What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann @ 5/8

watatank

Coach
At least the defence should be better on that left edge...other than that he can do a job for us there if Hunt steps up.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I hope he kills it. I don't think he will but I hope he kills it. I feel sorry for him, his career has been totally dicked around, and now he's thrown in the deep end behind a pack that's gone soft, with a halfback who won't run on one side and an underperforming centre on the other. He's on a hiding to nothing and has probably only been selected because Mary needs a scapegoat.

Old Timer

Coach
I hope he kills it. I don't think he will but I hope he kills it. I feel sorry for him, his career has been totally dicked around, and now he's thrown in the deep end behind a pack that's gone soft, with a halfback who won't run on one side and an underperforming centre on the other. He's on a hiding to nothing and has probably only been selected because Mary needs a scapegoat.
Expertly summed up.
Mann is a left centre and that is the position they refuse to play him in.
I can see JDB & Graham hanging around in the middle and demanding the ball (no doubt Mc Fookknuckle's game plan), I hope Mann ignores them and gives Lafai very early ball or in fact runs himself.

Vinnie

Juniors
Mann should be on Pereira's wing, Field at 5/8 and Lomax in for Aitken FFS

Pereira to Dapto Dingo's - Herbert on the wing, Aitken / Lafai to Shellharbour Cutters - Lomax and Mann in the centre's, Field to 5/8. Worth a shot. 1 from 6 not much different to 1 from 7 at this stage.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Pereira to Dapto Dingo's - Herbert on the wing, Aitken / Lafai to Shellharbour Cutters - Lomax and Mann in the centre's, Field to 5/8. Worth a shot. 1 from 6 not much different to 1 from 7 at this stage.
You’re leaving the ISP team severely depleted..

BLM01

First Grade
It is funny watching Mary's pre match interview sounding like a broken record. Stats on completions is the flavour and is all we got to improve on and where we have been letting ourselves down, + a bit of connection in defence. He has been watching too many Storm or Roosters videos as I have been watching the Dragons. The fact that he says we have been ordinary past month says it all. I would say we have struggled for longer than that.
He says standards are not met and I know 16 points in defence is one of them and we have blown that apart. Wonder what the other standards are?.
100% completions, no offloads, no 2nd phase, dont follow the ball - sit back and wait for your turn for a hit up except for the 6th, ensuring the first contact in a tackle does not halt momentum or allow 2nd phase as it will give time for the others to assist or improve their tackle stats, kicking bombs only and letting defensive bombs bounce.
That will cover it and ensure our stats improve.

Last edited:
Expertly summed up.
Mann is a left centre and that is the position they refuse to play him in.
I can see JDB & Graham hanging around in the middle and demanding the ball (no doubt Mc Fookknuckle's game plan), I hope Mann ignores them and gives Lafai very early ball or in fact runs himself.
You know for a fact JDB is playing first receiver for half the game.

Vinnie

Juniors
You’re leaving the ISP team severely depleted..

Yeah it's bad i know but would we really hurt them even more by giving them Aitken, Lafai and Perreira in the form that they are in right now ???

oh by the way add Latimore to that list .... could it be true that we have resigned him for another year ??? Please God NO NO NO

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No option but to play Mann at 5/8.
Bringing field in would be certain disaster.
We need Hunt to stand up and be the playmaker, Mann should just run and make his tackles.
Yep..

If Nicholls had stood up in Melbourne he’d be our man(n) for the job..

But Kurt is next best option.

Huge game from Hunt needed.

This Year?

Immortal
Mann should be on Pereira's wing, Field at 5/8 and Lomax in for Aitken FFS
Quoting this so hopefully Mary sees it.

Repeat after me: "Mann is not a half".

No option but to play Mann at 5/8.
Bringing field in would be certain disaster.
We need Hunt to stand up and be the playmaker, Mann should just run and make his tackles.

I don't see it as disaster. I see it as looking ahead for next season.

Latest posts