What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run to finals

Leber

Bench
So now we need The Knights to beat the Dragons and the broncos to lose to the sea eagles (Or win by 1 point only).

Neither will happen.

I think we have a date with the Panthers in Aus.

Big Marn

Juniors
So now we need The Knights to beat the Dragons and the broncos to lose to the sea eagles (Or win by 1 point only).

Neither will happen.

Yep. Theres more chance of Winx losing her next start than both Knights and Eagles winning in the same round.

Neither will happen.

Maloney massive for Panthers.
Can we play the Dragons please (never thought I would say that).

Can see the Dragons losing, cant really see Brisbane dropping their game. Damn Bellamy and his resting players!
Billy had some family commitments during the week (death???)
Munsters elbow looked rough last weekend.
Manly for Broncos at Suncorp earlier this year.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Dragons and Broncos win = Warriors going to Penrith.
Knights and Broncos win = Warriors going to Brisbane.
Dragons and Sea Eagles win = Warriors going to Kogarah (or wherever they play their finals games).
Knights and Sea Eagles win = Dragons coming to Auckland.

I don't like either of the top two options :(

*Edit: Knights win, Broncos & Sea Eagles draw = Broncos coming to Auckland. Works for me!

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jubilee will not host a semi.

WIN is a possibility, but Homebush will win the day should the Saints host one.

Carn Knights, I would love to see a Warriors home semi.

TheDMC

Bench
Dragons and Sea Eagles win = Warriors going to Kogarah (or wherever they play their finals games).

*Edit: Knights win, Broncos & Sea Eagles draw = Broncos coming to Auckland. Works for me!

Aren't all Sydney club finals at the main Sydney stadiums like ANZ? Ie none at Penrith Stadium, WIN, Jubilee...

Burns

First Grade
8th place looking extremely likely and an away match against Penrith unless Brisbane beat Manly by +32 points.

Will probably be a 5:30pm Saturday (AEST) kick off game at ANZ?

Sharks losing by 28+ throws a spanner in the works.
Assuming this doesn't happen.

Broncos winning by 33 puts them into 5th.
(Play us in Brisbane)

More than 24 less than 33 makes them 6th.
(Play Dragons in Brisbane)

More than 1 and less than 24 makes them 7th (Play Dragons in Sydney)

1 point win, draw or loss = 8th. (Play Panthers in Syndey)

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Important to note that Penriths home game will likely be at ANZ, or possibly at Allianz if NRL do a double header

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
At the end of the day I'm happy were in the 8 and playing next week. We've won 4 of our last 4 and I think most teams will be little weary of us.

However, and I know I keep going on about this....we've let some opportunities slip through our fingers this year and I can't help but think about the what If's.

What if the touchie pulled that pass up against the Sharks?
What if we turned up against the baby Panthers?
What if we didn't have that shit half of footy against the Titans?
What if we turned up against the Doggies a few weeks ago?

Easily could be sitting pretty in top spot had we been more on to it...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Aren't all Sydney club finals at the main Sydney stadiums like ANZ? Ie none at Penrith Stadium, WIN, Jubilee...

From week 2 onwards that is correct, some select teams are allowed to host in week 1, pretty sure Penrith is one of them and maybe Saints can use win. Souths, Dogs and Roosters already use those grounds. Parra will be able to use their new ground, Manly and Cronulla will never play a true home finals match again

vvvrulz

Coach
At the end of the day I'm happy were in the 8 and playing next week. We've won 4 of our last 4 and I think most teams will be little weary of us.

However, and I know I keep going on about this....we've let some opportunities slip through our fingers this year and I can't help but think about the what If's.

What if the touchie pulled that pass up against the Sharks?
What if we turned up against the baby Panthers?
What if we didn't have that shit half of footy against the Titans?
What if we turned up against the Doggies a few weeks ago?

Easily could be sitting pretty in top spot had we been more on to it...

That's footy (and us) I suppose, I'm just glad we're actually in the final dance

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
From week 2 onwards that is correct, some select teams are allowed to host in week 1, pretty sure Penrith is one of them and maybe Saints can use win. Souths, Dogs and Roosters already use those grounds. Parra will be able to use their new ground, Manly and Cronulla will never play a true home finals match again

Not any more, looks like all Sydney teams play at ANZ or Allianz now. This from the NRL website:

“Approved home city venues for the first three weeks of the finals: Sydney – ANZ Stadium, Allianz Stadium; Brisbane – Suncorp Stadium; Melbourne – AAMI Park/Etihad Stadium/MCG; Auckland – Mt Smart Stadium”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/30/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2018-nrl-finals/

So right now we’re pretty much guaranteed a Sydney semi at ANZ or Allianz, which on this year’s form I’m pretty happy about.

Brisbane lose - we stay 7th and play the Dragons
Brisbane win by <23 - we drop to 8th and play Penrith at ANZ
Brisbane win by 23-32 - we drop to 8th, Brisbane jump to 6th and St George drop to 7th (reversing home advantage in that game) , we still play Penrith at ANZ.
Brisbane win by 32+ - we play Brisbane at Suncorp.

So the smart money is on us facing the Panthers unless Manly do is a favour.

Latest posts