What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why all that build up only squash Owens.

Now what do they do with him? Dump him back on the mid card?

He should've stayed on SD and remained a main eventer, fighting Shane O'Mac, but with a clever double turn where Owens would become face and Shane the heel.

They could've swung it back again later down the track.

I'm pretty pissed off that overrated rookie stole the championship from the most charismatic member of the f**king roster

KO is ruined...... it's sad because he's close to Bliss on the mic

I love Braun but just pull the trigger oh my God

Overall I liked the show and results.
-KO getting squashed was a bit of a downer, but he easily bounce back from it with some good booking
-Joe vs AJ was amazing, and sets up a legit big time hell in a cell match between the two
-Miz vs Bryan gets more heat to it and can go for another few months at least
-Rousey squashing Bliss was the right call, Rhonda is incredible and having her go over like that makes her a proper force. Bliss has been in the title scene for almost 2 years over both shows, it's HHH levels of overkill
-Was cool seeing the Demon King, hopefully the can do something with Finn now. Corbin goes back to white anting Kurt
-Jeff, please take some time off, you need it.
-Becky heel turn is much needed, she's been doing virtually nothing for a year, this gives her somewhere to go, and sets up Charlotte vs Becky & hopefully Becky vs Asuka
-Braun was used as bait, and it stopped the fans shitting on Reigns/Brock. I'm okay with Roman but I'm glad they FINALLY put the belt on him again and ripped the bandaid off, now hopefully everyone can move on (doubtful though). I do get a kick out of the fact he pretty much can make grown men cry.

Overall the wrestling itself was good, definitely one of the better shows.

mackdadday

Juniors
A lot of hot and misses.

-I feel like they put the title on Rousey too early like they did Bailey and they should have waited at least another 6 months. Was hoping the Bellas and Nat would give her a beatdown afterwards at least.
-Watching Reigns celebrate was so uncomfortable.
-I hope Charlotte goes hell again.
-That Samoa Joe on the table comment was the moment of the night.

JokerEel

First Grade
Paige has a terrible voice for a GM! sounds like she is trying to push out a fart when she is speaking...

Just came back from raw. Good to experience it, things that stood out:

- fmd it dragged. So many long filler matches. Wtf were they thinking having Corbin v Lashley do a 20min snore first match up. f**k off
- no one cared about Stephanie appearing. Boring
- sorry but a female only PPV won’t work. Not enough depth
- f**k there’s some weird wrestling fans in NY. Pretty sure the guy next to me thought it was real
- reigns got nuclear heat as expected.
- where the duck was Lesnar
- shield was a good way to end the show, crowd was well in to it

Overall a pretty lame show.

___

Juniors
Just came back from raw. Good to experience it, things that stood out:

- fmd it dragged. So many long filler matches. Wtf were they thinking having Corbin v Lashley do a 20min snore first match up. f**k off
- no one cared about Stephanie appearing. Boring
- sorry but a female only PPV won’t work. Not enough depth
- f**k there’s some weird wrestling fans in NY. Pretty sure the guy next to me thought it was real
- reigns got nuclear heat as expected.
- where the duck was Lesnar
- shield was a good way to end the show, crowd was well in to it

Overall a pretty lame show.
So you were actually at Raw? Nice.

Q: How much was the ticket to it?

So you were actually at Raw? Nice.

Q: How much was the ticket to it?

Yeh. Wasn’t too bad, I paid $38 US but it was up in the bleachers. They were spruiking tickets to smack down tomorrow night for $20. Raw itself wasn’t a sell out, there were tarps over a few sections near the top. Pretty average given it was the raw after the second biggest PPV of the year in their home city. Vince has to be worried

Reactions: ___

nöyd

Staff member
Rumours of Ronda vs. N. Bella at Evolution.

That should see me done for a while, I'll watch a replay if Ronda legit breaks Nikki in half though

___

Juniors
Yeh. Wasn’t too bad, I paid $38 US but it was up in the bleachers. They were spruiking tickets to smack down tomorrow night for $20. Raw itself wasn’t a sell out, there were tarps over a few sections near the top. Pretty average given it was the raw after the second biggest PPV of the year in their home city. Vince has to be worried
I'm really just holding out for Super Show-Down. I'm not going, but I'd like to see how full they can get the MCG and whether or not they'll break the WWE crowd record (they'll certainly have enough room to do so). Will be interesting.

My guess is that they are struggling. Using 10-15mins of a raw two months out to promote hhh/ut seems a bit odd. Would be amazing if they fill it though. They’ve picked a good time of year...October really is the dead zone for sport in Australia

Parra Pride

Coach
I was kind of hyped to fly down to Melbourne for that show, but then Taker/HHH was announced as a big draw and that's when I realised that this is really going to be nothing more than a glorified house show like The Greatest Royal Rumble. I'll be more than happy to just sit at home and watch it on the Network now.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for NJPW to do the rounds down here again.

___

Juniors
My guess is that they are struggling. Using 10-15mins of a raw two months out to promote hhh/ut seems a bit odd. Would be amazing if they fill it though. They’ve picked a good time of year...October really is the dead zone for sport in Australia
I'm certain they picked October as the AFL will be done by then. They've picked a very cunning time for it too... 1 week after the AFL Grand Final!

They probably would've been better of doing it 3-4 weeks later - give the big spenders in Melbourne a chance to cool-down from the GF.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I think it’s because Brock was suppose to be in that segment, but as he had flown home, they needed a filler.

mackdadday

Juniors
The Taker/Michaels segment really exposed the difference between days gone by and todays product. Dripping with emotion and power.

Poor old Shield didn't fare well this week. That Rollin's bump was nasty. Can't remember the last time i saw a 50 on 3 beat down.

Jesus could it get any worse? Vince has gone senile

having all the heels protecting braun is so stupid. isn't he supposed to be a beast that can run through anyone? now he has 20 people protecting him from 3 wrestlers. f**k me, it makes no sense. looks at Owens reaction during the segment....he couldn't have been more boo boo face if he tried. bet he was dreaming of taking part in the next all in

it'd only take 1-2 big names to jump ship to ROH and the cards could turn very quickly