What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I told you so

possm

Coach

Our attack was/is based on the success of our forwards dominating the opposition. As I stated a couple of monts ago, our forwards are fatigued and some injured and our halves can't play behind a losing forward pack. Throw in the fact that Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai are playing very poorly and have been for some time now, all of a sudden the reasons for our slump are all very clear.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Our attack was/is based on the success of our forwards dominating the opposition. As I stated a couple of monts ago, our forwards are fatigued and some injured and our halves can't play behind a losing forward pack. Throw in the fact that Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai are playing very poorly and have been for some time now, all of a sudden the reasons for our slump are all very clear.
Yes true. I also do wonder how much impact the change in refereeing style has had on our game. Others have previously mentioned this and I think there may be some validity to it.

I also think that we may have been over achieving a bit earlier in the season and that gave us a false sense of reality. We only just held on against Souths, when they were without Sam Burgess. The first time we played Cronulla a few or their players got injured during the game. The second time we played them, they were without a few players. Dufty has also probably won us a few games single handedly.

Posters on this forum identified that our right hand side was a weakness in defence very early in the season and all clubs look to be awake to this problem. They are all targeting out right hand side.

I did say early in the season that winning was masking our deficiencies.

Dragon for life

Juniors
We have been in trouble for a while now we have a couch unable or willing to make changes.Like most of us its ground hog day all over again.Dare i say it again get Bennett he has the ability to stop this kind of inept crap
Yeah agree. Bennett would take the core of this team to the final next year. He would blood the young guys needed for our backline and deliver another final. I have no doubt about that. We have an awesome forward pack to build the team around. A few good backs and that would be enough.

possm

Coach
Yeah agree. Bennett would take the core of this team to the final next year. He would blood the young guys needed for our backline and deliver another final. I have no doubt about that. We have an awesome forward pack to build the team around. A few good backs and that would be enough.

If Bennett was appointed he wouldn't want any of our current coaching staff. Hopefully he would have JD as his assistant. People with plumb jobs and a promised future would resist the appointment of Bennett however, surely the Board would have to respect Bennett's wishes to gain his signature.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes true. I also do wonder how much impact the change in refereeing style has had on our game. Others have previously mentioned this and I think there may be some validity to it.

I also think that we may have been over achieving a bit earlier in the season and that gave us a false sense of reality. We only just held on against Souths, when they were without Sam Burgess. The first time we played Cronulla a few or their players got injured during the game. The second time we played them, they were without a few players. Dufty has also probably won us a few games single handedly.

Posters on this forum identified that our right hand side was a weakness in defence very early in the season and all clubs look to be awake to this problem. They are all targeting out right hand side.

I did say early in the season that winning was masking our deficiencies.

It was as though 2017 had slipped people’s minds.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Is Lafai really paying THAT poorly? Sure, he hasn’t been a game breaker by any stretch of the imagination, but comparatively to the right side, I wouldn’t have thought he’s going badly either.

sea dragon

Juniors
I’m confident this week ( NFI why), have thrown $50 on Bris into NZ into us. $165 return.

Just looking at teams, I think Cows can upset Broncs at 1300 Smiles.
They've been improving each week and seems some trouble in Brissy Town
- Parker sacked!

dragons girl

Juniors
Is Lafai really paying THAT poorly? Sure, he hasn’t been a game breaker by any stretch of the imagination, but comparatively to the right side, I wouldn’t have thought he’s going badly either.
We need a coach with first grade experience not affraid to make the tough calls and one who commands respect.Does anyone know a coach like that?If we got Bennett he would have the nucleus of a good side with changes he would make could be a premiership team he did it in 2010. he needs to bring JD to take over after him or get bennett as coaching director and bring g JD as head coach now

slippery5

Juniors
Depends, if you don't count try's, try assist, tackle breaks, meters gained, GPS tracking speed, then NO, he hasn't been going that bad. LOL

slippery5

Juniors
Deja vu
Sitting high up in the stand felt like I was watching a train wreck.
I remember a scene from "The Hunt for Red October"
The bad Russian Captain - Hunting Ramulas (Big Sean)
His fledgling turns to the captain...
"You arrogant Prick - You kill the God Damn lot of us"
Watching the press conference all of my suspicions were confirmed
These pricks think they can click their fingers and all will be right in the world again.

I say piss McGregor off and any other tool who wants to support him.
There is a turn "ClusterF#@k - I believe that's were we are at.
Attack, akin to park footy.
Tackling - and this is with a kin eye - Most all of our players (notable stars) are Speed humps
very Sowardesque - I had the Shi*ts yesterday watching this.

With all the Drama at Penrith and Manly For a moment - I'd be happy with Barrett coaching us

I have to say there were no positives out of yesterdays game - what-so-ever.
Anybody - that includes we supporters who think is a negative and criticise me needs to stop and take a hard look at themself - Wake up and deal with reality - WE ARE F&$KED

We've been sailing along since before SOO blindly (post Melbourne game), thinking we deserve to be ranked No 1 well we're no even close
Next Parra - we snuck home last time - We will be lucky to win that - Less that 50% says we will
Tigers at Liechhart - There's a loss - They have a sniff now
Canterbury @ Jubilee - They have the wood on us - at very best 50/50 chance
Knight in the last round - we'll have to earn that win - again if we're lucky.
Then comes the finals
Hmmmmmm

Stick a fork in us - We're done
A real Million dollar player would of won that game for us yesterday - Hunt didn't.
He looks disinterested (wandering around) - dare I say it homesick
"ClusterF#@k'' one of my favourite comments from Clint Eastwood in Heart Break Ridge.

_Johnsy

Referee
Just looking at teams, I think Cows can upset Broncs at 1300 Smiles.
They've been improving each week and seems some trouble in Brissy Town
- Parker sacked!
The main reason was all 3 sides must keep winning & should knock over their opponents.

WepnutV

Juniors
Ohhhh wow.. People on here have not a clue, but go on like they have all the answers.. We could be doing a lot worse than Mary.. And the dragons are still looking the goods to go deep into the semis..

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ohhhh wow.. People on here have not a clue, but go on like they have all the answers.. We could be doing a lot worse than Mary.. And the dragons are still looking the goods to go deep into the semis..
Who is a lot worse than Mary?

Do you think that Mary selects the right players. ie Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai?

I think we could do a lot better than Mary. I also think that a new coach from outside our system with new ideas would be good.

Latest posts