What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

ALSGI

Bench
Can someone answer me this.
Having only watched the 2nd half on Sat I have read that JDB injured his foot in the 1st half,heard a crack in his foot.Possibly broken or ligament damage.If so WTF why was he sent back on in the 2nd half instead of sending Luc on.
It was very early, would have been an intechange gone early and he came good quickly....I’m guessing that’s the rationale but yep would have been great to see LL out there early too.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I wonder if the board realise the lost revenue that Mary will cause because of his poor coaching. Saints made it to the finals and if they were actually performing well the club will be making good coin with all the fans having actual belief that they can go all the way. Yet Mary has them playing like busted's and looking the easy beats of the finals series. How can fans support that? I am actually hoping Saints don't get flogged let alone win.

There would be so many more fans making an effort to go to Qld yet there is a lot more not going because they know they will fail and it will be a waste of money. Even if it was in Sydney I think there would be less fans. If they were hosting a home final the opposition fans would outnumber the Saints fans.

Why, because Mary has them going backwards at a time they should be firing and raring to go. They missed out on a top 4 spot because the conceded 78 points to Parra and Dogs and scored 4. If they lost both by 2 they would have still made top 4 or better still won 1 then it is a different story altogether. This is not a dip in form, this is a huge embarrassment.

The icing on the cake for me was being 4-2 down against an injury ravaged Knights and going for 2 pts. Only to miss the goal and defend their line and not get the ball for the 10-15 mins after that kick. That defined the Saints season. Poor choices which led to disastrous results. Saints now playing in Brisbane because of that. Shows the finals team that if Saints are in your half, give away a penalty and have a breather. They won;t be coming for you. Warriors showed that early in the season yet they still have not taken the hint that teams purposely give away a penalty to get a breather cause Saints are so dumb they will go for goal.

Mary got the team he wanted and finished 2 positions higher on the ladder than last season. That is what the board need to realise. The team he wanted got flogged 78-4 against teams last and 3rd last at the time. I know Brisbane also got flogged by Dogs at ANZ a few weeks before Dragons did, but since then have looked like winning the comp which is the massive difference in the 2 sides. Brisbane's worst season in history and they finished with a home semi against Saints.

Sorry for the long post but at a time we should be cheering feel very flat because the Saints look like the easy beats of the Finals.
Good post....sadly everthing you stated is true

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Can someone answer me this.
Having only watched the 2nd half on Sat I have read that JDB injured his foot in the 1st half,heard a crack in his foot.Possibly broken or ligament damage.If so WTF why was he sent back on in the 2nd half instead of sending Luc on.
Mate those are just some of the reasons why the coach is an imposter

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mate the bad weather that you say is forecast , could be a blessing for us .... Hope the skies open up and it pisses down with heavy rain all day . Sorry if you get wet , but it will suit us one up , one up dont pass the ball like we have been for the last 6 weeks . Mary knew this weeks ago and was preparing us for this day one up stuff .... Genius .......
Hazz sorry mate to be negative but even the rain gods wont help.....and can you imagine Hunt and Dufty under the high balls...their bad enough when its dry..the mind shudders

possm

Coach
Why do you think Suncorp will flood again

You need a big release of water from dams for Suncorp to 'flood'. I'm not even thinking about flood. Suncorp as good drainage and so light rain will do very little except to make the ground slippery. What I'd like to see is drenching bucks of rain which might make the ground slower thus evening up the speed in the backlines and reducing the success of an expansive game plan.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
McGregor has been a liability for years.
I would be happy if we were just competitive on next Sunday.
I am afraid of another big score which will just embarrass us 2 years in a row.
The time for all of McGregor's press conference BS and positive spin is over.
First week of the finals.
As he himself said, it's a whole new competition now.
We are playing in Brisbane at the Suncorp cauldron.
For me Bennet is showing why he is a master coach.
timing his run into the finals to perfection.
As I have said many times, write Bennet off at you peril.
I agree with your comments Dennis......but one thing to remember you dont have to be Wayne Bennett to beat McGrexit.....Donald Trump could do that as well

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You need a big release of water from dams for Suncorp to 'flood'. I'm not even thinking about flood. Suncorp as good drainage and so light rain will do very little except to make the ground slippery. What I'd like to see is drenching bucks of rain which might make the ground slower thus evening up the speed in the backlines and reducing the success of an expansive game plan.
Mate I know what you mean ....just trying to shed some humor on this sad occassion

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I just hope we have a captain that isn't going to nod and cop abuse from the refs like was happening on Saturday. We need a captain that knows their rights and that is going to try and keep the refs accountable for only reffing one team.
Where are we going to find one in a week.....the only one capable is JG .....Widdop certainly doesnt fit your needs above...and sadly he will be playing half busted and lacking confidence...think he will be concentrating on getting through the 80 let a lone the refs....sadly been around to long and know from experience you dont get the 50/50 calls in Brisbane......hope Im wrong as The Donkeys head my most hated list

Gareth67

First Grade
Great news fellas - all is not lost after all ! Now take a close look at today’s Tele. on the bottom of page 49 and you will find the winners of this weekends semi finals , it is in code .

The teams to the right will actually be the victors and you just wont believe it , but our beloved Dragons are one of them - praise and thanks to the footy gods as we will be going through to week 2.

I am so confident that I am putting down a ten dollar bet on the boys to beat the broncos and so get behind the boys - Dragons by 8 ! :innocent:

Back to reality, was rather surprised to see Phil Rothfield say that ANY one of the semi-finalists were capable of taking out the 2018 trophy and made the point “ even St.George Illawarra “ .

Last edited:

st penguin

Juniors
JDB was struggling at the time with his leg and he was the one calling for the 2 so that he could get treatment and not have to take part in an attacking raid. They may have taken it anyway but it looked like the reason to me.
Actually, yeah I remember thinking that at the time (now you remind me)

Bench
I will be looking forward to see the team tomorrow. Will McIdiot bring back Aitken and Flo back.