What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I reckon Broncos and Dragons will both lose this weekend in close ones. Broncs because they can't string more than two wins a row, us because we're us. That would mean no change to the current ladder, which means we would play the Warriors in Auckland. And if so, we have a good shot at beating the Warriors, we have been a bit of a bogey team for them in the past. That will probably be it though.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
I'd love to see us pitted against the Broncos week 1. Just to see us beat them and prove once and for all that Mary is a better coach than Bennett. Too many people in this forum weren't convinced of this after we smashed them in round 1, but Mary's determination, resilience and leadership will make believers out of many.

BennyV

Referee
Now now BennyV, “could” and “best chance” does not equal “definite”. You’re not normally one for deliberate misreading. To paraphrase Yoda - do not let your hate for the coach poison you to the dark side of bad faith straw manning.
Yep, playing Wazzas in Sydney is best case scenario for sure. We win that game. Anything else is a likely loss.

hewi

Bench
I can’t work out if you are taking the piss, been in the sun to long or smoking some strong shit. Maybe all three together?

BennyV

Referee
Luke "I don't believe it"
Yoda "That us why you fail"

Its all about confidence. Just need a good win today and the boys will get some belief back.

Go Luke! I mean Dragons!
Yep, just like a gritty, strong win against the Tigpies primed us for the important home game that would have put us in the Top 4...

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Yep, just like a gritty, strong win against the Tigpies primed us for the important home game that would have put us in the Top 4...

It must have been that physical of a clash that it wore them out. They've had a good rest this week with just the one training hit out yesterday, so I'm excited.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I'd love to see us pitted against the Broncos week 1. Just to see us beat them and prove once and for all that Mary is a better coach than Bennett. Too many people in this forum weren't convinced of this after we smashed them in round 1, but Mary's determination, resilience and leadership will make believers out of many.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON I WANT SOME

MilanDragon

Juniors
Will be playing Broncos by the looks of it (assuming they win). It’s just dependent on how much they win by if we’re at home or away.

Anon

Bench
Broncos will win by 25 and then the decision not to take the gift 2 points against the Sharks at the death early in the year will cost us a home semi final. :)

hazzbeen

Bench
Interesting finish to the season coming up, dragons could still finish anywhere from 5th-8th.
I think our best chance at winning week one of finals is against Warriors. They look to be the weakest of the other top 8 teams.
Panthers and Broncos would equal mad monday, particularly Broncos.
A home final against the warriors and we could be into week 2. Hopefully by then widdop and hunt are over their 12 week holiday.
Go Dragons.
Yep agree I know the Warrior's beat us twice this year , but would rather play them ...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Nice one ............... I was starting to believe you until you mention the word, Mary and 'Leadership' in the one sentence. Nothing like a good chuckle after a convincing win.

Red V for life

Juniors
Please don’t let it be the Broncos.

Being based up here in SE QLD, I gave it big time to the Donkey supporters when we beat them safe in the knowledge we wouldn’t likely play them again this season. Was feeling confident that would be the case till last week.

i hate karma.

Latest posts