What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Decent crowd, should be more for a top of the table all Sydney clash but given where crowds are at in the NRL you can’t sniff at any crowd over 20k these days. Perfect game for a redeveloped allianz in a couple of years time!

Pommy

Coach
Yeah but you do grasp the logistics?
They are from south Syd
SFS if not Redfern .

The logistics are Redfern is full of hipsters not Souths fans. Souths has built it’s name on being a team of the lower class blue working collar man. Have you seen house prices in south Sydney?

Perth Red

Post Whore
And it’s clearly the wrong move

It’s a financial move, anz pay a royal sum for them to play there. It’s a shame clubs dont have the fans and corporates to not require this compromise but such are the realities of club revenue v expenditure.

carcharias

Immortal
The logistics are Redfern is full of hipsters not Souths fans. Souths has built it’s name on being a team of the lower class blue working collar man. Have you seen house prices in south Sydney?
Plenty of shitholes still in the South Sydney area for the deros to live.

Ha
Their fan base moved west?

Did they do a poll or something?

Yes.

Remember that map a few years ago where NRL members could enter their postcode and the map would show Sydney postcodes broken down by the most popular team?
Surprisingly South's won quite a few postcodes in the far South West that most wouldve expected to be the heart of Tigers country.

I guess if you're a sharks fan used to a strength as a community club, with very strong support with in the area and representing a geographical area with less outward migration and more intergenerational ties to said area, it could be hard to fathom how a fan diaspora works.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes.

Remember that map a few years ago where NRL members could enter their postcode and the map would show Sydney postcodes broken down by the most popular team?
Surprisingly South's won quite a few postcodes in the far South West that most wouldve expected to be the heart of Tigers country.

I guess if you're a sharks fan used to a strength as a community club, with very strong support with in the area and representing a geographical area with less outward migration and more intergenerational ties to said area, it could be hard to fathom how a fan diaspora works.
What exact year was this special map?
They moved ten years ago apparently .

I didn’t enter my details into this map.
Ive been an NRL club member for ever.
Btw
I don’t give a shit where they live .
Playing club footy in a stadium that was built for the Olympics is never going to work as a spectacle.
Only a complete dope would suggest otherwise.

Pommy

Coach
What exact year was this special map?
They moved ten years ago apparently .

I didn’t enter my details into this map.
Ive been an NRL club member for ever.
Btw
I don’t give a shit where they live .
Playing club footy in a stadium that was built for the Olympics is never going to work as a spectacle.
Only a complete dope would suggest otherwise.

Only a complete dope would suggest moving a home game to the away teams stadium.

Latest posts