What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater retires

King hit

Coach
When i was in high school the guidance counsellor was from Innisfal and worked at the school Slater went to. The principal at this school would berate Billy telling him he would never make a man of himself and would be a failure. Would like to see what that principal thinks of him these days.

LESStar58

Referee
Billy+Slater+David+Klemmer+Melbourne+Storm+Rd32Iq_4aV2l.jpg

0db8d3dd169527255e5bb37e81976194

Klemmer was offside from that kick. Serves him right.

Barkley

Bench
Klemmer was offside from that kick. Serves him right.
Couldn’t agree more. Every off side player should be kicked in the face. TBoon will be on board with this.

Vince McMahon can create a new spin off League the XTL....Xtreme Topball League.

LESStar58

Referee
Couldn’t agree more. Every off side player should be kicked in the face. TBoon will be on board with this.

Vince McMahon can create a new spin off League the XTL....Xtreme Topball League.

And it was only Klemmer he "kicked". Billy should be given a medal for that.

blaza88z

Coach
One of the best we'll ever see, the best fullback in the game up to this point without question

Pedge1971

First Grade
Should have retired at the end of last year but wanted to play 300 games.

Nothing else to prove. Out and out champion.

Why? Not like his form has dipped. No fan as a bloke but great player who could easily do 1 more year for mine..

Pedge1971

First Grade
Kind of asks the question why Cam gets a testamonial this when he will likely play on whole nothing for Billy......

Bit of a f**k up there as Slater was as much a part of that era of greats as Smith and JT.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Great fullbacks I have seen play

Slater, Lockyer, Mini, Hayne, Bowen, Inglis & B Stewart

Mini, Bowen and Hayne were all brilliant, but not over the length of time that Billy managed it
He has been playing full back in the first grade for 15 years....... 15 years - and he is still great

Mini was great for 4 or 5 years
Stewart was great at Brookvale for 4 or 5 years
Bowen was great for 3 or 4 years
Inglis was great for 2 or 3 years (admittedly, he was amazing for years in the centres as well)
Hayne was great for 4 or 5 months

But no one, absolutely no one has been anywhere near as good as Billy for as long as Billy

Lockyer was the only one who comes close, but he moved to five eighth, so whilst he played for a long time, his tenure as great fullback wasn't anywhere near as long as Billy's

Kurt Gidley......hold my beer :)