What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Happy MEel

First Grade
Geez Brown’s defence is good for a young fella. The last one-on-one tackle on that massive number 8 was impressive...even if he did get an offload away.

Gazzamatta

Coach
His defence yesterday was unreal, he smashed another bulldogs player in the first half. This was all done after he dislocated his finger too. Very good defensively.
Miski's defence looked pretty sus in the highlights. I realise he was playing out of his normal position.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Not sure, mate.

Someone else mentioned he was heading north, and I just figured that, since he went get a look at fullback, and he sort of half-arsed it a bit, that he is leaving.

Be a shame if he left.

To be fair to him he has gone back to ISP with a good attitude. He's gotten his hands on the ball and attempted to create. I hope he continues in ISP, even into next year. This is not a knock on his skill, attitude or position in first grade in the future. He needed to learn how to play against bigger players for a year in ISP and learn how to get knocked around, unfortunately he did not get this learning tenure at 20 or 21.

I hope we allow all of our young players enough time in ISP to develop their skills and that they not only accept that they have to spend time there but also take the opportunity to learn with 2 hands before going into first grade. I just wish that instead of demoting the profile of the 20's competition (I believe that this was one of the worst decisions the NRL has made, the NYC was a selling point league had over other codes) they instead promoted the reserve grade competition so that playing there wasn't seen as such a huge demotion for a player and seen as a vital aspect of a player's pathway to first grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be fair to him he has gone back to ISP with a good attitude. He's gotten his hands on the ball and attempted to create. I hope he continues in ISP, even into next year. This is not a knock on his skill, attitude or position in first grade in the future. He needed to learn how to play against bigger players for a year in ISP and learn how to get knocked around, unfortunately he did not get this learning tenure at 20 or 21.

I hope we allow all of our young players enough time in ISP to develop their skills and that they not only accept that they have to spend time there but also take the opportunity to learn with 2 hands before going into first grade. I just wish that instead of demoting the profile of the 20's competition (I believe that this was one of the worst decisions the NRL has made, the NYC was a selling point league had over other codes) they instead promoted the reserve grade competition so that playing there wasn't seen as such a huge demotion for a player and seen as a vital aspect of a player's pathway to first grade.

Agreed with everything.

I'd hate to see us lose French - I still maintain that he is our best number 1, even given his stature.

I hope we retain him.

Chipmunk

Coach

He'd be costing us too much money to be playing reserve grade most of the season.

FragileEel

Juniors
His defence yesterday was unreal, he smashed another bulldogs player in the first half. This was all done after he dislocated his finger too. Very good defensively.

This was my first time watching Brown and while his defence was excellent I thought in attack he didn't seem to get heavily involved. It looked like Miski/French were calling most of the shots out there. For those that have seen him more than I, is he usually running the show at 7 or chiming in off the cuff?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
This was my first time watching Brown and while his defence was excellent I thought in attack he didn't seem to get heavily involved. It looked like Miski/French were calling most of the shots out there. For those that have seen him more than I, is he usually running the show at 7 or chiming in off the cuff?

That was his 5th game in ISP, he's probably easing himself into the game. He'll likely touch the ball more next year. When he was in the 20's he was getting his hands on the ball more.

FragileEel

Juniors
That was his 5th game in ISP, he's probably easing himself into the game. He'll likely touch the ball more next year. When he was in the 20's he was getting his hands on the ball more.
Makes sense. In his defence it wasn't much of a game any half took control of. I thought GL was ok too. Still a way off for first grade though imo

To be honest..
In Matts and SG Ball he normally chimed in.
Alot depends who is in the team and how dominant they are.
In the case of our junior teams in the past they are normally controlled bye who the coach structures the team around.
In alot of the games iv seen Brown takes a back seat..

Gronk

Staff member
Roosters have jumped into bed with Norths. Roosters ditched Wyong. Bears ditched Souths.