What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Frailty

First Grade
And there is no confidence in the NRL or its salary cap at all.

Given we have had no back-to-back premiers since 92-93 (or the SL97-NRL98 if you want to count that), that this years competition was the closest on record with 2 points separating 1st and 8th, given the increase TV figures (largest of the Aussie sports), increased crowd figures, and increased memberships....

... I dare say the Salary Cap is achieving exactly what it set out to do.

carcharias

Immortal
Fish n chips wrapper now

Rothfield and his mates got caught out bullshitting.

Bring on the Roosters with all those expensive player under the cap.
Bwhaha

THE Ben Johnson line , so Ben Johnson was a drug cheat booo , hang on Carl Lewis who was awarded the title was years found to have failed 3 drug tests before the games but it was hidden by the USA olympic organisation , the other 6 runners in that race also all failed drug tests in the following year , so Ben actually cheated to try an compete against other drug cheats lol

Yeah the classic surprised look on Lewis’ face as Johnson blew past him in the 100m final was now known to be “Hang on, don’t I have the best drugs?”.

Showtime

Juniors
Whats the go with all those "playing an unregistered player".

Surely that should have been picked up before the person actually played a game.

Pretty embarrassing considering most local club comps can pick up when a player hasn’t played enough games to qualify for finals games.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't acknowledge any of that. I just acknowledge consistency in application of rules.

Well surely, if you're saying the salary cap doesn't work and it's a failure, you'd say the same about the current laws regarding speed limits. It has the same 'consistency' problems...

Of course, you could simply acknowledge the salary cap is achieving what it has set out to do, but suggest ways that enforcement could be improved. But of course that doesn't fit in with your 'SALARY CAP IS BROKEN' crisis outrage.

TheDalek079

Bench
some players unexpectedly get called up to play rep footy and thus earn bonuses which puts their team over the cap. other times teams have been plagued by injury so badly they need to call up players out of their top squad, putting them over the second tier cap.

These instances are clearly different from the Storm rort. These instances are clearly different from the Bulldogs rort. These instances are clearly different from the Warriors rort. These instances are clearly different from the Eels rort.

Since they are different, then its fair that different penalties are applied

Frailty

First Grade
So each one of you critically evaluate the system to make sure your specific clubs' breach, while outside the rules should still be acceptable.

There is the bias problem in a nut shell and both of you have exemplified it for us all.

You are unable to actually detail any instances of where cheating has resulted in a premiership like you have claimed. There have been a series of posts deleted because you made claims you couldn't back up.

The salary cap works. All breaches are not created equal. That's an issue for you, we get it. Repeating yourself doesn't add to the discussion.

You are either a cheat or you aren't. There are either rules or not.

Again, if you drink and kill someone on the roads doesn't matter if you are 0.07 or 0.27, you are up for manslaughter.

Last edited:
You can say what you like about the Melbourne Storm but 5 of the current captains in the NRL finals are Storm players or former players. Widdop, inglis, Harris, Maloney and Smith. Our talent and development systems are second to none and we have absolutely had to give up players because of our own salary cap.

carcharias

Immortal
No sweat and I am not having a go at the Sharks. I hope they keep their premiership. Its the system that is inherently wrong.
I don’t give a shit what you reckon.
It’s obvious you have started a fake account .
I’d say it’s because your real team came dead motherless last.

Right ok. you know everything I suppose. I think I have proven who I am with my posting history. I am just an average bloke from Melbourne who has fallen in love with the game and started positing expecting positivity from all fans. Only to find the hatred and tribalism in NRL turns everyone into a horrid human being. At least AFL supporters can get onto an internet site and have a civil conversation debating issues. NRL types seem unable to even have common decency towards one another. Shame though.

carcharias

Immortal
Right ok. you know everything I suppose. I think I have proven who I am with my posting history. I am just an average bloke from Melbourne who has fallen in love with the game and started positing expecting positivity from all fans. Only to find the hatred and tribalism in NRL turns everyone into a horrid human being. At least AFL supporters can get onto an internet site and have a civil conversation debating issues. NRL types seem unable to even have common decency towards one another. Shame though.

You are wasting your time
I don’t believe you

Generalzod

Immortal
I have friends that come from Melbourne and live in Sydney I'll tell you from what they tell me no one really cares about the Storm.

Latest posts