What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

rednwhites

Juniors
Nearly spewed with comment on 9 after the game .Ryan Girdler blamed the players and said Mary was a "Great coach "" , I nearly threw my shoe at the TV. There are many many people paid good money to comment on the NRL but why can't they be honest ? The Illawarra mafia striks again.!

I saw that pre match rubbish. The first thing Girdler said is that Lafai and Aitken have been going great. Then he tried to read out the team list and mispronounced every second name.

He has no idea.

BLM01

First Grade
Please give us your source. You have no idea, these words are like a beautiful elixir to me. Desperate.
Cant see the sacking. I see the media now and club PR spin working overtime to protect Mary and blame origin and our large contribution to and players playing fatigued and busted for their 1st time at that level. (i.e not handling origin, Denver Test and its hangover will be the excuse).
End Of Season Review. We will learn from that and with the same players and staff be better equipped next year.
My facts are
1. The real worrying signs of form appeared in Round 11 at Mudgee against Canberra for our 1st lucky escape. Before Origin. Canberra were also poor that game in mistakes and defence.
2. Hunt is averaging 4-5 miss tackles a game. 2nd highest to Maloney. His average was a lot less after Round 9.
3. When did our game plan change to stop taking bombs and play 2nd phase?
4. We had the best defence at the halfway mark. We are now about 8th.
5. I think our Origin forwards are our best, so no to that excuse.

rednwhites

Juniors
Mary will be sacked but it is only a matter of time. And when that day comes I will be elated. I will also bask in the glory so long that the new coach could take us to a wooden spoon and I wouldn't even care.

rednwhites

Juniors
The results, the huge loss to last place that most of us saw coming, the Panthers move, the scent of upheaval between players, the very odd terrigal trip...

I have renewed hope this morning that this guy will be gone very soon. I am grasping in desparation at anything but surely it is going to happen!!

Bazal

Post Whore
You have no idea, .

This sums up Chiefy's mail, sorry mate. Had to pop in and set the record straight

The bloke hasn't got one right regarding Parra. Mary would be under some pressure for sure, anyone can see it. He's just having a stab at a chance that anyone can see and trying to pass it off as a scoop, it's his MO.

getsmarty

Immortal
We just have to look at 2015 2016 2017 and now 2018. That is enough for the club to have all the coaches sacked and a close look at players who are not performing.
It needs a total clean out. I’m embarrassed for our supporters.
I can’t wait to hear McIdiot tonight

don't forget he took over from Price Mid 2014....

rednwhites

Juniors
I am going to keep updating this until Mary is on his bike.

2015 We lost 11 of our last 14 games under Paul McGregor (21% winning rate)
2016 We lost 7 of our last 9 games under Paul McGregor (22% winning rate)
2017 We lost 8 of our last 12 games under Paul McGregor (33% winning rate)
2018 We have lost 5 of our last 6 games under Paul McGregor (20% winning rate)

And if only there was a statistic for how annoying he is in a press conference...

merahputih

Juniors
I am going to keep updating this until Mary is on his bike.

2015 We lost 11 of our last 14 games under Paul McGregor (21% winning rate)
2016 We lost 7 of our last 9 games under Paul McGregor (22% winning rate)
2017 We lost 8 of our last 12 games under Paul McGregor (33% winning rate)
2018 We have lost 5 of our last 6 games under Paul McGregor (20% winning rate)

And if only there was a statistic for how annoying he is in a press conference...
Perfect definition of insanity: keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

This Year?

Immortal
How is he still coach after losing a top 4 spot on the ladder after a thrashing by the team running last?
We've seen the same decline every season since he has been coach.
Not 1 player has become better since being under his charge.
Fans hate him.
He does'nt instil any confidence or inspires the playing group.

What more will it take?

minge

Bench
Currently..........Manly, Souths, West-Tigers, Broncos, Panthers maybe considering a new coaching proposition.

Name one that would consider the clown at our club?????? His application would be thrown in the garbage were it belongs. Or he wouldnt embarrass himself by submitting one.

getsmarty

Immortal
Currently..........Manly, Souths, West-Tigers, Broncos, Panthers maybe considering a new coaching proposition.

Name one that would consider the clown at our club?????? His application would be thrown in the garbage were it belongs. Or he wouldnt embarrass himself by submitting one.

Nah he would submit one, but doesn't need to as his job is safe as houses LOL

Gotta agree about McGregor but wha
How is he still coach after losing a top 4 spot on the ladder after a thrashing by the team running last?
We've seen the same decline every season since he has been coach.
Not 1 player has become better since being under his charge.
Fans hate him.
He does'nt instil any confidence or inspires the playing group.

I have to agree with u about McGregor but what about the players can’t say any one of them put much effort in that game been supporting saints since I arrived in Aust in 1958 and never have I been embrassed by a st George them but this mob were nothing short of being embracing should give the money back they never earned it .....though getting use to them doing this every year where up near the top of the ladder and every year we bomb out of the finals series it’s like we’ll Malay good beginning of the year and at back end of the season it’s like get stuffed we’ve done enough for the year

dragon-83

Juniors
once the team is in a form slump they seem to stay in it and not been able to get out of it. The players lose confidence very easy when things don't go their way during games I think that comes down to coach not being able to motivate the players and does not come up with any fresh ideas.

Latest posts