What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucev23

Juniors
There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

You heard it here first. ;)
;)

axl rose

Bench
There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

Makes sense and I agree the name should go back to Auckland. Should not have been changed. 95 jersey is a classic.

sempmrh

Juniors
The Warriors' heritage jersey for this year was a good, modern interpretation of their original jersey design. Would like to see that or something similar worn next year and beyond. Anything is better than that bland thing they're wearing now, though.

Nuke

Staff member
Regarding the socks:
If players socks are too small, get a bigger pair of socks. Always worked with me.
I think it's just a preferred look thing. Like taping on the wrists (despite no actual injury to the wrists).

Regarding black boots: The irony isn't lost on me that a Dragons player, of all clubs, that is defying current trends and wearing black boots.
Anytime over the last 10 years when I've gone to buy footy boots, I've found it rather difficult to even find black boots in stores. They're just out of fashion at the moment, and it seems the brighter the colours, the better.

flippikat

Bench

If they use blue jersey as home (ala the 1995 design), white jersey for away (like the ultra-rare 1995-6 away strip), and green for alternate/3rd (similar design, just with the green as main colour), they'll be set.

Diesel

Coach
Auckland colours are blue and white, (limited red is sometimes thrown in) but the original colours of blue, white (Auckland) with red and green were sponsor colours from DB Bitter. Not sure the Warriors need 4 colours, 3 is enough

flippikat

Bench
Auckland colours are blue and white, (limited red is sometimes thrown in) but the original colours of blue, white (Auckland) with red and green were sponsor colours from DB Bitter. Not sure the Warriors need 4 colours, 3 is enough

I'd be inclined to go with just blue, white & green. 3 colours, a distinctive combination.

The green will be darker than Canberra (the other team with green & blue), and without red, they won't be stepping on Souths' toes.

Even though red was in the original kit, it's kinda un-necessary & a bit jarring.

Saint Doc

Coach
I'd be inclined to go with just blue, white & green. 3 colours, a distinctive combination.

The green will be darker than Canberra (the other team with green & blue), and without red, they won't be stepping on Souths' toes.

Even though red was in the original kit, it's kinda un-necessary & a bit jarring.

See i think if anything, red would be the most likely to stay. Red and white are Vodafone colours and red has been part of their black/white jerseys for a good 10 years now.

Raiders have green, white, blue, yellow. No reason Warriors couldn’t similarly use 4 colours, as long as colour 3&4 are sparing

flippikat

Bench
See i think if anything, red would be the most likely to stay. Red and white are Vodafone colours and red has been part of their black/white jerseys for a good 10 years now.

Raiders have green, white, blue, yellow. No reason Warriors couldn’t similarly use 4 colours, as long as colour 3&4 are sparing

The only colour that's sparing in the Raiders jersey now is the yellow.. ever since they added the blue side-panels to the already-blue collar & cuffs, you could just about describe their home uniform as lime green, white & blue, with a little yellow.

Although I'd *prefer* just green, white & blue (especially with the Vodafone logo in white), I'd be ok with a similar plan for the Warriors.. making dark green, blue & white the main colours (especially swapping out the red collar for one of those 3), and having red as a sponsor logo, and a *very* sparingly used 4th colour. It's not far off 1995 jersey, as the red in the V was just a sliver.

greenBV4

Bench
Not sure the Warriors need 4 colours, 3 is enough

I think 4 colours is fine as long as the jersey makes sense and isn't messy, especially if one of those colours is white (have the main colours as blue, red and green, with some white on the jersey)

I'd love to see something along the lines of their 2017 heritage jersey

b909117_5XL.png

hrundi99

First Grade
I think 4 colours is fine as long as the jersey makes sense and isn't messy, especially if one of those colours is white (have the main colours as blue, red and green, with some white on the jersey)

I'd love to see something along the lines of their 2017 heritage jersey

View attachment 22182

That is just a beautiful jersey...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canterbury, Parramatta, Gold Coast and Cronulla all use blue as a primary colour, and that's not even considering the Cowboys and Roosters who use navy.

Suggesting a team move away from their current scheme to another is all well and good but when the primary colour for almost half the comp is already a variant of blue, this doesn't seem that clever.

flippikat

Bench
Canterbury, Parramatta, Gold Coast and Cronulla all use blue as a primary colour, and that's not even considering the Cowboys and Roosters who use navy.

Suggesting a team move away from their current scheme to another is all well and good but when the primary colour for almost half the comp is already a variant of blue, this doesn't seem that clever.

Most of those teams - besides the Titans - were there in 1995, and it wasn't an issue then.. and the Sharks don't *really* factor into it, because the Sharks blue is considerably lighter than the Warriors.

As it is, the Warriors, Tigers & Panthers all wear black as home jerseys - and Roosters & Cowboys wear navy, which is close enough to black as far as contrast goes.

The positive of the Warriors moving away from Red, Black & white is that it opens up space in the NRL palette for some other team to claim the classic sporting combo of red & black as their colours (either with or without white).

My pick is..
* Warriors will go to a variation of the 1995 strip (preferably something like the heritage jersey above, with a balance of red & green in the V)
* Red & black is used by either the 2nd Brisbane team (Brisbane Dolphins? It's one way for Redcliffe to join and not annoy the Dragons), or a revived Bears team.
* Perth is added as an expansion team using some variation of red & gold/yellow..

Saint Doc

Coach
Most of those teams - besides the Titans - were there in 1995, and it wasn't an issue then.. and the Sharks don't *really* factor into it, because the Sharks blue is considerably lighter than the Warriors.

As it is, the Warriors, Tigers & Panthers all wear black as home jerseys - and Roosters & Cowboys wear navy, which is close enough to black as far as contrast goes.

The positive of the Warriors moving away from Red, Black & white is that it opens up space in the NRL palette for some other team to claim the classic sporting combo of red & black as their colours (either with or without white).

My pick is..
* Warriors will go to a variation of the 1995 strip (preferably something like the heritage jersey above, with a balance of red & green in the V)
* Red & black is used by either the 2nd Brisbane team (Brisbane Dolphins? It's one way for Redcliffe to join and not annoy the Dragons), or a revived Bears team.
* Perth is added as an expansion team using some variation of red & gold/yellow..

I like your thinking but suggesting there is a master plan for an NRL colour palate is the stuff dreams are made of.

The NRL will likely allow a second Brisbane team to be dark red, light orange and white, and the Perth team to be something unique like blue, yellow and white

Status
Not open for further replies.