What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

super_coach

First Grade
The new prototype for a backrower, is a young kid, usually Polynesian, who can run like the wind, step off both feet and built like a brick shit house. We need at least one of those to go with Marty T and we would have a very good side come 2019, not to mention one quality centre

Hours after knocking the Tigers out of the finals race, Canterbury has announced it has signed Wests Tigers forward Sauaso Sue.

The Samoan international will link with the Bulldogs in 2019, becoming Dean Pay’s first forward recruit since the salary cap scandal broke at the start of the season.

Wide World of Sports reports Sue will move straight into the Bulldogs’ best 17 with the club still expected to lose more stars on its 2018 roster because of its salary cap issues.

The new prototype for a backrower, is a young kid, usually Polynesian, who can run like the wind, step off both feet and built like a brick shit house. We need at least one of those to go with Marty T and we would have a very good side come 2019, not to mention one quality centre

Whilst I 100% agree, I'd give my left one for a 25yr old Gareth Ellis. Man i loved watching him play. So tough, hit to hurt, always made good metres, and was good for the odd meat pie too!!

super_coach

First Grade
Whilst I 100% agree, I'd give my left one for a 25yr old Gareth Ellis. Man i loved watching him play. So tough, hit to hurt, always made good metres, and was good for the odd meat pie too!!

Mate they don't make that model anymore..burns to much petrol for the engines they have today

Tiger5150

Bench

Chee Kam is starting to fill this role pretty well

Chee Kam is getting better with more minutes. Still good for a stupid penalty or two but overall his game is on the up.

WT2K

Juniors
Development players Thomas Mikaele, Sam McIntyre
and Dylan Smith move into the top 30 for the 2019 season. Two spots left to fill out the top 30..

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. Momirovski
4. Marsters
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Lawerence
12. Matterson
13. Taylor
14. Liddle
15. MCK
16. Eisenhuth
17. Twal
18. Marshall
19. McQueen
20. Rochow
21. Gamble
22. Clark
23. Garner
24. Fonua
25. Aloiai
26. Mikaele
27. McIntyre
28. Smith

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't mind our squad but I really think we need a prop with impact (Mikaele may do the job) and a top line centre.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mikaele looks good, will press for a bench spot in round 1 IMO. Good size, has made all the juniour rep sides (including captaining Jnr Maroons) and has aggression that we lack.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m very optimistic about this group of youngsters.We just need a top drawer coach like Madge or Bennett & we will b fine & our trajectory will certainly b upwards.

Agree

Newcastle have publicly said they wanted to keep Madden and are disappointed he left. Dogs fans on The Kennell are spewing Talau left.

Seyfarth stepped up in NSW Cup at the back end of the year and although I haven’t seen or heard much or him Bradley from the Dragons is a massive unit.

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
Sam McIntyre is a very good left backrower. Not ready for NRL, but if he's still with us when Rowdy retires he will step right into that spot comfortably.

Dylan Smith is very quick. Possible wing option if he can build up and maintain speed.

Tom Mak is a beast. Noticed some defensive issues in a couple of ISP games, so that's a concern. If he fixes that, then he plays NRL in 2019.

west4ever

Juniors
But But But why did Tyson Gamble leave?, no promotion to the Top 30?.
He was promoted and in our top 30, we had a top 29 out of 30, with Fonua and gamble gone we have 3 spots left to fill our top 30, my guesse will be 3 players promoted from reserve grade, I’m hoping the 3 promoted are,
1 Robson - great utility player, good back up for the hooker roll.
2 Talau - to take Benji’s spot at 5/8.
3 Bradley - tall fast and can score a try, he is a good winger that we need.