What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin available?

dannyt

Coach
If I was going to bet on who will be our next coach I'd place it on Dean Young. His father would have done a deal with the Millward family and Doust. The only problem is that if the new ownership happens, all deals will be off - there's a new sheriff in town.
And that is the crux of our problem now and for most of the last 40 years.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
i personnally think JASON D .is the man we need here but the old boys club is a very large reason it wont happen and i dont want to hear that hes not proven because in my eyes he is very much proven .................

ouryears

Bench
If I was going to bet on who will be our next coach I'd place it on Dean Young. His father would have done a deal with the Millward family and Doust. The only problem is that if the new ownership happens, all deals will be off - there's a new sheriff in town.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ouryears

Bench
I thought like many other posters, influenced by comments from Gould and a few disgruntled ex-players like Segeyaro and Hannant....he is not up to winning a premiership, he lost the dressing room, he is old school.....
I hope most of the posters had the opportunity to hear Griffin's version on NRL 360 as prior to that, he had not been in the media.
I am convinced he would be worth considering for a position at the Dragons and he could contribute to the whole organisation in a very positive way. I think he was sacked now cos Gould didn't want him and didn't want to risk making the change once Penrith went deep into the finals.

For what its worth, I would prefer Bennett to return as we have a reasonable roster needing a backline tweak and could be ready for a good tilt at the title similar to the first coming in 2009.
Otherwise, I think Macguire would be a good fit as we have a similar team to the one he had at Souths when they won the title.
Maguire sacked and griffin sacked for GOOD reasons
Look to future!!!

Maguire is a great coach. The problem is that he is so intense that players can only handle him for so long.

The first four years he was at Souths we went from a team on the verge of the eight to genuine contenders and premiers. By about the fifth year, you could see that the side had been trained to the verge of exhaustion and they just needed some new ideas around the place and a freshen up in the way they trained.

So my point basically is that if you signed Madge, with your squad I think you would go down a similar path. You would be immediate, serious contenders but after about four or five years you’d need to look for another coach. It’d be a great four years though.

SBD82

Coach
Maguire is a great coach. The problem is that he is so intense that players can only handle him for so long.

The first four years he was at Souths we went from a team on the verge of the eight to genuine contenders and premiers. By about the fifth year, you could see that the side had been trained to the verge of exhaustion and they just needed some new ideas around the place and a freshen up in the way they trained.

So my point basically is that if you signed Madge, with your squad I think you would go down a similar path. You would be immediate, serious contenders but after about four or five years you’d need to look for another coach. It’d be a great four years though.
When you guys got rid of McGuire I thought it was a poor decision. I thought your squad was an aging one that needed refreshing, and that a rookie coach was an awful idea.

Moral of the story: I knew f**k all about the situation.

When you guys got rid of McGuire I thought it was a poor decision. I thought your squad was an aging one that needed refreshing, and that a rookie coach was an awful idea.

Moral of the story: I knew f**k all about the situation.

I thought the same thing tbh.

I heard rumblings of discontent and I’ve always been of the opinion that he was a top tier coach and the board should have backed him over any of the players that had issues.

Fact is, he needed to change up a few of his methods because he’d burnt out a few in the squad and we desperately needed a change. Sadly he was unable to do that.

As I said before though, when he first lands at your team he is fantastic. If the Dragons signed him you would notice a change in fitness and intensity from game 1. I think, if you wanted to compare him to a coach of the past it would be someone like Brian Smith. You get four great years out of him before you burn out and need to move on.

Maybe he’s learned a thing or two from how his time at Souths ended as well. I have no doubt that he is a top tier coach though and if he lands at the right club he’ll win a premiership again.

On top of that, he’s a great guy.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

I heard rumblings of discontent and I’ve always been of the opinion that he was a top tier coach and the board should have backed him over any of the players that had issues.

Fact is, he needed to change up a few of his methods because he’d burnt out a few in the squad and we desperately needed a change. Sadly he was unable to do that.

As I said before though, when he first lands at your team he is fantastic. If the Dragons signed him you would notice a change in fitness and intensity from game 1. I think, if you wanted to compare him to a coach of the past it would be someone like Brian Smith. You get four great years out of him before you burn out and need to move on.

Maybe he’s learned a thing or two from how his time at Souths ended as well. I have no doubt that he is a top tier coach though and if he lands at the right club he’ll win a premiership again.

IF YOUR A DIFFERENT KIND OF RABBIT DOES THAT MAKE YOU A HARE ......THEN YOUR FOLLOWING THE WRONG TEAM MY FRIEND ...SERIOUSLY GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR YOUR A BIG CHANCE .....

blacksafake

First Grade

Thats the impression i got Rabbit.
I'd be happy to sign him up for 2/3 years.

possm

Coach
i personnally think JASON D .is the man we need here but the old boys club is a very large reason it wont happen and i dont want to hear that hes not proven because in my eyes he is very much proven .................

I'd say that your on the money. First bring him in for one or two years with Bennett as head coach and after that he can sign a five year deal as head coach.

_Johnsy

Referee
Get someone, anyone other than the incompetent assclown we have at the moment would be an upgrade.

Latest posts