What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty comments

FlameThrower

Bench
Frankly, it’s the actions of the players this week that i’m concerned with. I couldn’t give a stuff about anything else atm.
They dish up a repeat of Sunday then I truly fear for the future. For me the team is shell of its self. We have the perfect storm of burnout/ fatigue/ poor form, terrible coaching along with possibly a player rift - mission impossible.

Crush

Coach
Oh bull.
Demanding answers is fair.
Booing players that didn’t put in is fair.
In business they would be sacked, not just booed.

PC you lot.
You are The minority, thankfully.
if I am the minority and you are the majority then I am comfortable with that.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Why do people who say things like "PC gone mad" always turn out to be the biggest whiniest babies of all?

If it's all well and good to boo the players why can't the players say something back? You can't have it both ways. If you are supporting abuse from the crowd but criticising the right of Dufty to respond then it's got nothing to do with the completely fictional construct of political correctness - you're just a hypocrite.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are the one who sinks to low levels, calling people idiots who disagree with you......actually says it ALL.
Actually I don’t call him an idiot because he disagrees with me.

I call him an idiot for abusing players and telling them to go back to where they came from.

That is idiotic behaviour, particularly when it’s done in front of kids.

Feel free to disagree.

ouryears

Bench
if I am the minority and you are the majority then I am comfortable with that.
Crush you only have to look through the posts, about 6 people say what you believe, another 50 post that they are sick of our teams titanic sinking act, furious with the effort and lack of heart and say yes we have the right to boo and protest

If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but quit telling other people they should not.
No one tells you that you must, stop telling others they have no right.

Since 2012 you have most likely taken a do not criticise the team approach, well it’s gotten you no where, except a team that is the laughing choking stock of the nrl.
You don’t agitate for change and this is where we are 6 years later.

Price and Mary, geeeezzzeee.

ouryears

Bench
Why do people who say things like "PC gone mad" always turn out to be the biggest whiniest babies of all?

If it's all well and good to boo the players why can't the players say something back? You can't have it both ways. If you are supporting abuse from the crowd but criticising the right of Dufty to respond then it's got nothing to do with the completely fictional construct of political correctness - you're just a hypocrite.
No one said graham had no right to answer back, of course he has, it was emotional and he just got smashed 38 to nil.

The PC side is some people saying we have no right to protest and boo.
That is PC.

Graham has every right to respond, that is not being PC.
Understand the difference?!

OzDragon

Coach
Oh bull.
Demanding answers is fair.
Booing players that didn’t put in is fair.
In business they would be sacked, not just booed.

PC you lot.
You are The minority, thankfully.
Booing players is fine but that's where it should stop. Carrying on after the game (supposedly around the tunnel) doesn't help or solve anything. It was a shit game. We know it, they know it. Move on to this week's game.

Old Timer

Coach
Muzby-how many games have you been to where theyve been booed off twice-half time and full time.Yesterday was my second.I hope to never see another. Yesterday wasnt a disappointing game-it was a disgrace.And as I said before- its not the Dragons i know and love.If you pull on that jersey then you know the history and you try for 80 mins. I dont mind when we lose ( i hate it but i accept it) if we at least had a go but were beaten by a better team on the day-but that effort was zero from word go-they werent even interested.Do that in front of me and expect a gob full. I didnt swear -I just let them know my feelings-Maybe Graham should have spoken to the team and told them to f.. off at half time but dont tarnish all the fans who yelled at them because one player swore back.As I said, I was right there and heard as much said as anyone else
We have much in common re years we have followed the club and games we have gone to
We both know that booing at the footy has been part of the fabric forever
Boo the ref, boo the linesman, boo the opposition all natural reactions and as you succinctly said you have only been to a few games where the team had been booed at half time & full time.
Not something the fans do lightly and it takes a lot to invoke that reaction
If players & coaches are going to be in the media telling the fans the direct opposite of what we know is happening and do it to us week after week then they are deserving of a good bollocking from the fans.
Do a few get carried away well for sure that happens but in no way is it a true reflection of the many that have bottled it all up saying very little if not nothing and finally had a gut full
Hopefully the players might take some notice as it is obvious nothing else has motivated them.
I can remember Sticks, Chook, Chang, Smithy all enduring a good boo or sledge from the crowd at different stages of their careers and they were a damned site better than these precious pretenders.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Feel free to keep calling me a racist despite my unreplied to post explaining my comments.
Feel free to keep thinking your winning arguments by selectivity quoting posts without actually refuting anything in them.
Feel free to continue to cast your views onto other members of an Internet forum you supposed to be a staff member of.
Feel free to never go to actual games and then claim to know exactly what happened at them.

But above all feel free to continue to believe you are the greatest keyboard warrior the Internet has ever seen.
I thought you were done talking to me?

SET2JT

Juniors
Whats pissing me off is all these experts saying we shouldn't be booing our team and should be happy to be in the finals..
Well i have always been a realist and always said we would finish around 7th to 9th this year and thats were the team is at. I booed and was disgusted on the weekend not because they lost but in the manner we lost. 38 zip against a team who lost their Australian front rower, kiwi 5/8 and best player all year for them Mbye. Last game at Kogarah, Nightingales last game and Thompson. Instead of us smashing them we got pumped. When these players realize that these are the games we need to win then they might not get the harsh treatment.

Everyone needs to get off this kids back. He was great yesterday. Mary had a game plan and injuries cost the dragons. We need to extend dufty's contract soon so the loser supporters don't scare him away. He will play origin soon.
damn just what we need another player that will play good to get into origin team come back and do sweet F all for rest of year ......if that’s all McGregor thinks we need should resign now and forever hold his ancient tactics mouth otherwise he may start to realise the teams beating us are playing as a team not the one out shit McGregor seems to think we need may have been ok in the 6ixtyies and early seventies but where not in that era any mote

denis preston

First Grade
I think that Dufty may be a little frustrated that his value has dropped by 150 to 200k as he was looking for an upgrade.Playing behind a busted pack is a lot harder and he has far less time and space that he had earlier in the season. I would be

Saints111

Juniors
Booing players is fine but that's where it should stop. Carrying on after the game (supposedly around the tunnel) doesn't help or solve anything. It was a shit game. We know it, they know it. Move on to this week's game.
Move on to another horrible performance? only things that going to be different is their undies..

Whats pissing me off is all these experts saying we shouldn't be booing our team and should be happy to be in the finals..
Well i have always been a realist and always said we would finish around 7th to 9th this year and thats were the team is at. I booed and was disgusted on the weekend not because they lost but in the manner we lost. 38 zip against a team who lost their Australian front rower, kiwi 5/8 and best player all year for them Mbye. Last game at Kogarah, Nightingales last game and Thompson. Instead of us smashing them we got pumped. When these players realize that these are the games we need to win then they might not get the harsh treatment.
Sorry my friend but never going to happen these do it every year first 19-12 weeks where always in top four then we get to origin and they decide they don’t need to play anymore happens every year lead then miss out or bomb out first week what I don’t understand is they play as a team throwing the ball around and scoring great tries then for some reason they go back to,the one out shit and we lose twice as many as what we win