What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I told you so

Who is a lot worse than Mary?

Do you think that Mary selects the right players. ie Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai?

I think we could do a lot better than Mary. I also think that a new coach from outside our system with new ideas would be good.
You'd be hard pressed. Maybe Stuart? Barrett? Brown? Pay is doing better, So is Arthur
Depending on the next 4 weeks, Mary could end up the winner of that little contest.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Well you've certainly changed your tune.

Straight Shooter
lol
I was never a Mary fan, I just thought that he was going better because he had better cattle. I was critical of his continued selection of Lafai in 2016. I was critical of him selecting Dugan and then Nightingale ahead of Dufty last year. I am critical of his continued selection of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai. When we were unbeaten, I still said that winning was masking out deficiencies. At the start of the year I said that I had us 4th pick, but we needed to give 2 or 3 youngsters a go in the backline and for them and Dufty to be success stories. Mary hasn't given the 2 or 3 youngsters (in the backline) a go.

I was just thinking that last year many of us thought or even hoped that if we missed the 8, then at least Mary would have go sacked. I would have been very happy with Cleary. I would have been very happy with Bellamy. I have always said that I would take Brown back. Seibold looks to have Souths going well in his first year of coaching. I thought Hasler was one if not the best coach in the game, when Canterbury signed him, but by the time he left, I am not so sure about Hasler. Maybe he didn't have good enough halves? But he didn't look to come up with a plan B, so to speak. Arthur could be a good coach. There were some wraps on Barrett when Manly signed him. Bennett would be an experienced coach who could probably do well with our current roster, as long as he got a prop and a few good three quarters.

WepnutV

Juniors
Who is a lot worse than Mary?

Do you think that Mary selects the right players. ie Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai?

I think we could do a lot better than Mary. I also think that a new coach from outside our system with new ideas would be good.
Griffen is worse than Mary in my opinion.. Barret may turn out to be a good coach, but stats wise mary is doing better..
Yes I do think he has picked the right team.
The team he has picked has allowed some youngsters to get a full season of nsw cup under there belt. wich imo is good for development..

WepnutV

Juniors
Lafai, Nightingale and Aitken are the best players we have in there positions.. We could throw some youngsters out there and see how they go, or put the players out there we are paying to be out there

Frank Facer

First Grade
Lafai, Nightingale and Aitken are the best players we have in there positions.. We could throw some youngsters out there and see how they go, or put the players out there we are paying to be out there
Are you sure?
How would you know?
How much time has anyone else besides Kurt Mann been given at centre or wing this year?
I don't know if Lomax, Herbert or co would perform better than Aitken, Nightingale and Lafai, but it would be hard not to. The only way anyone will ever get a chance is if someone gets injured. Mary doesn't drop players.

lol
I was never a Mary fan, I just thought that he was going better because he had better cattle. I was critical of his continued selection of Lafai in 2016. I was critical of him selecting Dugan and then Nightingale ahead of Dufty last year. I am critical of his continued selection of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai. When we were unbeaten, I still said that winning was masking out deficiencies. At the start of the year I said that I had us 4th pick, but we needed to give 2 or 3 youngsters a go in the backline and for them and Dufty to be success stories. Mary hasn't given the 2 or 3 youngsters (in the backline) a go.

I was just thinking that last year many of us thought or even hoped that if we missed the 8, then at least Mary would have go sacked. I would have been very happy with Cleary. I would have been very happy with Bellamy. I have always said that I would take Brown back. Seibold looks to have Souths going well in his first year of coaching. I thought Hasler was one if not the best coach in the game, when Canterbury signed him, but by the time he left, I am not so sure about Hasler. Maybe he didn't have good enough halves? But he didn't look to come up with a plan B, so to speak. Arthur could be a good coach. There were some wraps on Barrett when Manly signed him. Bennett would be an experienced coach who could probably do well with our current roster, as long as he got a prop and a few good three quarters.

Despite the disclaimers, for the first half of the season you thought he was super coach. And you were quite smug in your assessments.

I'm nevertheless glad you've come to your senses.

Straight Shooter

Warabrook saint

Juniors
We're paying them to be out there alright....and they're doing very little in return lately

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Here come the doomsdayers wow, and Saints are still top 4 only 2 wins from 1st. Lowest they have been all year and it is round 22. They may still make top 4 and if so it is what we would have wished for at the start of the season, nah, not these guys expect Saints to be undefeated all season.

It's like they enjoy it more when Saints lose than when they win.

ALSGI

Bench
Here come the doomsdayers wow, and Saints are still top 4 only 2 wins from 1st. Lowest they have been all year and it is round 22. They may still make top 4 and if so it is what we would have wished for at the start of the season, nah, not these guys expect Saints to be undefeated all season.

Yep, this forums depressing considering where we’re sitting.

I don’t mind people venting after a loss but so much of this garbage they call reality checks.

Reality is we’re top 4 with every chance of improving our position and our footy before the Finals. If we limp into the finals, there’s every chance we improve during the finals.

Wish they’d save the vitriol for when and if we bomb out and not whilst we’re in the top 4.

ouryears

Bench
Yep, this forums depressing considering where we’re sitting.

I don’t mind people venting after a loss but so much of this garbage they call reality checks.

Reality is we’re top 4 with every chance of improving our position and our footy before the Finals. If we limp into the finals, there’s every chance we improve during the finals.

Wish they’d save the vitriol for when and if we bomb out and not whilst we’re in the top 4.
You are joking.
We have lost 4 from last 5.
We had 50 put on us.
We had 36 put on us.
Grubs and Eels almost beat us.

Save your apologies for your dad, McGregor.

ouryears

Bench

We have lost 4 from 5, got smashed twice.
We want the coach out.
Save your apologies.
The year has gone.
Save your reply till late August.

If I am wrong, I will apologise.

Confident you will be the apologiser.