What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 QF2 Fri - Storm 29-28 Rabbitohs @ AAMI

Finals Week 1: Storm v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why is this on a Friday when there are massive AFL games on these days..

Why not put this on a Saturday or Sunday?

Hope Souths win though

TheFrog

Coach
Melbourne hardly have a team atm.
Of the 17 who played against the Bulldogs in round 1, 12 of them played last Friday night. Missing were Munster, Vunivalu, Chambers, Asofa-Solomona and Croft. Slater missed round 1 but Croft was his replacement anyway, with Munster playing 1. Compared to what other sides have endured this year, that was nothing.

Their opponents last weekend had 13 of their round one 17 playing. Methinks Storm fans claiming to be massively depleted by injury are laying it on a bit thick.

Righto. No worries. I guess not having 3 Australian national team players and 1 kiwi national team player and the second highest try scorer in the whole of last years World Cup for Fiji is no big deal. All good.

The_Shield

Juniors
Of the 17 who played against the Bulldogs in round 1, 12 of them played last Friday night. Missing were Munster, Vunivalu, Chambers, Asofa-Solomona and Croft. Slater missed round 1 but Croft was his replacement anyway, with Munster playing 1. Compared to what other sides have endured this year, that was nothing.

Their opponents last weekend had 13 of their round one 17 playing. Methinks Storm fans claiming to be massively depleted by injury are laying it on a bit thick.
Yeah because we all know round 1 lineups are the best hey.

The fact is the Storm were missing Slater, Munster, Vunivalu, Chambers, NAS, Croft, Kasiano and Brandon Smith. That’s 8 of our top 17. Even more it’s 6 of our starting 13. But it’s not even about how many were missing, it’s who was missing. Our fullback, our 5/8, our halfback, our right side centre and wing (where Penrith scored the majority of their tries), our prop, our spark off the bench. Take that out of any side and see how they go

TheFrog

Coach
I guess you're not used to having injuries because this is nothing other sides haven't had to deal with all season. Some of your young fellows looked pretty promising I thought.

Someguy

First Grade
It’ll be penalty Melbourne and again now....

They hold us for 6 seconds in the play the ball and we get no penalty.

We hold them for 4 seconds and they’ll get the penalty..

One things for sure I know we have the better team but we will have to it under adversity and having never have won in Melbourne from 17 attempts.

To be fair you completely won the wrestle in the last match and many a play the ball was pushing 10 seconds without being penalised.

I can’t pick a winner for this one tbh I think if storm get on top and wind up the burgees boys it will be a penalty and mistake fest and Melbourne will run away with it and rabbits will end up with a few at the judiciary.

If rabbits can keep up the wrestle and play a controlled game points will come and they should have enough class to outscore the storm.

I guess you're not used to having injuries because this is nothing other sides haven't had to deal with all season. Some of your young fellows looked pretty promising I thought.

Righto, a few injuries. Sheesh, you are the king of understement. We have half the Australian and Kiwi teams out mate. The Panthers had Numpty McNumpty out.

TheFrog

Coach
Righto, a few injuries. Sheesh, you are the king of understement. We have half the Australian and Kiwi teams out mate. The Panthers had Numpty McNumpty out.
Edwards and Wallace are the main ones we're having trouble covering but they are out for the season. It was pretty dire mid-season though. Anyway hope you get some of your guys back this week.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Storm need to win this game because they are busted, they remind me of the 2016 Cowboys team.. And this will be a bash-a-thon and I think Souths can bash them all the way to Suncorp Stadium.