What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbw

Bench
Cabra v SM in both grades will be interesting.
In SS Cabra were competitive against SM but while its flogging a dead horse it depends on the team that Cabra put out, if they go back to playing the more experienced players I think it will be close maybe 4 points in it, if not then it will be an easy win for SM.

In RM if Cabra are switched on from the start I think it will be Cabra by 10+

If Moorebank don't rest any players it will be ugly for Asquith, the times I have seen them play they were not impressive at all, but saying that their opposition were worse

imgunawin72

Juniors
In SS Cabra were competitive against SM but while its flogging a dead horse it depends on the team that Cabra put out, if they go back to playing the more experienced players I think it will be close maybe 4 points in it, if not then it will be an easy win for SM.

If Moorebank don't rest any players it will be ugly for Asquith, the times I have seen them play they were not impressive at all, but saying that their opposition were worse
Lets hope cabra play their best line up and not sg ball kids in SS and we’ll see a good game

Pantherman72

Juniors

Asquith are where they deserve to be. They have not lost to anyone below them on the ladder, including Cabra.

kbw

Bench
Asquith are where they deserve to be. They have not lost to anyone below them on the ladder, including Cabra.

didn't say they didn't deserve to win, just not overly impressed with them.
But I could say that about a few SS sides this year

Pantherman72

Juniors
didn't say they didn't deserve to win, just not overly impressed with them.
But I could say that about a few SS sides this year

There is a big gap between the top, middle and bottom sides for sure. The Massey comp is much more competitive.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Cabra won in scrappy game against st marys in SS.
The cabra SS coach seems to have dementia and can’t seem to manage his bench properly, they could have won by more if he had half a brain.

Broncos93

Juniors

Asquith's shield side tomorrow is stacked with RMC players. I'll be very, very surprised if they get touched up.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Glebe Burwood 36 Brothers 16
Guildford 26 Wests 14
Mounties 26 Asquith 0
St Marys 28 Cabra 24

St Marys made it 6 wins on the trot and as seems to be common Chris Yates was openly berating the referees assessor after the game. Mounties could only kick one goal against Asquith otherwise it would have been a bigger blowout. This sets up a final round with 5 teams fighting over the 3 spots in the crucial top 4 behind minor premiers Wenty. Mounties should win 2nd place by beating Blacktown and Cabra should beat Hills but the final positions will be decided next week by:

Glebe Burwood vs Wenty and
Guildford vs St Marys

SS

Cabra 28 St Marys 14
Guildford 34 East Campbelltown 34

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
Cabra were def off their game today in RM.and St Mary's seemed to make easy yardage at times.
Different in SS with Cabra playing probably the best they had all year, even with one or 2 still out of their depth in SS the others took the up the workload and they looked good esp in the first half

imgunawin72

Juniors
Cabra were def off their game today in RM.and St Mary's seemed to make easy yardage at times.
Different in SS with Cabra playing probably the best they had all year, even with one or 2 still out of their depth in SS the others took the up the workload and they looked good esp in the first half
I don’t think cabra were that good in SS against st marys. Tala mapesone dropped back from RMC made 3 line breaks in the first 25 min and they scored off the back of that.
The lack of attention by the cabra coach to his bench rotation then allowed st marys back into game, followed by a couple of late try’s to cabra was flattering for them

Pantherman72

Juniors
Mounties were a class above Asquith in the Ron Massey game although the scoreline doesnt reflect the match. Asquith lost 3 players to season ending injuries in the first 20mins due to some questionable wrestling from Mounties which left them with 1 reserve for 60mins and then 0 later in the game. A penalty count of 17 to 5 against including a sin bin also didnt help them. To keep it to just 8 nil in the final 40mins was a good effort but Mounties were clearly a class above. Asquith also didnt have Will Solway who must be injured.

rightleftin

Juniors

I agree with you - I saw Cabra SS play several games earlier in the season and they were very ordinary whereas today Mapesone, Wormleaton, Fotu and Ruttley were all dangerous in the backs and the forwards were pretty solid. it is the first time I have seen St Marys this year and I expected more from them and while a comeback looked like it might come in the first 20 of the 2nd half they did not deliver. Fitzgibbon has been promoted to RMC and scored another 2 tries today and Glanville is missing but they don't look like a challenger at the moment.

kbw

Bench
I thought one of the best for Cabra was the other centre AJ they stopped going to him in the second half but when they did he scored.

A Question re Brothers, I heard they have been officially out of the SS comp, is that true ?

Mounties were a class above Asquith in the Ron Massey game although the scoreline doesnt reflect the match. Asquith lost 3 players to season ending injuries in the first 20mins due to some questionable wrestling from Mounties which left them with 1 reserve for 60mins and then 0 later in the game. A penalty count of 17 to 5 against including a sin bin also didnt help them. To keep it to just 8 nil in the final 40mins was a good effort but Mounties were clearly a class above. Asquith also didnt have Will Solway who must be injured.

Solway is suspended for 2 weeks

Asquith were very brave today. Don't write them off yet. Considering they were a team thrown together at the last minute they have done very well to get to where they are. They will turn some heads come finals time. They have good experience across the park and a very good coach.

rightleftin

Juniors
I thought one of the best for Cabra was the other centre AJ they stopped going to him in the second half but when they did he scored.

A Question re Brothers, I heard they have been officially out of the SS comp, is that true ?

Once Brothers forfeited the first game it was likely that the final 3 games would be the same. It is necessary that they remain in the draw as each team they are drawn to play needs to be credited with a 36-0 result but after today I suppose it doesn't matter as their last game is East Campbelltown who cannot miss out on being minor premiers.

Once Brothers forfeited the first game it was likely that the final 3 games would be the same. It is necessary that they remain in the draw as each team they are drawn to play needs to be credited with a 36-0 result but after today I suppose it doesn't matter as their last game is East Campbelltown who cannot miss out on being minor premiers.

They dont get a 36-0 result. Its all the points from the shield games for that round added up and divided by 8. So after the two games Belrose lead 28-0

leaguelover610

Juniors
They dont get a 36-0 result. Its all the points from the shield games for that round added up and divided by 8. So after the two games Belrose lead 28-0

And they do this by multiplying the number of balls bowled, by the number of balls faced. Then diving that figure by the average age of the batting side, minus, the number of spanners in a sidchrome tool kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.