What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Eulogy

Ray McKigney

Juniors
I think the Dragons will go deep in September and perhaps even feature in October.
Mary has them primed and ready to go. You could see the hunger in the players eyes. Credit must be given to Mary for getting the lads into shape.
I think this team is in for a big year.
Of course you bandwagon supporters wouldn't want that because it'd hurt your narrative. You need the Dragons to lose to feel good about yourself, to make up for your inferiority complex.

BennyV

Referee
I think the Dragons will go deep in September and perhaps even feature in October.
Mary has them primed and ready to go. You could see the hunger in the players eyes. Credit must be given to Mary for getting the lads into shape.
Of course you bandwagon supporters wouldn't want that because it'd hurt your narrative. You need the Dragons to lose to feel good about yourself, to make up for your inferiority complex.
To be fair, Mary has specifically stated that he stepped right out of strength, conditioning and high-performance management this year. So no, credit must not be given to him...

Walpole

Juniors
Oh great, this guy again...

We’re you once known as Nostradamus?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

I know what happened. I know what caused the death of the Dragons.
It was you the fans of this once legendary club.

Hear me out before you start getting angry with me.

It's your fault because the culture of every club reflects its fans.
Now I'm not saying you're all losers, some of my best mates are Dragons fans.
But you the fans have lost your culture.
You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.
You don't show loyalty and show up to games anymore.
You don't back your players or your staff.

Starting to see how this transcends to the playing field now.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.

ARRSEHOLES !

Old Timer

Coach
Great to see you back Ray nothing like a fair weather troll to make the end of the season worthwhile
By the way how is everything at your power house Broncos who are in 8th place on -10 F/A?
As you once pointed results are a reflection of the fan base so you lot are terribly negative by the look of it.
It must shit you that the Broncos are in such disarray that you have to come over here to try and find a team that has imploded more than your brain dead lot.

Great to see you back Ray nothing like a fair weather troll to make the end of the season worthwhile
By the way how is everything at your power house Broncos who are in 8th place on -10 F/A?
As you once pointed results are a reflection of the fan base so you lot are terribly negative by the look of it.
It must shit you that the Broncos are in such disarray that you have to come over here to try and find a team that has imploded more than your brain dead lot.
Shhhhhhhh, don’t annoy the Broncos or they won’t give us thier coach.

Saintsified

Bench
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

I know what happened. I know what caused the death of the Dragons.
It was you the fans of this once legendary club.

Hear me out before you start getting angry with me.

It's your fault because the culture of every club reflects its fans.
Now I'm not saying you're all losers, some of my best mates are Dragons fans.
But you the fans have lost your culture.
You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.
You don't show loyalty and show up to games anymore.
You don't back your players or your staff.

Starting to see how this transcends to the playing field now.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.
We (St George) married an ugly chick ( Steelers) because she had a nursery of babies, she made us forget about our mates and move to her home town, now the marriage is messy, unsuccessful, we got no where to go, no mates, no money and are being controlled by her inbred extended family.

We (St George) married an ugly chick ( Steelers) because she had a nursery of babies, she made us forget about our mates and move to her home town, now the marriage is messy, unsuccessful, we got no where to go, no mates, no money and are being controlled by her inbred extended family.
We need to try these internet dating sites, i hear there’s a lot of very pretty Ukrainian women looking for husbands.

J.moz

Juniors
We need our identity back to the st George days .The nrl team being st george and lower grades be st.george illawarra.That way we as a history rugby league club keeps all our premierships.For the lower grades to perform and to 1 day play for the mighty st.george team.

Is that so? Like I said you protest and complain about the "incompetent management" which is fine to do even though you're wrong. However what I don't get is why you call them incompetent yet they still dupe you into giving them your lunch money. The same incompetent management that delivered you a premiership 2010. You call them incompetent yet you probably run a dvd hire store.

Why protest then line up to buy tickets and gear like a fool?

I ask this simple question with due respect.
That premiership was 8 years ago and the coach was Wayne Bennett.

Today we have Paul McGregor at the helm so if you want to credit the management in 2010 for delivering a premiership, you also have to credit them with todays debacle.

Who is accountable? You say the fans? Its a farcical notion that has no merit or credibility.

Fans line up because they are loyal and because they still nostalgically hold onto wonderful memories from the past. They also hope for a better future.Or are those sentiments foolish too?

This club is not about the current Management. To a great degree they are unimportant except that they control and influence our direction as a sporting club.

St. George is not about who sits (rusted) on the board.

Regardless of what you are trying to portray with your pretentious posts, the management has not only been incompetent but also negligent in its duties and obligations.

The damage to the club since the convoluted grafting on off Illawarra, has been devastating.

It has created factions, personal agendas and has fostered a culture of excuses and rationalization for mediocrity.

The results are there for all to see.

By any objective measure, this is true.

So say what you will but the truth is impossible to deny.

Your post is hollow and ridiculous

st penguin

Juniors
You may have a small point there.

However, the Broncos lose and Bennett makes changes, even going so far as moving his adopted son from fullback to centre.
Some of these things may not pay off, but at least he tries to fix things.

I was half joking. But there is an element of truth there.

Bennett's three years at the dragons all included a post-origin slump. (and in two seasons we were bundled out of the finals without a win)

Remember when he came in and said we had soft bellies? He flogged the team in the pre-season and changed the game plan to a rugged defence with direct attack.

I feel like Price and Mary kept trying to replicate the formula without success.

Latest posts