What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater retires

Dave_

Juniors
My all time favourite player to watch. The greatest fullback ever and one of the best players ever. Definitely has a bit of grub about him though but I put that down to spending all that time with the King of all Grubs himself...Cameron Smith.

The media dick riding is going to be sickening.

Edit: the way he came back from those injuries to be better than ever and playing at the top of his game into his mid 30's is what set him apart from other fullbacks. Age did not weary this merkin

Saxon

Bench
Great player, Inglis and Smith better
When Inglis was at Storm Bellamy once said something along the lines of. "If Greg had the work ethic of Billy Slater, he'd be the best player in the game".
The unspoken, "He doesn't", echoed louder than an AC/DC gig.

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
Conniving grub. Always wanted to see him bashed.

But....

Gifted athlete, outstanding fullback (after the four or five seasons it took for him to learn to tackle like a fullback should).

Also, respect.

Respect for his determination in the face of talent scout ignorance. The long drive to Bashup Park, to try out for a first grade spot in the Brisbane comp, and the hope of QLD Cup.

Good for him. As long as we don’t have to put up with him on the telly.

Fangs

Coach
Hilarious this is being completely overshadowed by the Griffin Show at Penrith.

Best fullback I've ever seen. I will be one of the priveleged few who gets to see his final home game live in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.

Ponga has big shoes to fill.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
When Inglis was at Storm Bellamy once said something along the lines of. "If Greg had the work ethic of Billy Slater, he'd be the best player in the game".
The unspoken, "He doesn't", echoed louder than an AC/DC gig.
And if Billy had the talent Inglis still does...

This Year?

Immortal
Won't be missed by me, in fact will be glad he's gone. Overrated because of the players he's always had around him and an absolute choker when wearing green and gold.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1. Slater
2. Winterstein
5. Nightingale
6. Thurston
8. Thaiday
9. Wallace
10. Lillyman
11. Mannering
12. Scott
13. Lewis