What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters. Friday 10th of August 7:55pm

callmack1

Staff member
Thrilling contest goes down to the wire: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/thrilling-contest-goes-down-to-the-wire/

Round 22 Press Conference: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/live-stream-rabbitohs-roosters-press-conferences/

Gallery - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/gallery-rabbitohs-v-roosters/

Good to see Seibs and the boys are upbeat about it too, they know that was actually a pretty good performance considering the injuries we had.

southsport

First Grade
Not too concerned with that result.
2 tries a piece and I thought we matched them.
Defensively we were great I feel but obviously struggled in attack tonight with 1-5 not who we would normally play in those positions.
We know we can go to another level... but can the Rorters!
I think they played they’re GF last night.
mace, that match confirmed that Souths are the benchmark team in this competition.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t think either team played a good game last night.
Both sides were missing key players and that showed on the field. It was a shame to lose the points and position at this key time of the season but I don’t think either teams performance is reflective of what they will be playing next month.
I fancy us to put in a very big performance next weekend against the broncos though.

Travitoh

First Grade
Nobody is doubting Sam as a player but being responsible for 5 of 10 errors is a game changer. If it were his brothers or a fringe player they'd be getting crucified.

100% I'll back Sam to respond next week and and be best on because that's what champions like Sam do.

It's just disappointing that it happened in arguably the biggest match of the season so far.

Cogburn

Juniors
souffs are overrated, I reckon Brisbane will do a job on them next week. The Roosters never got out of 2nd gear, they didn't have to. Roosters, Storm then daylight to rest.

Lol@souffs

Easy win for us, never in doubt

I’d be embarrassed if I was y’all, imagine talking that much shit then losing.

Curns13

Juniors
Nobody is doubting Sam as a player but being responsible for 5 of 10 errors is a game changer. If it were his brothers or a fringe player they'd be getting crucified.

100% I'll back Sam to respond next week and and be best on because that's what champions like Sam do.

It's just disappointing that it happened in arguably the biggest match of the season so far.
Exactly. Criticism doesnt mean we suddenly hate Sam or think he’s shit or don’t want him to play next week. Players can have off weeks, but fans can also say, ‘Boy, he was shit last night.’

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Exactly. Criticism doesnt mean we suddenly hate Sam or think he’s shit or don’t want him to play next week. Players can have off weeks, but fans can also say, ‘Boy, he was shit last night.’
Yep he was 100% effluent for sure.Sam will never die from lack of commitment,he just gets a bit over excited and the errors creep in.
Will this ever change with Sammy boy?
The answer is NO,but that's Sam,he wears his heart on his sleeve and for every 100% shite performance he has given us,he has given far more better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not too concerned with that result.
2 tries a piece and I thought we matched them.
Defensively we were great I feel but obviously struggled in attack tonight with 1-5 not who we would normally play in those positions.
We know we can go to another level... but can the Rorters!
I think they played they’re GF last night.
Don’t mean to be negative but we have a shithouse record in Brisbane... just saying...

Plus if GI isn’t back and Seibs wants to play a back on the bench who’ve we got?

No one at all besides Hiroti.. he’s our 11th choice of back @callmack1 such is how stuffed we are currently...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thrilling contest goes down to the wire: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/thrilling-contest-goes-down-to-the-wire/

Round 22 Press Conference: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/live-stream-rabbitohs-roosters-press-conferences/

Gallery - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/10/gallery-rabbitohs-v-roosters/

Good to see Seibs and the boys are upbeat about it too, they know that was actually a pretty good performance considering the injuries we had.
Well we may not be getting anyone back next week.

It could come down to round 25 against Tigers to see if we make top 4.

If GI is back we should beat Canberra but next week is very dodgy...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Dont think either coach will be too bothered or impressed with that one. Both our sides will be there at the sticky end of the season.

Don’t underestimate how much Keary out makes our attack tick as well. He’s the spark and key to us actually putting more pressure on sides and not having to rely on our stout defence.

We held and almost nullified your strength which is power up the middle and cook getting on the back of that roll on. I know you had some backs out but the way your halves played last night I doubt it really would’ve made too much of a difference.

Both sides have plenty left in the tank and can improve a great deal. We’ll both come good and who knows a GF meeting could very well happen. I said before the game I couldnt care less of this result as it means nothing in terms of the premiership and I still feel that way.

Here’s hoping you lot absolutely give it to the Bronx.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol@souffs

Easy win for us, never in doubt

I’d be embarrassed if I was y’all, imagine talking that much shit then losing.
I’d be concerned if I was you....

We have GI, Jennings and Campbell back for when we will meet you next...

If we can make fourth of with troops back I reckon we get you next time...

Sam ain’t gonna play that bad again...... we had you in the middle metres wise but due to players who don’t play those positions normally for us on first grade we were clunky...

Build a but if pressure and we have you guys..

With our backline you should’ve put 30 on us last night...

Latrell didn’t really go looking for the ball either...he can be shut down no probs.....

Now let’s see if you guys get injuries to 4 to 5 backs as to how you guys cope... I already know the answer...

Jack_Napier

Staff member

Sam ain’t gonna play that bad again...... we had you in the middle metres wise but due to players who don’t play those positions normally for us on first grade we were clunky...

Latrell didn’t really go looking for the ball either...he can be shut down no probs.....

Now let’s see if you guys get injuries to 4 to 5 backs as to how you guys cope... I already know the answer...
You underestimate how much Keary makes our attack click. How would you guys go putting Sutton back to 5/8 or Crichton instead of Cody. Your attack would be incredibly blunt.

We had 10 tackles inside your 20 all night and still scored twice. Had 45% of the ball and completed at 70% and no territorial dominance and you still couldnt get over the line enough to win.

Face it, both sides have plenty to improve on and those saying the other side should be worried after that are only covering up the fact they’re annoyed they lost.

Both sides will still finish top 4 I have no doubt at all.

I know the answer too, you lost and we won

All there is to it

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Don’t mean to be negative but we have a shithouse record in Brisbane... just saying...

Plus if GI isn’t back and Seibs wants to play a back on the bench who’ve we got?

No one at all besides Hiroti.. he’s our 11th choice of back @callmack1 such is how stuffed we are currently...
Hiroti, Gagan and a possible dispensation to call up Viliami Kaveinga because of all the injuries.

Channel 9 commentators said he's signed on for a train and trial contract for 2019, so the club clearly see something in him (not hard to see why).

I imagine Billy Brittain takes the utility spot

Russell Coight

Juniors
souffs are overrated, I reckon Brisbane will do a job on them next week. The Roosters never got out of 2nd gear, they didn't have to. Roosters, Storm then daylight to rest.

Dont forget souffs got their ass handed to them by the tigers aswell

Lol@souffs