What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker footage

unforgiven

Bench
How do you know there was no technical difficulties? Channel 9 broadcast the potato footage 5 times before they found the good stuff after the the try was awarded.
In my opinion the bunker ref would have ruled knock on had he been watching the same footage I saw after the try was awarded. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe the ref stuffed up or maybe the the ref is biased. The footage was very clear to me watching in sd on gem, if the bunker saw it on their wiz band HD flat screens it should have been even clearer.
If you have some evidence that the bunker definitely had the better footage (and looked at it) at the time of their decision please share, otherwise you are assuming just like me.
They have all the footage? ch9 doesn't have secret cameras?

Canard

Immortal
The ruling was insufficient evidence to overturn the refs decision. From what I saw that was the right decision (I'm a Cowboys fan). If the ref ruled the other way I'd also have no issue.

If you can find the vision that clearly shows it's a knock on, post it.

rockcod

Juniors
The ruling was insufficient evidence to overturn the refs decision. From what I saw that was the right decision (I'm a Cowboys fan). If the ref ruled the other way I'd also have no issue.

If you can find the vision that clearly shows it's a knock on, post it.

The footage was on channel 9 and recorded on my pvr, I don’t know how to get it on here, especially in good quality required.

Canard

Immortal
Does the bunker not get footage from channel 9? if they had that footage for the bunker why didn’t they show it earlier, that’s my point.

That's a production decision, doesn't mean the bunker didn't see it or review it.

rockcod

Juniors
That's a production decision, doesn't mean the bunker didn't see it or review it.

I get that, we don’t know what they saw though do we, that’s my point we are just guessing what they saw at the time. It could be possible if there was technical problems that they had to use the potato footage cos that’s all they had, we don’t know.

I think there might have been other good footage from fox, I’ll try find something.

Canard

Immortal
I get that, we don’t know what they saw though do we, that’s my point we are just guessing what they saw at the time. It could be possible if there was technical problems that they had to use the potato footage cos that’s all they had, we don’t know.

I think there might have been other good footage from fox, I’ll try find something.

Would Fox not just shown the 9 feed?

unforgiven

Bench

What technical problem are you talking about? The bunker has access to all the angles?

thorson1987

Coach
9b2c4b44fb86522964124ed80d03c5e8_XL.jpg

rockcod

Juniors
I’ve always got it, I’m not sure how else I can explain it.

Go find the footage I’m talking about and see if you think the bunker really made their decision based on that footage or the earlier footage, if you haven’t seen it then you obviously don’t get what I’m talking about.

I’m not sure why it would be an impossible scenario for the bunker to have a technical issue and not have access to a particular camera angle at the same time as all the others. They have to make a decision straight away so if there is an issue with a particular camera then it will be too late.

If you blokes say the bunker can’t possibly have any issues though then that’s good enough for me, well done bunker good call.

unforgiven

Bench
I’ve always got it, I’m not sure how else I can explain it.

Go find the footage I’m talking about and see if you think the bunker really made their decision based on that footage or the earlier footage, if you haven’t seen it then you obviously don’t get what I’m talking about.

I’m not sure why it would be an impossible scenario for the bunker to have a technical issue and not have access to a particular camera angle at the same time as all the others. They have to make a decision straight away so if there is an issue with a particular camera then it will be too late.

If you blokes say the bunker can’t possibly have any issues though then that’s good enough for me, well done bunker good call.
You are the one claiming there is unseen footage, you find it and enlighten us!

unforgiven

Bench
I would if I could, I don’t have the technology, if I find a way I will.
I thought a few more people would of noticed it!
I watched a replay of the 10 mins or so of the try and the minutes after tonight just for you. I think I saw the footage you are thinking of and I still wouldn't reverse the decision based off it. I do believe the ball was knocked on, but I don't think it is definitive proof.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The funniest part is that rockcod thinks this is some big balls up and he's literally one of about 5 people talking about it :joy:

rockcod

Juniors
I watched a replay of the 10 mins or so of the try and the minutes after tonight just for you. I think I saw the footage you are thinking of and I still wouldn't reverse the decision based off it. I do believe the ball was knocked on, but I don't think it is definitive proof.

Fair enough, I see Roberts hand behind the ball and ball bounce off it so that would be enough for me.

rockcod

Juniors
The funniest part is that rockcod thinks this is some big balls up and he's literally one of about 5 people talking about it :joy:

I don’t think it’s a big balls up, I don’t know. That’s the whole point of the discussion that you appear to have missed.

I think they could do better getting the vision that the refs looking at on the broadcast. I know they are looking at 100 screens and all that but most of the time recently we have been seeing synced screens of touch line and goal line etc and it has been good, in this case we apparently didn’t get to see that best footage and I dont know why. You get to see all the footage that the 3rd umpire sees in cricket in real time.

unforgiven

Bench
I don’t think it’s a big balls up, I don’t know. That’s the whole point of the discussion that you appear to have missed.

I think they could do better getting the vision that the refs looking at on the broadcast. I know they are looking at 100 screens and all that but most of the time recently we have been seeing synced screens of touch line and goal line etc and it has been good, in this case we apparently didn’t get to see that best footage and I dont know why. You get to see all the footage that the 3rd umpire sees in cricket in real time.
They are not looking at multiple screens in cricket or split screens. There is so much more going on a footy field than a cricket field. Your saw the footage the director decided was the best for you to see, he doesn't know what footage the bunker is looking at.

Latest posts