What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey to do a DCE?

TheFrog

Coach
titans should ask for maloney
I think there are those in the Penrith club who would do it.

So to sum it up, Peachey gets benched because he’s not playing well or it’s in the best interests of the team. His reaction to this is to throw the toys out of the cot, make an emotion based decision and sign with the Titans which he now regrets...Hopefully the Titans play hardball with this moron.
Not quite how it transpired. Panthers looking to free up cap space gave a number of players permission to talk to other clubs. Peachey offered good money by Titans and signs.

While he'll be missed at Penrith I think it's for the best that he honours his contract, however you can't make someone play for you if they don't want to.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Tedesco, Mansour, Moltzen, others I can't recall - All did it before DCE
Tedesco signed with the Raiders before backing out as allowed under the rules at that time, but Mansour didn't sign with them, he re-signed with Penrith for less money.

Luke Lewis "agreed to terms" with the Rabbitohs when at Penrith before changing his mind.

I was under the impression there was no cooling off period anymore, at all.

Anyway, Titans should go all Broncos on him and make him sit out a season or two.

Subject him to some japanese inspection.

As was said upthread, there is a cooling off period on contracts, but it is 10 days from the date the contract is signed. hence peachy has no legal leg to stand on in terms of getting out of his contract. The Titans hold all the cards.

I heard James Hooper talking about this on the weekend on triple M. According to him the situation is as follows-

1. Peachey has asked the Titans to be released from his contract, sighting some sort of family reasons.
2. The Titans are potentially open to this as long as they get someone else in return of equal or greater value.
3. The Panthers are talking to them and trying to come to some sort of arrangement potentially around James Maloney.

If The Titans and Panthers can't come to an agreement for a swap then Peach has two options.

1. Go to the Gold Coast and see out his contract.
2. Break his contract and potentially be forced to sit out of football for as long as the Titans deem it suitable. Plus he will need to pay some sort of compensation.

So based on those scenarios, he either goes back to the Panthers as some sort of swap deal or he stays at the Titans. He'd be crazy to sit out.

Whichever way it plays out, the Titans will get something out of the deal.

It honestly wouldn't bother me if he backflipped.

Yes he will add some spark but we have enough turnstiles in this team already. Plus if this rumour is true then there's no point paying for a guy who doesn't even want to be here.

Lambretta

First Grade
3. The Panthers are talking to them and trying to come to some sort of arrangement potentially around James Maloney.

If I were James Maloney, I would be starting to grow a complex
What does that bloke have to do in order to be wanted by a club?

f**k

It honestly wouldn't bother me if he backflipped.

Yes he will add some spark but we have enough turnstiles in this team already. Plus if this rumour is true then there's no point paying for a guy who doesn't even want to be here.

Thing is, he's tied up a roster spot and money under your cap for the last six months. If he pulls the pin now, it's denied you the opportunity to make a play at other big name players that you may have been able to lure up North.

So if he doesn't end up playing on the coast then he owes you some compensation. Just for stuffing you around.

f**k

Apparently has a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way. One of those blokes that can only be handled in small doses.

Showtime

Juniors
Ash Taylor could use someone senior in the halves so if this rumour is true it would benefit both he and Titans.

Penrith would be mad to release Maloney for Peachey. Maloney may be a lot older, but the guy is a proven premiership winner. Peachey? He's a relative nuffie by comparison.

Das Gupta

Juniors
If Cleary and Maloney have a problem they should man up and sort it out. At least get another year out of him before pensioning him off to the super league.
I can't see Maloney going to the Tits regardless.

age.s

First Grade

Making more than 50% of your tackles would be a start.