What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you take Anthony Griffin at your club. [Poll]

Would you want Anthony Griffin at your club?

• Yes

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 62 73.8%

• Total voters
images

mxlegend99

Referee
Two from 3 starts this year, the year he was sacked. This is what is known as cherrypicking stats.
Yes. You did cherry pick stats. I used his entire Panthers career for the stat.

If I wanted to cherry pick stats I would have focused on his 1 win against top 4 sides with us going into this year for an 8% success rate against good teams.

Or his 0% success rate against Bellamy. Or his 0% success rate against top 4 teams in finals matches.

All this in teams with great rosters and resources.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thats like suggesting Mal Meninga is a grest cosch because of the QLD dominance.

With a good enough roster any coach will succeed. The Panthers roster has s winning culture that has bern built from the lower grades sll the way to the NRL which is by far our least successful team.

In 3 years Hook has beaten 3 teams that finished top 4... assuming Dragons can keep their spot. Otherwise it drops to 2 wins in 3 years.

5 wins this year came after the opposition got 14+ point leads while using his gameplan, and threw it out the window to pile on points.

Winning junior comps says f**k all about a club. Otherwise the Knights and Warriors would be powerhouses.

It is converting that potential into first graders that makes the coach. Conversely, you can just buy it like the Roosters....

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yes. You did cherry pick stats. I used his entire Panthers career for the stat.

If I wanted to cherry pick stats I would have focused on his 1 win against top 4 sides with us going into this year for an 8% success rate against good teams.

Or his 0% success rate against Bellamy. Or his 0% success rate against top 4 teams in finals matches.

All this in teams with great rosters and resources.

You really rate your roster there with the Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Sharks etc over the last 3 to 4 years?

Exsilium

First Grade
You really rate your roster there with the Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Sharks etc over the last 3 to 4 years?

The roster is bottom eight.

I’d be happy with regular finals appearances but with the talent we have we apparently should be top four and premiership contenders.

I might need to reassess because my fellow fans are of a very different opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
The roster is bottom eight.

I’d be happy with regular finals appearances but with the talent we have we apparently should be top four and premiership contenders.

I might need to reassess because my fellow fans are of a very different opinion.

Today was no better. If this continues maybe your assessment is correct

T-Boon

Coach
Griffin has done well in the circumstances imagine having bee sting face looking over your every move you couldn't bring your kids to training because bee sting looks like the boogie man. Bee sting is the ugliest head in RL.