What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Look at Thurs night. What was more valuable to the game 1m on TV or 29k?

Memberships are the cash cows for clubs

To the game or to the broncos? To the broncos bums on seats is more valuable

29kx$40x12 games equals more than the tv grant money and that’s before you consider corporate box sales, increased merchandise sales and whatever slice of the food and drink sales they get. Memberships, at least the revenue generating ones are driven by attendance. More people attending g games equals more valuable memberships sold.

Like I said to suggest crowds don’t matter to club revenue is a Complete furphy.

Teams like Bulldogs and Souths get the same amount of money from the Stadium operator whether 1000 or 30000 show up for the game

Do they? I thought they got a set amount up to a certain attendance then once it goes above that they get most of the ticket money from the extra crowd?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Right game right ground. Couple of games a year there in a decent time slot against a big Sydney club and it works, and pray weather is nice,
we haven't come very far as a sport if we're getting excited about 18000 people
I don't care how it looks either

Perth Red

Post Whore
we haven't come very far as a sport if we're getting excited about 18000 people
I don't care how it looks either

Our crowd avg has gone backwards under the IC 18k for a Sydney game is a big deal! And no we haven’t gone very far at all.

Valheru

Coach
How cute, having to rely on a once a year special event from the ‘other’ rugby to generate a decent crowd in Sydney. Clap...clap....clap :)

I just looked at events on the very next day after you made your incorrect comment. One can only assume it happens more than once a year.

franklin2323

Immortal
To the game or to the broncos? To the broncos bums on seats is more valuable

29kx$40x12 games equals more than the tv grant money and that’s before you consider corporate box sales, increased merchandise sales and whatever slice of the food and drink sales they get. Memberships, at least the revenue generating ones are driven by attendance. More people attending g games equals more valuable memberships sold.

Like I said to suggest crowds don’t matter to club revenue is a Complete furphy.

Do they? I thought they got a set amount up to a certain attendance then once it goes above that they get most of the ticket money from the extra crowd?

The sponsors pay more from those 1m people exposure. It all flows on. If you played games with no crowd teams would survive infact would save money.

TV on the other hand is a must for a sport to grow

El Diablo

Post Whore
Our crowd avg has gone backwards under the IC 18k for a Sydney game is a big deal! And no we haven’t gone very far at all.
tenor.gif

Latest posts