What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
Crush
I know were your coming from but there is more to it and its personal.
But the deal is not complete yet.
And he has had a hard life when younger.
So I support him either way.
He's a good kid.
But sometimes you have to do what you have to do .
When it comes to family
Well I hope he finds happiness at his 4th club in 4 years.
Roosters
Titans
Dragons
Cowboys

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Ok, so I’m not a huge fan of Sele, have said before I think he’s too small for the role McMuppet played him in, so good luck to him at the Sharks.
Also yeah, Host, Leilua and Lawrie look better prospects.

So, if that’s the case, what was Sele doing in first grade in front of those three players half the year?
Genius coaches strategy

mobels

Juniors
The Raiders have jus
The Raiders have just re-signed Lui and recently Havili. Whilst these ayers aren't in the top echelon of players the point is that they ars playing 1st grade after being rejects from the Dragons. You could throw Cook into that group as well as even Bird.

Our junior stars are looking now at being blocked by long term deals to average players like Aitken and Lafai for example and even stretching to Nighty.
Sele looks likely to depart as does Herbert.

Where do our juniors get their opportunity? Well they just need to look at the examples of Lui and Havili to see that the grass is in fact greener on the other side.
Unless someone replaces McGregor promptly we ars going to see the same ol, same ol going around week after week for many years to come, whilst our former stars are killing it and our coach wonders why.
You do realize that even if we kept both Lui and Havilli you'd be saying the exact same thing, right?

Lui is a journeyman from the Brisbane Broncos, whilst Havilli is also a journeyman from the Warriors. Not exactly extremely talented juniors that the Dragons held back from playing first grade.

Both of them playing first grade would block the pathways of: Host, Sele, Leilua, Lawrie, Kerr and Robson.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
You do realize that even if we kept both Lui and Havilli you'd be saying the exact same thing, right?

Lui is a journeyman from the Brisbane Broncos, whilst Havilli is also a journeyman from the Warriors. Not exactly extremely talented juniors that the Dragons held back from playing first grade.

Both of them playing first grade would block the pathways of: Host, Sele, Leilua, Lawrie, Kerr and Robson.

Absolutely!

But your missing my point. The fact is they are playing first grade, a position our juniors will look at and say why aren't I, I guess I will have to go somewhere else to get my chance.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If Sele hasn't signed as yet, maybe he is considering a counter offer from the Dragons, hence his almost sudden inclusion in the 21 team list this week. Maybe dangling the carrot so to speak
No, just elevated into 21 after the injury to Vaughan. (Lawrie goes into 17, Sele into 21). Plus Host & MacDonald included in extended squad returning from injury ( in place of Allgood & Herbert)

mobels

Juniors
Absolutely!

But your missing my point. The fact is they are playing first grade, a position our juniors will look at and say why aren't I, I guess I will have to go somewhere else to get my chance.
To be fair none of our young forwards barring Host were ready for a starting spot at the start of the year (Host's had a bad run of injuries this year)

Its our backs that Mary for some reason refuses to blood anyone unless he's absolutely forced too.

aquiin

Juniors
Is anyone aware if Ethan Lowe is off-contract or available? Could he be looking to move?

We need another experienced forward to my mind. He can play anywhere in the back row, goal kick and a change may get him back to where he was a few years ago.

redVinme

Juniors
Is anyone aware if Ethan Lowe is off-contract or available? Could he be looking to move?

We need another experienced forward to my mind. He can play anywhere in the back row, goal kick and a change may get him back to where he was a few years ago.

i thought this the other day. Had he been injured or is he just well down the pecking order at an ordinary cowboys side? Was in origin frame for a while, shame hes not a prop which i think is priority

aquiin

Juniors
i thought this the other day. Had he been injured or is he just well down the pecking order at an ordinary cowboys side? Was in origin frame for a while, shame hes not a prop which i think is priority

I don’t know if it’s necessarily a prop but definitely someone that can play in the middle.

There are some decisions to be made about players we already have. TSims, KSims, Host, Frizell are all players that can play on an edge and in the middle. De Belin starts to look like a prop, if the interchange reduces, as I would be looking for a different player to play 13. Lawrie has made good strides in the last two years. Eddie Blacker I haven’t seen but is rated. I wouldn’t dismiss Kerr despite issues. Mason I’m not sure about.

Other props. Information on available players is questionable. Tatola re-signed I believe. Terepo was not off contract when I mentioned him. It’s pot luck guessing. On the young side there is Max King, Jai Whitbread from the Titans. Older is Mark Nicholls Souths. Sam Hoare Cowboys. But no guarantee they are available.

redVinme

Juniors
I don’t know if it’s necessarily a prop but definitely someone that can play in the middle.

There are some decisions to be made about players we already have. TSims, KSims, Host, Frizell are all players that can play on an edge and in the middle. De Belin starts to look like a prop, if the interchange reduces, as I would be looking for a different player to play 13. Lawrie has made good strides in the last two years. Eddie Blacker I haven’t seen but is rated. I wouldn’t dismiss Kerr despite issues. Mason I’m not sure about.

Other props. Information on available players is questionable. Tatola re-signed I believe. Terepo was not off contract when I mentioned him. It’s pot luck guessing. On the young side there is Max King, Jai Whitbread from the Titans. Older is Mark Nicholls Souths. Sam Hoare Cowboys. But no guarantee they are available.

I'll tell you what after watching K.Sims tonight im feeling less hesitant about his signing. He's making good yards and has scored 3 trys in two weeks running good hard lines if his lateral movement is any good he's probably got the skill to play 2nd row also. So you are right there is some variety there. Like you say though it is slim pickings was there still talk about that rabbits prop we tried to get pre june 30? Musgrove i think. He looks a good type too

aquiin

Juniors
Korbin was played as a 13 early on and then playing in Qld they played him on the right edge. Since moving more to prop, he has lost a little mobility.

Musgrove is contracted nonetheless.

Latest posts