What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 TEAM

nontime111

Juniors
I have this super vision of our team next year.......

bear with me a couple of changes and getting rid of some dead wood I think is REALLY holding us back

GONE.....Id love to ditch Dufty ( cant catch a high ball, makes too many mistakes, cant defend like a fullback should a bit of Quinlan mk 2 so hes got to go) and Aitken ( so overrated, hopeless defender a total turnstyle and cant pass for shit) NIGHTS retired......

backline:

LOMAX ( our only long term FB solution in his best position and future superstar)

PERRIERA ( hell get the job done and turn into a good winger)

LAFAI ( not an Inglis in attack but is a decent defender with a great flick and can set up his winger, Aitken making him look bad the last 2 years I think )

MANN ( MUST be in the team can only fit him in at centre but he craps all over Aitken)

NENE ( keep him there, not the most mungrel runner out of our twenty but a total ferrari who knows how to find the line)

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

ONE NEW MUNGREL BIG BASTARD PROP TO REPLACE MIGHTY CONSISTENT AH MAU ( our only real need to buy in the off season one very good prop there must be at least ONE floating round for us)

LUCH ( MUST be in the team every single week splits games apart)

KORBIN ( prop rotation, better than LAWRIE but he goes ok aswell so we do have some depth here)

HERBERT ( MUST get his chance or hell go elsewhere....SUPERSUB off the bench.....if used right can split games open for us, so flexible also, can play multiple positions in the backline so if Widdop has a bad patch in a game can slip into centre while Mann goes to five eight, OR can play five eighth himself)

Id also love to see some variation in the backline to shake things up and surprise other teams, as in, for parts of the game drop WIDDOP back to FB and slip LOMAX into the centres, whack MANN to five eighth , or HERBERT to centre etc etc ) we have a LOT of talent to work with!! I just wich Mclamass would get some damn CREATIVITY and see the talent of the kids here he actually has.......and just how only a couple of vital changes would really help us to maximise, Dufty just not up to it sorry.....move him on, let him go ok elsewhere, same with Aitken

nontime111

Juniors
also If a back gets injured just whack HERBERT In there he can cover so many positions in the backline and that would bring in supersub number 2, FIELD! wed have attack all over score so many points and always keep teams guessing as FIELDS defence looks to be coming good now, the kids look THE goods, not just LUCH, get a few in there I say , enough of the Aitken BS and DUFTY is fast and amazing in spurts but just not FG FB material for us with LOMAX hanging round....a REAL fullback

Dragonslayer

First Grade
OK I'll play along for the fun of it.

F/B - Dufty
Wings - Nene and Mann
Centres - Lomax and Lafai
Halves - Widdop and Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Props - Vaughan and Friz
Back row - T Sims and Leilua
Lock - JDB

Bench - K Sims, Graham, Host, Robson

Players named each week but never selected 18-21 - Aitken, Lawrie, Herbert and Periera or Field

JDHD

Juniors
I can almost guarantee you that, barring injury, it’ll be

Dufty
Lomax
Aitken
Lafai
MacDonald
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Frizell
Sims
De Belin

Latimore
Sims
Mann
Leilua

nontime111

Juniors
wow, if NENE goes we could have
Lomax
Pierrera
Herbert
Lafai
Mann
Widdy
Hunt

or

Dufty
Piererra
Lomax
Lafai
Mann
Widdy
Hunt

bear with me a couple of changes and getting rid of some dead wood I think is REALLY holding us back

GONE.....Id love to ditch Dufty ( cant catch a high ball, makes too many mistakes, cant defend like a fullback should a bit of Quinlan mk 2 so hes got to go) and Aitken ( so overrated, hopeless defender a total turnstyle and cant pass for shit) NIGHTS retired......

backline:

LOMAX ( our only long term FB solution in his best position and future superstar)

LAFAI ( not an Inglis in attack but is a decent defender with a great flick and can set up his winger, Aitken making him look bad the last 2 years I think )

MANN ( MUST be in the team can only fit him in at centre but he craps all over Aitken)

NENE ( keep him there, not the most mungrel runner out of our twenty but a total ferrari who knows how to find the line)

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

ONE NEW MUNGREL BIG BASTARD PROP TO REPLACE MIGHTY CONSISTENT AH MAU ( our only real need to buy in the off season one very good prop there must be at least ONE floating round for us)

KORBIN ( prop rotation, better than LAWRIE but he goes ok aswell so we do have some depth here)

HERBERT ( MUST get his chance or hell go elsewhere....SUPERSUB off the bench.....if used right can split games open for us, so flexible also, can play multiple positions in the backline so if Widdop has a bad patch in a game can slip into centre while Mann goes to five eight, OR can play five eighth himself)

Id also love to see some variation in the backline to shake things up and surprise other teams, as in, for parts of the game drop WIDDOP back to FB and slip LOMAX into the centres, whack MANN to five eighth , or HERBERT to centre etc etc ) we have a LOT of talent to work with!! I just wich Mclamass would get some damn CREATIVITY and see the talent of the kids here he actually has.......and just how only a couple of vital changes would really help us to maximise, Dufty just not up to it sorry.....move him on, let him go ok elsewhere, same with Aitken
F/B - Widdop - Many will not agree but I reckon FB could be his best position, especially with the Team as the priority. I back Bennet's judgement with the English national team. Played great in that position. Positional play excellent, can chime into the back line, still ball play and create from back there BUT (sorry about Dufty) is safe under the high ball and is an excellent defender. Oh...he is also a deadly accurate goal kicker.
Wingers - Nene, Herbert - both these guys can also play centre.
Centres - Lomax, Lafai (only on form)
5/8 - Mann - will bring a lot of energy to this position and will just get better and better the more he plays there. Will not go hiding when things are not going our way.
Halfback - Hunt (c) - could elevate him from being a good half back to being a match winner and a leader.
Hooker - McInnes - Combo with Robson could create some real havoc for opposition as they tire.
Starting Props - Vaughn, Friz - both hard to handle and will bust them up the middle which will create space for the halves. Both create momentum with fast play the balls.
Edge Backrowers - T.Sims, Lucky - The will terrorize defences out wide.
Lock - JDB - we know what he can do in the tackling department. Would love to see him bend the line and promote second phase play (smart offloads)
BENCH
K. Sims - based on current form could be very impactful off the bench. More so than LAM and Latimore.
Graham - Experience and intensity. The rest of the forwards will respond to his example.
Robson - Quicksilver dummy half that could emulate Cook and do some real damage coming on at critical times.
Lawrie - This guy is a genuine ball playing prop. Given more game time he will develop into a top line front rower.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am hoping that we get Bennett and he brings Pangai Junior and Roberts with him. I would also like us to be able to snare Rapana a year early than his contract finishes.

I have also been questioning if Hunt is a good game managing halfback. There were already question marks about this before he got here. I think he is a very good player. Someone on this site even suggested that 5/8 would be more his go, maybe it would be. Bennett also moved him to hooker last year and he played for QLD this year off the bench in the last game. Some think that he should be Qld's starting hooker next year. So it got me thinking that Corey Norman could be worth signing. I have heard/read that Parra have apparently been shopping him around. For next year, I would like to imagine a side of (Yeah I know I am dreaming).

1 Dufty
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Roberts
5 Robert Jennings
6 Widdop
7 Norman
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Leilua
10 Pangai Junior
9 Hunt
8 Frizell

14 Graham
15 Vaughan
16 K Sims
17 Host

18 Lawrie
19 Latimore
20 Mann

Coach Bennett

Then for 2020 sign Munster to play fullback and S Johnson to play 5/8.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I am hoping that we get Bennett and he brings Pangai Junior and Roberts with him. I would also like us to be able to snare Rapana a year early than his contract finishes.

I have also been questioning if Hunt is a good game managing halfback. There were already question marks about this before he got here. I think he is a very good player. Someone on this site even suggested that 5/8 would be more his go, maybe it would be. Bennett also moved him to hooker last year and he played for QLD this year off the bench in the last game. Some think that he should be Qld's starting hooker next year. So it got me thinking that Corey Norman could be worth signing. I have heard/read that Parra have apparently been shopping him around. For next year, I would like to imagine a side of (Yeah I know I am dreaming).

1 Dufty
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Roberts
5 Robert Jennings
6 Widdop
7 Norman
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Leilua
10 Pangai Junior
9 Hunt
8 Frizell

14 Graham
15 Vaughan
16 K Sims
17 Host

18 Lawrie
19 Latimore
20 Mann

Coach Bennett

Bennett isn’t coming, mate. Yesterday’s announcement shot that rumour to smithereens.

Time to build a bridge.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

backline:

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

I find it really interesting that so many people have gone off Dufty.

You’re right, he is a Quinlan clone in so many identical ways, I don’t believe he’ll be playing first grade this time next year.

nontime111

Juniors
I just think Herbert, Lomax, Mann are total guns and Id love to see them all in the 17 somewhere next year, I think theyre all going to be far better than Duff and I dont like Aitken at all period.... Id like to see them in the team, yes even Robson aswell, Luch has shown that the kids have GOT IT and we could be like Penrith this year only better for we are the mighty DRAGONS! Id hate to see one of these kids leave our club...specially Lomax or herbert itd kill me if they dont get a chance, Mann is a gun aswell I like the Widdop fullback idea also so much, that way well get Herbert in there and Mann was ace at 5/8th so USE THEM! theres spots for them ALL if were smart, enough dumb coaching thanks ANY other coach would be using all these kids!

nontime111

Juniors
F/B - Widdop - Many will not agree but I reckon FB could be his best position, especially with the Team as the priority. I back Bennet's judgement with the English national team. Played great in that position. Positional play excellent, can chime into the back line, still ball play and create from back there BUT (sorry about Dufty) is safe under the high ball and is an excellent defender. Oh...he is also a deadly accurate goal kicker.
Wingers - Nene, Herbert - both these guys can also play centre.
Centres - Lomax, Lafai (only on form)
5/8 - Mann - will bring a lot of energy to this position and will just get better and better the more he plays there. Will not go hiding when things are not going our way.
Halfback - Hunt (c) - could elevate him from being a good half back to being a match winner and a leader.
Hooker - McInnes - Combo with Robson could create some real havoc for opposition as they tire.
Starting Props - Vaughn, Friz - both hard to handle and will bust them up the middle which will create space for the halves. Both create momentum with fast play the balls.
Edge Backrowers - T.Sims, Lucky - The will terrorize defences out wide.
Lock - JDB - we know what he can do in the tackling department. Would love to see him bend the line and promote second phase play (smart offloads)
BENCH
K. Sims - based on current form could be very impactful off the bench. More so than LAM and Latimore.
Graham - Experience and intensity. The rest of the forwards will respond to his example.
Robson - Quicksilver dummy half that could emulate Cook and do some real damage coming on at critical times.
Lawrie - This guy is a genuine ball playing prop. Given more game time he will develop into a top line front rower.
love this idea.....Widdop at FB was in my plans today on my long bush walk here in Margaret River hatching my dreamteam to share with you all today, main thing is get rid of damn Aitken! and Duff is a touch footballer not a FG FB sorry Duft

nontime111

Juniors
Lomax is my new avatar...2019 I predict will be YEAR OF THE DRAGONS KIDS!!!!!

like Baths babes only much better....

Lomax
Herbert
Luciano
Robson
Lawrie

GET EM IN THERE!!!!!!! piss off the deadwood! we have SPEED to BURN and so much talent here if one leaves Ill eat my Jersey!

LINESPEED

Juniors

backline:

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

Great ideas - I'd put Duff on wing & Herbert into Hasler's Hospital Pass's position
Oh yeah - Field to bench ( Mary's so-called 'points' man)
Onya Mary, there's hope yet

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors

1 Dufty
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Roberts
5 Robert Jennings
6 Widdop
7 Norman
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Leilua
10 Pangai Junior
9 Hunt
8 Frizell

14 Graham
15 Vaughan
16 K Sims
17 Host

18 Lawrie
19 Latimore
20 Mann

Coach Bennett

Ben Hunt’s strength has never been as an organiser. What he is is potentially the most damaging ball running half since Lockyer. Every time he takes the line on he beats the A defender and creates havoc among opposition and space for his inside runners.

Crush

Coach
Funny, dont see Jai Fields name anywhere? This time a year ago it was Jai Field was the future immortal, now its Lomax.

possm

Coach
Bennett isn’t coming, mate. Yesterday’s announcement shot that rumour to smithereens.

Time to build a bridge.
If the Broncos want him out and he wants out, Bennett will be coming. All the stars are lining up that way with new ownership and debt free, I'm sure we can now afford him.

All these announcements are just jockeying for financial position - who pays for the termination.

The problems with Hunt at hooker are:
He does not defend as good as McInnes or Robson however, when the ball is to be shifted to the right side, maybe sometimes he could move to dummy half to start the play. My team would be:
Coach: Bennett Assistant Coach: JD
1. Lomax
2. Rapana
3. Mann
4. Roberts
5. Oats
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Frizell
9. McInnes/Robson
10. Vaughan
11. Leilua/Host
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Graham/Pangai Junior
15. K Sims
16. Host/Leilua
17. Robson/Dufty/Herbert/Field

Gone: Aitken, Lafai, Macdonald, Nightingale, Garrick, Allgood, Ah Mau, Kerr (8)
Signings: Oats, Roberts, Pangai Junior, K Stims, Rapana (5)
Squad: Three new juniors promoted to our squad of 30.

Bennett will make Lomax, Leilua and Ponga Junior into superstars.

We will win the competition in 2019 if the above can be achieved. So get on with it our new CEO less talk more positive action.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

backline:

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

You posted the exact same thing here:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/kurt-mann-5-8.472106/page-8

Don’t worry, people saw it.

j0nesy

Bench

backline:

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

Pereira is rubbish, and on a good day he’s average

Latest posts