pull your damn socks up.
What's with the low socks? I don't think anybody had low socks in my team when I played. We all used tape to keep the up.
I think it was a Manly game this year where only one player(DCE?) who had the socks pulled up

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It might be an urban myth but I was once told (by those it affected) that some of the polynesian lads calves are too big to wear socks comfortably and without constricting blood flow.

gunpk

Juniors
It might be an urban myth but I was once told (by those it affected) that some of the polynesian lads calves are too big to wear socks comfortably and without constricting blood flow.
I think I heard something about this too. I remember Inu had to wear the socks low for this reason.

thorson1987

Coach

I think I heard something about this too. I remember Inu had to wear the socks low for this reason.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lker-cutting-holes-Manchester-City-socks.html

Eagle-eyed football fans have noticed some gaping holes in the socks of Manchester City defender Kyle Walker in recent weeks.

Walker could be seen in Tuesday's Champions League clash against Liverpool with a number of holes cut out of his socks down the back of his legs.

Sure to anger City's kit man, Walker has been doing it because modern socks are so tight that he struggles with sore calves in the second half of matches.

4AD5229200000578-0-image-a-1_1523467055138.jpg

callmack1

Staff member
There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

You heard it here first. ;)

kdalymc

Bench
I know slightly off topic - but does anybody think the day will come when the NRL regulates shoe colours? For example, watching the dragons players who have red or white shoes - it looks great. Then somebody with fluorescent yellow/green/orange pops up - it looks amateurish. It almost looks as bad as when they let them wear their junior club's socks.
f**k me dead...

kdalymc

Bench
There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

Can you repeat that

toomuchsoup

Juniors

Huge if true

The Great Dane

First Grade

When I was over there last the rumors went further than that, they weren't just going to revert to their old colours but the Auckland RL wanted to go back to calling them Auckland Warriors as well.

I'd take it with a grain of salt though, as you should any rumor.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Given the ARL is in charge, i wouldnt be surprised if the went back to Auckland Warriors too.

Perfect if they do. The next NZ expanision team should be the New Zealand Somethings, for a Auckland vs Rest rivalry.

LineBall

Juniors

And yet, a lot of them wear skins compression socks under their footy socks. Go figure.

callmack1

Staff member
The rumour about the Warriors kit is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt but apparently, some retailers over here have already seen the 2019 Warriors catalogue.

Diesel

Coach
The rumour about the Warriors kit is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt but apparently, some retailers over here have already seen the 2019 Warriors catalogue.
ARL own the Warriors, this is not out of the question. Reverting back to Auckland as well. A lot of this talk was 6-12 months ago when the club was being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts